Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: When did people start calling Simon's Theme 'dance of the holy man'  (Read 11387 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
For some reason like every other youtube video for Theme of Simon Belmont has someone saying 'isn't this supposed to be called Dance of the Holy Man??!' Plus videos of Simon's theme being labeled that way. I've no idea where this came from, because every single OST and sound test has Simon's Theme labeled as...Simon's Theme. It makes me irrationally annoyed for some reason.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: When did people start calling Simon's Theme 'dance of the holy man'
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
Sounds like a bastardization of Richter's ending theme, March of the Holy man.

Then again, there are some major retards out there.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:31 AM »

This.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »

you don't call retarded people retards...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 10:16:22 AM »
For some reason like every other youtube video for Theme of Simon Belmont has someone saying 'isn't this supposed to be called Dance of the Holy Man??!' Plus videos of Simon's theme being labeled that way. I've no idea where this came from, because every single OST and sound test has Simon's Theme labeled as...Simon's Theme. It makes me irrationally annoyed for some reason.

Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense. I think maybe, Just maybe they're trying to be clever about the new name yet end up sucking real bad at it. Simon's them IS "Simon's Theme"! Not Dance of the holy man.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »
What if on one obscure remix album or influential old website it was called that and it caught on like wildfire?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 10:45:06 AM »
I think maybe, Just maybe they're trying to be clever about the new name yet end up sucking real bad at it.

Yeah, it sounds pretty lame. I mean Successor of Fate, Lament of Innocence, and Opposing Bloodlines set the tone for the respective hero and game they star in. Dance of the Holy Man...doesn't. Which is why...

What if on one obscure remix album or influential old website it was called that and it caught on like wildfire?

...I think Charrotto is onto something here. I imagine OCRemix or the like had some bland techno remix of Simon's Theme titled as Dance of the Holy Man and ill-informed people assumed that it really was the actual title for Simon's Theme.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 10:50:52 AM »
+1
So where are the resulting dancing Simon memes? I no do good Shoop.

Question is: is it "Simon's Theme", or "Theme of Simon"? ;)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
Well, I believe that in SCV4 where the song is first used, it was called "Theme of Simon Belmont". At least it was in the US. However, in other later games that have it as an extra somewhere, it is called "Simon's Theme".
Behold my power and tremble

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
+2
Yeah, it sounds pretty lame. I mean Successor of Fate, Lament of Innocence, and Opposing Bloodlines set the tone for the respective hero and game they star in. Dance of the Holy Man...doesn't. Which is why...

its a shame that these awesome track titles are already used for songs instead of actual game titles, imagine

castlevania: successor of fate
castlevania: opposing bloodlines
castlevania: dance of illusion

that would be phat

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 12:06:27 AM »
+2
its a shame that these awesome track titles are already used for songs instead of actual game titles, imagine

castlevania: successor of fate
castlevania: opposing bloodlines
castlevania: dance of illusion

that would be phat

Well, you can take out the castlevania part, and you might get IGA's next game titles.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 12:45:26 AM »
As far as I know it was never officially acknowledged with that name, and I just refer to it as just "Simon Belmont's Theme" anyway.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »
So where are the resulting dancing Simon memes? I no do good Shoop.

Question is: is it "Simon's Theme", or "Theme of Simon"? ;)

I don't have any of the other official music compilations but looking now on the "Castlevania 20th Anniversary Premium Music Collection" disc that was a preorder bonus with Portrait of Ruin it's titled "Theme of Simon Belmont"

Well, you can take out the castlevania part, and you might get IGA's next game titles.

I would play a Castlevania clone called "Dance of Illusions" so hard. I wish someone would recommend a series where Carmilla is the villain to IGA lol. Or go back and make a game where you face "Lord Ruthven" the original slick and seductive Vampire, who is actually much closer to the modern conception of Dracula than Dracula was in Stoker's book. Or maybe something based on one of Stoker's other horror works like "The Garden of Evil" or "The Jewel of the Seven Stars".
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:05:03 PM by Ratty »

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:57 AM »

Do you like the arrangement in chronicles more than the original game? The part about retards sounds like the kind of thing a person would say that likes the arrangement better, lol. Maybe your correct about the rest of it, but who cares. Why call people names like that over a track in a video game?

This.

Big surprise coming from somebody that says he is a student of a demon. Do you think that makes you look cool or something?

What the hell is wrong with you people. If this is what people get for being mistaken about a song in a video game i hate to see what happens if your dog chews up a shoe or something.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:06:57 AM by Morning star »

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:59 AM »
Big surprise coming from somebody that says he is a student of a demon. Do you think that makes you look cool or something?
1. I'm only supporting the fact that the title sounds like Richter's theme. People being retards or not, I don't care. They just need to get their facts right. That's like people saying Blood Tears was arranged by Children of Bodom or some other industrial metal band, they never checked their sources.
2. Abaddon being a musician demon, much like Amaduscias, in DoS, and myself being a musician, I thought it was a nice reference; plus I love that boss. Tastes. :)

Tags:

anything