Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music  (Read 118681 times)

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 07:46:15 PM »
'Be Careful'. One of my favorite songs as well. The whole soundtrack is made of pure win. I prefer all the redone music in OiF compared to other versions of Ys 3, but really....the old isn't bad either. Falcom Sound Team JDK are masters at what they do. Like Castlevania, the Ys series has a whole slew of amazing tunes. If I remember correctly, Yuzo Koshiro did the music for Ys 1 and 2 as well as some of the music in PoR. That gives Castlevania a small connection to Ys! :)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:22:22 PM by whitedragon_nall »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 10:06:51 PM »
What also attaches Ys III to CV is the Valanstien castle area with the clocktower! Hell yeah!!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
'Be Careful'. One of my favorite songs as well. The whole soundtrack is made of pure win. I prefer all the redone music in OiF compared to other versions of Ys 3, but really....the old isn't bad either. Falcom Sound Team JDK are masters at what they do. Like Castlevania, the Ys series has a whole slew of amazing tunes. If I remember correctly, Yuzo Koshiro did the music for Ys 1 and 2 as well as some of the music in PoR. That gives Castlevania a small connection to Ys! :)

Yuzo Koshiro also did the music for Actraiser, which is a swordsman sidescroller (and awesome town simulation God game) on the SNES, which came out around the same time as Super Castlevania IV.

If you compare CV4's "The Cave" and Actraiser's "Northwall", they also share a few similarities... but the games' gameplay and action/platform genre are even more similar.
Actraiser - Northwall - Act 1 (Tundra)
Northwall - Northwall Act 1 - Tundra - Actraiser

Super Castlevania IV - The Cave (Stage 3-1)
Super Castlevania 4 OST - The Cave

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
Wow! It almost seems like Koshiro was pre-destined to eventually work on a Castlevania title. Which reminds me, I've always wanted to play Actraiser.... Lemme check virtual console.

And there it is!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
The first stage of Actraiser, "Fillmore" has music that is very similar to "The Gears Go Awry" from PoR.  Koshiro made both tunes, and it shows.  Actraiser is known for the quality of its soundtrack, but the game itself is pretty damn awesome, as it's one of the few "Hybrid" games (it's half Action/Platform, and half Simulation/CityManagement).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »
Morrigan Aensland's stage from Tatsunoko vs Capcom, it's begging for a Castlevania/Darkstalkers crossover.

Aensland Castle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
This theme should be used when Julius Belmont enters the Keep for the final showdown in 1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R33yzF3JBhk

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 12:54:07 AM »
Tell me you couldnt picture a Dracula battle to this.

Or hell, maybe even this.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MwmwPQJHII]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:38:22 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »
It's funny you guys mention Mega Man stuff. I always thought the Final Battle themes of X5 and PoR sounded eerily similar.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 01:59:43 AM »
Whoah, check this out (main theme from a horror movie from a famous Italian director :o)

The House by the Cemetery ost main theme 1981

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 02:03:04 AM »
Very nice! Someone mentioned an Italian horror film composer who had great influential music for Castlevania.

The PS2 Rygar had a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack (with good composition to boot!) that, while not always like Castlevania's style, is nonetheless a good example of orchestra music working in the context of a game.

Rygar(PS2) OST Elysion Shrine

Also, Onimusha, while not a series I'm terribly familiar with, has some similarly haunting and sorrowful music.

Onimusha 3 OST - Let the eternal light shine on me
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:34:00 AM by Munchy »

Offline Alukard

• Adrian Celcius Tepes
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »
This. Screams. Castlevania. Throughout.
It comes from the visual novel "Umineko no Naku Koro ni"; a lot of the soundtracks in this game tie in well with Castlevania because the visual novel has its little hints of horror and mystery. Sets the tone quite nicely.

Umineko BGM - Mirage Coordinator

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Anime OST - Aka Ikutsu Nise 

I also recommend the song "happiness of marionette" from the OST, there a lot of good ones related to this franchise, way too many to post. I can't believe nobody mentioned these yet.

I'm interested in this.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »
I'm loving all this music.  A lot of it can and should be considered for use in future CV games.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »
Ok, how exactly do I post 2 videos in my post? because only 1 actually shows up as a video, the other as just the url...

Also, how bout' Imperial Garden, from Star Ocean 3's Shrine of Kaddan?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:51:36 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:21 PM »
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Anime OST - Aka Ikutsu Nise  

That could totally be some crazy epic battle against a major boss character, like Elisabeth Bartley, Carmilla, Death or even a final boss battle against Drac :)

Also, this thread needs the "Gothic Neclord" boss battle from Suikoden 2. Love the game, love the battle, love the song. Cause it has the Castlevania vibe. No wonder, Neclord's a vampire! Also, this song could easily be put into a future Castlevania game since Konami made Suikoden too. T'would be fun :D

Suikoden II OST - Gothic Neclord ~ Battle against Neclord
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:02:44 PM by shelverton. »

Tags: