Poll

If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?

Sarah Belmont
0 (0%)
Elizabeth Belmont
1 (5.9%)
Lisa Belmont
0 (0%)
Other (please say)
16 (94.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?  (Read 26212 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
In Reply To #30

That's no true! I really like Castlevania Legends and Castlevania Resurrection was looking awesome and better than LoI and CoD!!

Also i like the name Sophia Belmont!  ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 08:40:49 AM »
Notice he said Iga. Neither of those were made by him. Legends was by kcen, resurrection by some americans.

Both had kind of crappy storylines, and resurrection also had awful character designs all around. Victor was probably the only one who had half decent design.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »
In Reply To #32

Oh, surely you concede Dracula's wife was loads better than anything Kojima could draw.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »
In Reply To #32

Resurrection was better from LoI and CoD because it was having more depth and open enviroment stages than LoI and CoD that they have linear stages and that's a major minus for those two. Also i believe that it could have a more intresting scenario.

LoI and CoD= Linear tunnel stages
Resurrection= Open free to explore stages

Also if resurrection was made with the same graphics engine that LoI and CoD they were made it would have been far superior from them.

Sonia might not be a canon, but still she is one of my favorite Castlevania characters.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 10:37:47 AM »
In Reply To #34

But I thought CVR was said to have just linear beat em' up action when asked about if it was going to be Symphony-esque.
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »
In Reply To #35

They said that it was going to be action, without the RPG elements from Symphony and what i meant, was that Resurrection is having more open space stages to explore and maybe you could have interaction with the enviroment, unlike LoI and CoD that you were forced to follow narrow path's like tunnel's.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »
In Reply To #36

Well, I dunno. There's not much difference from the way those screenshots look and how Sonic Adventure played, which looked open but followed a linear path.
But I'm speculating on a game that for better or for worse never saw the light of day.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
In Reply To #37

Well, the files of the game are in store somewhere at Konami. The only think is that IGA doesn't do anythink for this game or another Castlevania with a female lead character and i believe that he want do that either in the future.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 11:17:52 AM »
In Reply To #38

Maybe he can release the remains of Resurrection as an unlockable in some Chronicles game...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
In Reply To #38

Maybe he can release the remains of Resurrection as an unlockable in some Chronicles game...

Noes. Resurrection is heresy. Keep time-traveling away from Castlevania, please. And ignore that St. Germaine or however the guy's name was that was said to do time-traveling in CoD.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »
Quote from: Dark Nemesis
Resurrection was better from LoI and CoD because
Whoa whoa whoa, stop right there! Rezz was never released, so how would you or anybody know if it was better than LoI/CoD? For the very few that sampled the demo, it might've seemed alright at the time, but there have been plenty of demos that played fine but when the actual game came out they were actually garbage.

Also i believe that it could have a more intresting scenario.
It would've been on par with CoD.. Sonia+time travel+tim curry lookalike = suckage!

Also if resurrection was made with the same graphics engine that LoI and CoD they were made it would have been far superior from them.
Maybe, maybe not. I guess we'll never know!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 11:52:50 AM »
My female Belmont names:
Gennifer Belmont - said like "again" without the a. Not Gin like Jennifer. Also Aridale's moms name.

Renee Belmont

Ophelia Belmont

all I got atm.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »
Urgh, those Resurrection screens almost make me want to gag. Sonia, in particular. They could've made her look hot, but instead, she's horse-faced and almost has a unibrow. WTF? The chicks from the N64 CVs were hotter than her, and less graphically polished. That's a MAJOR "WTF?"!! And yeah, all you can do to prop Resurrections up is what you THINK it would be like, but since it WASN'T released, it cannot be compared to games that WERE released. There are OTHER games that were in developement by various companies, that for some reason, were not completed and the projects were dropped. Do you seriously think those games "count"? Unless the game is released, it doesn't count. Right now, strange to say, "Order of Shadows" counts MORE than Resurrection, because unlike Resurrection, it DID get released, even though the character design is just as crappy. The "what if"s just don't count. The "what are"s DO.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »
There was an interview with IGA when he was about to release CoD and the reporter has ask him if there was a chance to see Resurrections levels as a bonus at a future game if not the actual game and IGA has answered him that if the time allow it he might include them as bonus on a future game. What site was i don't remember, maybe it was IGN i think.

Also from the time that you have vast areas to explore on a game, that count's more for me than graphics. I don't play a game for the graphics, but for what it is.

So only time will tell.....
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 02:41:59 PM »
Resurrection= Open free to explore stages

Sure. Just give proof for that. For all we know there could be tons of invisible walls like loi/cod that'd make the game just a bunch of linear corridors with pretty backgrounds that make it look like it's "vast to explore" but in reality it's just a corridor which you can't even return to once you beat it.

And hell, those are just few shots, some of them showing corridors. Loi and cod had more areas than that which looked open and vast but in reality weren't. I bet if they only showed screens of those for the games then cancelled them you'd be hailing them as the best things ever because of the "vast, free to explore levels" as well as "story that could be better than X" or "zomg sonia is in". ::)

In short, the game was not released and cancelled early in production because it was made by american division of konami who didn't seem to know what they're doing (just look at the design for "dracula lady" thing. Even a 6 year old kid could design a better villain), so whatever you say about it being better than loi/cod because of the level design you never even saw is fantasy you try to pass as reality.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 02:54:36 PM by Serio »

Tags: