Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056461 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #750 on: August 26, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »
Sorry for double-posting, but I dont know how to add attachments editing a post. I have found one of my old sprites in Serio old forum thing, but all images are deleted, the only remaining are the preview JPEGized ones  :-X
 I dont remember where my original ones are, but for the time being, there is it  :-[
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #751 on: August 26, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
There's no thread.  You can just jump right in or make one at Off Topic like some other people have.

We don't attack people for saying they're new, but being new, you lack a few features until you get enough posts, like voting and promoting people.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #752 on: August 26, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »
Thank you for the advice, you read my mind or something, because I've thinked in asking about promoting people xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline RavenZX13

• Atop the bell tower....
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #753 on: August 27, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »
The sprites are definitely looking awesome (^_^)b
Life is a gift. Death is the return policy.

Don't forget the receipt on your way out......

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #754 on: August 27, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »
 Someone can post/knows where I can find all whips and sub-weapons from PoR and DoS? Thanks in advance.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #755 on: August 28, 2012, 11:13:25 AM »
Wow, its pretty cooler than mine, its a shame that I dont remember in what DVD thats stored, but thats still in Serio old forum in somewhere, even Rukifelth (or that is Dracula9 lol) tried to help me in that :)
Hello there, I have been reading various threads in this forum and decided to join, I have been helping Serio finding various bugs in CV Fighter so some people here know me already. There's a thread to newcomers like me introduce yourselfs to the users? Sorry, Im not used to forums so take easy on me please  :-[

P.S: Kamui Zero is still working in his project (CV2 Remake)? Thats one of the things that motivated me to join this community lol

Yes I am but work has been halted quite a bit due to complications

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #756 on: August 28, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
@Uzo:  Eh, nothing a little post-production touching up won't fix.  Probably messing with the shading.
But no it shouldn't lift so the upper part should probably stay... ass-shaped.. xD

@Darkmanx_429:  I'm using this as the base for the magic coat she's using:

@VladCT:  I don't know.  Shanoa and Charlotte seem to have quite a bit of 'detail... as does PSP SotN Maria... maybe... >_>
Ohhhh, k then it looks just like her. No combat pouch on the sprite?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:41:09 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #757 on: August 30, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
@ jorge. Very nice on the sonia sprites. They look great!
@ uzo  weren't you involved with a game that had richter& maria with an owl familiar back in the day? I remember you showing a richter sprite on here a while back.Just curious are you still working on it?

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #758 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
Someone can post/knows where I can find all whips and sub-weapons from PoR and DoS? Thanks in advance.

Did you check Spriters-Resource or Shyguy Kingdom yet?
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #759 on: August 30, 2012, 01:40:18 PM »
Did you check Spriters-Resource or Shyguy Kingdom yet?

Yes...
Shyguy Kingdom doesnt even have DS sprites from any castlevania and Spriters-Resource doesnt have whips and sub-weapons from POR, and doesnt have all animations from sub-weapons.

Someone please can hel me with these? POR whips and sub-weapons and DOS Julius' sub-weapons.
I cant rip these myself with TileMolester, it says that it needs more memory when I try to open a DS rom and I have searched for this sprites on internet too. Please, help! lol
I can even tell what is the whips adress in TileMolester if someone want to help, because I've seen it in a old post that Esco asked help and Pemburu Vampire helped him telling how to rip and the sprites and palletes adress.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #760 on: August 30, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »
If you can find me those addresses I'll have a look.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #761 on: August 30, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »
@ uzo  weren't you involved with a game that had richter& maria with an owl familiar back in the day? I remember you showing a richter sprite on here a while back.Just curious are you still working on it?

I was, until just recently. Regrettably, life events have forced my hand and I can no longer continue it. It was by no means an easy decision to make, and it marks the end of a big dream of mine.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #762 on: August 30, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
If you can find me those addresses I'll have a look.
Thanks  :D

More or less what Pemburu said: "Open the ROM with TM and set the codec to 4bpp linear, reverse-order and set the mode to 2 dimension and go to address 21DA000, for the gfx of Jonathan's weapons and 158A000 for Soma's weapons.
For the palette address of John's weapon it starts at 2584828, for Soma's
weapons palette address it starts at 1994316.
Just add 36 to it and you'll get the palette for the next weapon (example; 2584828+36= 2584864)."

Since Im not a genius like him, I dont know the adresses for sub-weapons and its palletes, but if you can rip atleast all whips... thanksthanksthanks lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dalles

• The Leader of Darklings
  • Hunter in Training
  • At the Chaos Core
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #763 on: August 31, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »
I have several requests for spritework:

Level of quality: comparable to SOTN.

http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/castle-beta-06.jpg

I'd like her to:
- use a dagger as a main weapon in this default color set and a whip in a black-colored version.
- also a succubus-style poisonous kiss would be a nice touch.
(when HP is down to 50%:)
- pink, dagger-wielding version would drop/lose her dagger and start moving like the Persephone enemies from AoS.
- black, whip-wielding version would start jumping around Harley-Quinn-style, also with her whip lost.

Request 2:

Victor Delacroix. There's gonna be a whooole lot of him due to him being a central character of the project Lelygax and I are working on.

Here's how he looks:

http://static.dailystrength.org/groupfiles/2/8/1/2/10002182/g_774790757.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/VeryGnawty/Victor2.jpg

Quality level: SOTN-comparable as well, please.

OK, so basically form 1 is the most seen: he'll be appearing in convos when the players will play as Farah, he'll be confronted several times as well and have his own campaign too.

Movement: basics (running, walking and jumping, with and without the sword), teleporting in and out, summoning a glyph, capturing one and enshrouding himself in darkness to transform into another form, kneeling (for the last few cutscenes).
Fighting: sword (several moves), fist (several moves), glyph summon.
Other: fist grip in anger, facepalm, shake head, nod head.

form 2:

colors would be the exact opposite of the current ones, basically like a negative of a photo.
movement: walking, running, jumping around, teleporting.
Fighting: sword, fist, glyph summon as in the previous one.

form 3:

eyes red, sword: red with black handle, cape/suit: black, hair: black, skin: white.
movement: as above.
fighting: as above.

form 4:

similar to this: http://devils-lair.org/enemies/dmc4/alto_angelo1.jpg
but entirely black and with helmet not covering face, and with hair 'comin' out' from under it. Two types should be made, one with white hair and the other with black hair (the 'Negative Delacroix' form will not use AT, so he will not transform into this).
animations: running, flying would be more like series of jumps
fighting: sword and wing-formed shield (any of the two wings could be temporarily turned into a shield).

Both Lelygax and myself would appreciate any help on this.
Immortality or inexistence... the choice is yours.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #764 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:08 AM »
So... someone tried to rip the whips or subs from POR? I understand that it takes time and all, but since no one said anything in this thread these days I didnt know if someone at least tried or is having some kind of difficulty.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything