Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music  (Read 117323 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2011, 11:14:26 PM »
Going back to Deathsmiles, Im surprised nobody mentioned the final boss theme, Which is really just Bach's Toccata and Fuge.

Death Smiles OST - Hell's Emperor
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »
I'll bet Kinuyo Yamashita was actually inspired a lot by classic rock and such, since it shows in her MMX3 soundtrack too.

Ugh... I like Yamashita's music, but with few exceptions I found MMX3's soundtrack to be all kinds of ear splitting. I think one of the few good songs was Gravity Beetle.

But what the hell. Every good composer is entitled to a sub par work every once in a while. Like Hitoshi Sakimoto's early work on Captain Novolin.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2011, 06:16:46 AM »
Gravity Beetle and Zero's Theme are awesome, but yeah in MMX3 she was 'encouraged' (read: almost forced) to use heavy rock and those damn awful Electric Guitar synths, which are pretty different than the more metallic/synthy sounds of MMX1 and MMX2.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
in MMX3 she was 'encouraged' (read: almost forced) to use heavy rock and those damn awful Electric Guitar synths,
DAT GRUNGE GUITAR.
(click to show/hide)

lol, anyway, I totally forgot to mention this one, but have you guys heard of Nox Arcana? they make instrumental albums, in which they tell a story through the music. Well, their Album "Transylvania" is most definitely Castlevania music.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2011, 04:59:36 PM »

Speaking of MMX music (albeit a while ago), I found the soundtrack in MMX2 to be the weakest of the SNES trilogy. It's just downright weird and unhummable with very few exceptions. MMX3 uses some awful instruments but the actual tunes were more memorable to me.

Offline Nycterida

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
The music of Vernian Process is an obvious example. After all, they did a whole "album" of cover versions to CV tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VernianProcess

Some of their original material I really like

Vernian Process - Unhallowed Metropolis (official LP Mix)

Vernian Process - The Alchemist's Vision (official LP Mix)

Offline Pedrith

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »
I'm surprised nobody mention the music from the anime called Shiki.  It has a number of tunes that would work in the Castlevania universe.

Cheers,

David

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
Speaking of MMX music (albeit a while ago), I found the soundtrack in MMX2 to be the weakest of the SNES trilogy. It's just downright weird and unhummable with very few exceptions. MMX3 uses some awful instruments but the actual tunes were more memorable to me.
I thought the same, but it has really grown on me tbh. Its much better than X3's horrible grunge guitar.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
this theme is used when Julius Belmont enters the Cursed Dungeon underneath the Catacombs, alone

Altered Beast Music - Level Theme 2

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
I'm surprised no one mentioned rosenkreuzstilette's music

specially these 3, which sounds quite CVish.
RosenkreuzStilette OST - Sepperin Stage I

RosenkreuzStilette OST - Sepperin Stage III

RosenkreuzStilette OST - Sepperin Stage IV
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:47:00 PM by Deko21 »
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:57 AM »
this theme is used when Ezra Belmont first approaches the Keep, right before he confronts Gabriel "The Dragon"

Doom 64 Soundtrack - Watch Your Step

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
this theme is used when Julius Belmont enters the Cursed Dungeon underneath the Catacombs, alone

Altered Beast Music - Level Theme 2

I love that song.  I remember good ol' Altered Beast. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2011, 08:04:04 AM »
Lol, Gothic Neclord has been mentioned three times now. I think we can agree that it's very CVlike. Also, Neclord needs to be in a future Castlevania game, complete with that track!

EDIT: Holy crap, that was a remix. It sounds even more CVlike than the original. Thanks for posting!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:06:12 AM by shelverton. »

Tags: