Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania harmony of despair coming this week !  (Read 43796 times)

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania harmony of despair coming this week !
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:25 AM »
Yeah, just start up the game then there should be an option to check for DLC (and all of it is there, though it didn't appear under the new releases section of the PSN where I found Harmony of Despair.
That explains why I didn't see them. Thanks! I'll pick 'em all up eventually.

Oh yeah, lemme know if you need a party member for online xD Can't be online all the time, but hopefully we'll manage something.
Will do. Like I said, I'm currently busy with another game, but when I'm ready to give HD more attention, I'll be sure to let ya know.

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
That explains why I didn't see them. Thanks! I'll pick 'em all up eventually.
Will do. Like I said, I'm currently busy with another game, but when I'm ready to give HD more attention, I'll be sure to let ya know.
Yeah, can't blame you either since ICO was an amazing game from what I've heard. Right now I'll be training Richter, but probably will move onto Alucard after I've maxed it out.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2011, 07:58:17 PM »
i hope they add a "pause" option as long as they're doing local multiplayer...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
Wow you really get nickel&dimed with this game.  I'm paying $15 for a game that's been out for longer than a year, and if I wanted to get all the extra content, I have to pay even more?
This game is a ripoff.

I still bought it but feel dirty about it.  Blargh...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »
^
I'm kind of feeling the same way. It might be awhile If and IF I get any of the DLC.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
Is the local co-op only two players?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
Is the local co-op only two players?

I believe it's up to 4 players
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
Still haven't gotten it. I've reconsidered the whole thing. Even though we're in a 2D dry spell, I still cant bring myself to pick up this turd.

That's pretty bad because I'm getting particularly desperate for some 2D'vania.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
Bloodrayne Betrayal is fuckin' better.
This thing... I regret getting it.

It sucks just about as much as I remember it sucking back when it came out on the X360.  I'm playing as Alucard and the gameplay just feels slow, and the enemies do some cheap-ass things (and they're way faster, especially axe armors).  I beat the first stage and it felt like a chore (nevermind that I had to do it three times since the game clock keeps on running 'cuz there's still NO PAUSE even on local 1-player mode).

If I could rewind time, I'd stop myself from getting it.  I suppose I can say I got it for Castlevania-Completeness... but I don't see myself playing this often.  Certainly not online.  Too bad.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »
I actually enjoy it. Haven't gotten to play online yet, but the single player isn't bad. It is a little slow, but I find it more difficult then I expected so that's nice. I'll be getting the DLC eventually but not right away, maybe slowly over the next few months
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2011, 10:48:57 PM »
It's up to 6 players for co-op.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 02:32:48 AM »
About the slow gameplay

you can get sonic boots from the boss in chapter 9 its a randomly drop

well the only things that i see the game suck in :

1 -characters sprite and the backgrounds are true mess

2 - the whole gameplay is depending on your luck

3 - the enemies can follow you in everywhere

4 - no start button so don't play the game if you have some disorders in the stomach because of the game will never wait for you !
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:41:10 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
I've been playing the game for two days now and it seems pretty cool to me.  The gameplay is fun arcade like and fighting the bosses together with other players is awesome .  Of course you will need to have competetant teammates in order to beat the harder chapters.  If your not into multiplayer though, then the game is not going to be worth a purchase.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
I understand the time limit thing when you're doing online co-op with 6 people...  But it really isn't good for the local gameplay --especially when you're just learning your way around.  I swear I'm fighting the clock every time I start a new chapter...

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Wow you really get nickel&dimed with this game.  I'm paying $15 for a game that's been out for longer than a year, and if I wanted to get all the extra content, I have to pay even more?
This game is a ripoff.

I still bought it but feel dirty about it.  Blargh...
Nicely done xD I sorta felt that way as well when I saw it, but I was waiting for the game for a year and anticipated it would be like this. Still bought all of the DLC anyways and Im rather happy with it. Although, if you got it already on the 360, why did you get it again for the PS3? Perhaps the PS3 d pad or just the completest fan inside you?  :P

From the other castlevania's I've played, they also felt a bit slow (in comparison to other platformers I played), but it was part of their charm and the levels were built around that. Harmony of Despair's slow I haven't really noticed as yet (then again, I do the speed run trick with the dive kicks, and only got better once I got the slide jump for Richter). Although I do have Alucard next on my list of character's to play as so I'm curious on how that will go.

Time also hasn't been much of an issue for me (Lost at chapter 2 due to being killed by the boss ^^"), Chapter 1 went rather smoothly. Although that might have been because I watched gameplay footage to hype myself up for the game's release, and since then I know where to go ^^"

I understand the time limit thing when you're doing online co-op with 6 people...  But it really isn't good for the local gameplay --especially when you're just learning your way around.  I swear I'm fighting the clock every time I start a new chapter...
Much agreed there, especially for new players. Transition into this game is easy only if you know what to expect, but for new players that time period can be harsh. Castlevania as a series itself takes adjusting to as is (I had to when I played my first Castlevania game), and that stacked with the time limit probably won't help any for attracting new players. The game still is alot of fun in my opinion, but the results will be varied.

... man my responses are getting long these days
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:51:16 AM by Kusanagi »

Tags:

anything