Poll

If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?

Sarah Belmont
0 (0%)
Elizabeth Belmont
1 (5.9%)
Lisa Belmont
0 (0%)
Other (please say)
16 (94.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?  (Read 26242 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 05:59:59 PM »
In Reply To #44

Graphics aren't everything, sure, but you do realize that can't take a step back when making a game. That seems to be the major complaint with some aspects of LoI and CoD. As far as Graphics are concerned, if you have Ayami Kojima's lovely SotN characters, then are introduced to the N64 CV's awesome looking characters, ANYTHING LESS would not suffice. Get it? Then, to introduce ugly-ass characters, especially after you got the fanbase liking the looks of the prior games, that's just upsetting stomachs. The first time I seen Resurrection's Sonia, I asked, "What happened to the hot ass Sonia from Legends?! She was AWESOME looking! This chick(from Resurrections) looks like 'Olga the mule faced Viking Woman'. And, why in the HELL was Tim Curry in the game? Some sort of Rocky Horror Picture Show tribute?? I mean, with the time hopping powers, are they going to do the 'Time Warp'?". It's like, for the steps forward Konami took in revitalizing the "face" of CV(and though I'm not a fan of the N64-vanias or Legends, I admit, the "look" of those games and the characters are badass), Resurrections took ten steps back in the graphics department.

And regarding what IGA said on the matter of the left over data of Resurrections, he doesn't have any plans on ever releasing any stages. And, I can assure you, if he does, he'll have his peeps indefinately remodel and touch up the stages to look(at the very least) on par with LoI and CoD, though with hopes that CV's heading onto the NEXT gen, the actual HOPE that IGA will draw upon the Resurrection resources is fading FAST. It's just going to be another one of those "games that could've been, but will never be" type deals, locked away in a vault for all of eternity. There's no use crying over spilled milk, it's done. Gone. Finito! It's like wondering what could've happened between you and that girl from junior high if you had the nerve to ask her out, but you didn't and it's 10 years past and you're still kicking yourself about it. Sometimes you have to move on and forget about it!

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 08:57:46 PM »
Getting back on topic-why not something a bit more Romanian?  The good one has already been taken by a non Belmont however (Maria).  But there are other good ones.  Sophia/Sofia is good, IMO.  Aurelia I like too.  I think Lily was mentioned, which would be either Lili or Liliana in Romanian.  There are a bunch of others, just need to look online.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »
Sofia/Sophia is an excellent name. I can't understand why they(be it IGA or pre-IGA/CV64/CotM/Legends CV creators) never thought of that name before. It's a beautiful name.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2007, 01:25:38 AM »
Quote from: DragonSlayr81
It's like wondering what could've happened between you and that girl from junior high if you had the nerve to ask her out, but you didn't and it's 10 years past and you're still kicking yourself about it. Sometimes you have to move on and forget about it!

:'(

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 07:19:36 AM »
Look, what i wanted to say and pass, is that if Resurrection was a game made with the same graphic engine like LoI and CoD then it would have been better and not with the graphics that it was having for the dreamcast.

Also this game doesn't have to stop IGA from making a new Castlevania game with a female leader character.

With this said, i have nothing more to say and let's just get back to the topic!! :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »
Okay, so female Belmont names...

Sylvia Belmont
Angela Balmont

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2007, 04:19:19 PM »
It's like wondering what could've happened between you and that girl from junior high if you had the nerve to ask her out, but you didn't and it's 10 years past and you're still kicking yourself about it. Sometimes you have to move on and forget about it!

FTW! Lol! Although I liked the screen shots of Resurrection (though if they released it looking like that on the PS2, I'd be less than impressed. It'd be a good N64 game though.)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
Yeah, the in-game graphics weren't that good. Some of the screens looked alright. Particularly the exterior screens of the castle, but everything else looks bland in comparison. Definately lacking the flair of even CoD and LoI. Wasn't Dreamcast suposed to be stronger than the PS2? But again, were those screens even from the final build? We'll never know how exactly the final version would look like, if those screens WERE from the time of early dev.

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2007, 06:48:01 AM »
simon

j/k

i personally thought sonia was a good name so imma go with that

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »
Fred Fredburger Belmont.

She can annoy enemies to death with questions regarding the ice cream flavours.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2007, 11:27:22 AM »
Either Victoria Belmont or Emelia Belmont.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:21:45 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »
Even though IGA ISN'T God, Sonia not being in OFFICIAL continuity does stand, whether fans like it or not. You don't have to like it or accept it, but it's still company official. Anything else would be fan based, thus non-official. But, there's nothing wrong with fan-basing things.

My take:

Legends is an official Konami Castlevania game. How can a director of a select few games in a very large series, come along well over a decade after the series was first launched and say that a particular game, or games, since he has recanted more than one, isn't cannon anymore?

In the series of Castlevania gaming, those games do exist. I own them. I still play them on occasion. I can assure you they exist.

Question: Does CotM exist in Iga's 'official' timeline?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »
Quote from: Thaddeus
My take:

Legends is an official Konami Castlevania game. How can a director of a select few games in a very large series, come along well over a decade after the series was first launched and say that a particular game, or games, since he has recanted more than one, isn't cannon anymore?
Konami has given him permission to do so

In the series of Castlevania gaming, those games do exist. I own them. I still play them on occasion. I can assure you they exist.
Exactly. But for storyline purposes, they mean squat  :P

Question: Does CotM exist in Iga's 'official' timeline?
Nope. Though, as you said, you can still own it and play it on occasion. Doesn't matter if it's part of the official story or not.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »
Konami has given him permission to do so
Exactly. But for storyline purposes, they mean squat

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2007, 12:15:53 AM »
Those are good points, although I will say this -- he can proclaim those great games never happened, and he can "officially" turn Simon into a pink-haired tranny, but in terms of sheer good old fashioned Castlevania gameplay (anyone remember that?) CotM beats out DoS, AoS, HoD, and PoR. ;D

Tags: