Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Veil of Shadows  (Read 14841 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »
+1
No I think you misunderstand. The game is or was going perfectly fine. My life is what is going horribly wrong. I haven't been able to work on anything because of that.
oOH! Damn dude sorry to hear that, I was going through a tough spot some time ago (well, still kind of) don't let it get you down man. Nothing lasts forever, eventually you will have your day! If you got to vent man, I've seen people do it in the forum off topic. It sometimes helps dude, at least you'll get support from friendly people here at the dungeon. Good luck man!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »
Yeah I know I been through a lot in the past I just can't focus at the moment so I am dialing back what I am doing till things get straight again.

Even though things are pretty bad off at the moment I still have some things going on. I got together with another guy I know that programs and we are currently planning a production game that is all original. He won't have time till fall and that should give me enough time to clear up what is currently happening. If all goes well we will have an audio guy joining us soon and should be able to start work on something in fall. It's still early in the works though but we did settle in on the idea of a platformer since that is what I had been working on. Obviously it will not be a castlevania game though. If I do continue with a fan game that would have to be on the side and on my own most likely.

We haven't decided what we will be using to make the game be it data driven and mostly from scratch or using something like construct 2. I still want to avoid the browser and would rather go mostly from scratch. There are a few engines we could use that are free so who knows. We have a lot of time to plan yet. I have to buy some hardware still as well. If I am designing all original artwork I need a tablet and those aren't cheap. I will need to come up with around 5k to get this off the ground. I know we are quite capable because we worked together before on an online game and we could do anything with it. Making a platformer is childsplay in comparison.

After we get one title wrapped up we have other formulas we want to try out as well like side scroll space shooter similar to gradius or r-type and maybe something like final fight or streets of rage. I even been kicking around the idea of a game real similar to classic zelda like a link to the past. None of those games should be all that hard to create and the classic formulas are obviously missed by many. Pair that with cd quality audio and HD graphics and you have a winner.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Tags: