Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why isn't Succubus a secret character?  (Read 4930 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: December 01, 2007, 02:02:29 AM »
I just thought of something. Isn't that in various Castlevanias you can unlock and play secret characters, sometime in-game characters and sometimes absurd like Pumpkin and Axe Armor? Why can't you play as some of the cooler boss enemies? Like Succubus for example. As a character, she could use some special weapons and much more advanced spells (like Alucard, but more) for mana, steal energy from the enemies. Also she could obtain flying ability like Alucard and Soma, but without the need to turn into a bat. There are other bosses who could be great secret characters as well, what do you think?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Why isn't Succubus a secret character?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:04:20 AM »
In Reply To #1

That would be a cool idea...then again, it would leave the door open for all sorts of zany monsters to be playable, such as those flying armors, who could use special magic sword attacks and stuff. :O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

SymboliC

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 04:16:07 AM »

That's a cool idea.

i hope it gets done sometime.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »
In Reply To #1

That would be a cool idea...then again, it would leave the door open for all sorts of zany monsters to be playable, such as those flying armors, who could use special magic sword attacks and stuff. :O

Thats just giving them a better excuse for a -sisters- like mode. However seeing the a sword slash upon command of the stylus might make up for it.

Though a succubus mode would be interesting.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 08:41:06 AM »
In Reply To #1

Finallly, someone else who would really like to see a Succubus mode! I'd imagine her to play somewhat like the sisters, as in you have to float to move around, but still attack with a button and if it were on DS, you could touch the screen to use a certain subweapon, like those orbs or whatever. I also wanted her to be playable in LoI. There, she'd be similar to Joachim. Did you notice that when you fought them, they moved in almost the same way? They both float and do that thing where they float from side to side to dodge you. It would have been cool.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:01:36 AM »
In Reply To #5

you can play as skeleton in CotM.... :p

although a gameplay as shaft would rock!

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:03:06 AM »
In Reply To #6

and a werebear.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »
^ how do you unlock those modes? Cuz I've beaten the 4 modes as nathan and gotten to level 99 with a 100% castle completion and still can't play as those guys. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 12:18:34 PM »
In Reply To #8

you've already unlocked it, you just probably don't know it. They are spells, with the right DSS cards you transform into an instant death and potentially extremely powerful skeleton, or a semi mediocre werebear.
And I say that you've already unlocked it, cuz in Magician, you have all the cards.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »
In Reply To #8

Use the DSS card black dog + Pluto to become a skeleton.
to become the bear use Pluto + black dog while wearing the bear ring.You can get the ring by killing the skeleton medalist, he is in a secret room in the big hole of the begining.

Tags: