Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone Have DXC yet?  (Read 37698 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2007, 10:26:45 AM »
In Reply To #103
I don't really mind the borders around the game. It's not really that big of a deal..

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2007, 10:28:03 AM »
In Reply To #104

What original? the japanese? who cares? It fitted so freaking well.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2007, 11:49:42 AM »
What original? the japanese? who cares? It fitted so freaking well.
Fitted? The prince of darkness talking about the Bible? Fuck no. :D And yeah, I was talking about the Japanese script, which was endlessly raped by both translations. :/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2007, 01:12:41 PM »
CORRECTION! The prince of Darkness who was part of teh crusades.

Thats what Lament of Innocence said right? I get the games confused sometimes.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2007, 01:34:31 PM »
I never played Lament of Crap, and I still don't see why the incarnation of all evils should say anything related to the Bible at all. ???

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2007, 01:37:48 PM »
I don't see why not, the bible is a text. Not to mention it has some very nice quotes.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Anyone Have DXC yet?
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
I never played Lament of Crap, and I still don't see why the incarnation of all evils should say anything related to the Bible at all. ???

Perhaps, but then again why does he have a Chapel adorned with crosses and religious imagery in his Castle in the first place?
And I liked Lament of Innocence.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:37:57 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »
I don't see why not, the bible is a text. Not to mention it has some very nice quotes.
It might be nice. Still it wasn't at all in the original dialogue, so I don't see why he would ever say something like that while he's dying. Really, I don't see the point of his many quotes when the original character had NONE.

Perhaps, but then again why does he have a Chapel adorned with crosses and relgious imagery in his Castle in the first place?
Probably because it's a heretic Chapel, I guess. I mean, how could a holy place be full of monsters? :P

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »
..I never played Lament of Crap...
::)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
Apparently some of us haven't noticed that Castlevania pretty much revolves around the Church and the Christian ideas of Heaven and Hell, good vs evil....which would actually make sense that they mention the Bible...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
Dracula in Castlevania used to be religious and revered God (why else would he be a tactician for an army fighting in the CRUSADES?). I'm pretty sure he remembers quite a bit about the Bible.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »
The reason he said a quote from the Bible was to show that he still remembers his life as Mathias, despite the fact that he has forsaken God (or vise-versa). Atleast, that's the way I see it.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2007, 02:03:54 AM »
The reason he said a quote from the Bible was to show that he still remembers his life as Mathias, despite the fact that he has forsaken God (or vise-versa). Atleast, that's the way I see it.
That's what the translators thought, not him. There's a big difference there. ;)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2007, 02:55:32 AM »
Finally! :D I have the game! It took so long to get here from Canada - shipped on Oct 25th and came today - Nov 5th. The game is so amazing :-) I have already played half of Rondo before so I knew what to expect - but I am very very satisfied to have this great compilation of Castlevania games!

P.S. I almost kissed the postman when I encountered him with the game..nah,just kidding ;D But I had a huge grin from the moment I realized the game was here until I opened it and put in the PSP and began to plaaaaaaaay. I am still in heaven :)

Tags:

anything