Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Who would you like to see in NECA's CV series 2?  (Read 19942 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: Who would you like to see in NECA's CV series 2?
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
But you said it was necessary for them to have action feature because they are actions figures.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »
IF they were action figures, but now I know they aren't. But then again, it isn't really necessary for them to have action features, just as longs as you can play with them, which it seems you can with these figs. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of accesories, weapons, and common enemies to whip down? If they weren't intended to be played with, then they would have just been a couple of figurines on a display stand that can't move, and don't have anyweapons or accesories, thus, they'd only be for display, not just play.

First off, I never said these aren't action figures.  It was another poster, who is obviously wrong since action figures are called action figures for having some moveable joints.  If you check wiki and type in action figures, they give a good definition of it.  As for weapons, acessories, and enemies, they are added to create a scene or different poses.  I mean, one can either pose Alucard with or without his sword or Simon with his leather or chain whip.  As for the enemies, I seen pics of someone posing the fleaman on top of simon and such.  Having weapons, acessories, and enemies doesn't necessary mean they are to be played with.

I mean some accessories and such made by Mcfarlane and NECA are very fragile and using it to roleplay a battle (for instance, using Clawful's club from the NECA MOTU line) to bash Dracula's brain in, will result in a broken club.  I am sure if one roleplays and uses the holy water accessory at the fleaman figurine, the cross would break it thrown too hard.  These speciality toys are made in a brittle plastic than toys made for kids.  I mean, you can drop a power ranger toy 7 feet off the ground and have no breakage, but if you do that to a Simon CV toy, I am sure he will shatter in pieces.

Belm0nt

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
In Reply To #43

Actually, NECA has already done a Medusa-head if you count the one that comes with Kratos from the God of War line. It looks pretty damn sweet too!

(Hmmmmm, I wonder if there is a way to have Simon hold Medusa's head instead of Kratos.......)  ;)

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »
For series 2, I'd like:

Death (LoI or)
Dracula (Classic or PoR)
Richter (DXC)
Trevor
Stella & Loretta (2-pack?)

I think if there ever was a Build-A-Figure, it would be cool to see one of Dracula's many "final forms" to be honest.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
I think if there ever was a Build-A-Figure, it would be cool to see one of Dracula's many "final forms" to be honest.

Now THAT is an excellent idea.  If NECA were to do that, which Dracula "second/final/true" form should they choose?  My vote would be for the classic blue batlike-demon form as seen in Castlevania NES, X68000/Chronicles, and Rondo/DXC.

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »
Didn't the guy who sculpts the figures say that if there's a second series, he'd want to have Dracula's demon form in there? I think the default demon form is that of CV1/RoB/SotN/DoS/DXC. It's probably one of the more widely known "forms" of 2nd Dracula. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd form from Dracula's Curse, the floating head monster.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007, 12:34:38 PM »
Though I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd form from Dracula's Curse, the floating head monster.

The third form from CVIII would be awesome too, especially if it could shoot those projectiles.
_______________________________________ ______________

Belm0nt

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 08:05:31 PM »
In Reply To #52

In the article with Neca, he was referring to Dracula's second form from the NES version. Although if they did it in figure form, I'm sure it would look closer to the Rondo creature.

Either way, that would be awesome!

Despite it's flaws, I really hope the series 1 figures are selling well. I really want a series 2..............

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 08:21:42 PM »
The second form from CV1 was basically the basis to the forms we'd see in X68000/Chronicles, RoB, SotN and DoS. The only difference is that the others basically are graphically superior versions, but you can tell how they were built upon each other. How the one from X68000 looks, it resembles the CV one(giant demonic creature with bat wings between it's arms), and acts exactly the same(the whole jumping animation). Then with RoB(which is basically the same oen seen in SotN and DoS), it acts similar as well as keeping some of the X68000's features, like the small curved horns. Those seem to be the only consistent forms that Dracula's used more than once. His Bloodlines form doesn't look like his CV3 form, nor does his CoD form look like his SCV4 form. Different looking Draculas, different looking demons, be them just "Skull-faced"(SCV4), a Charun-looking demon(CV3), a prickly crotch-mouth demon(Bloodlines), a giant demon with four angel wings(CoD), A white haired purple demon with Alien-like tendrills(CotM), and so on(so on...).

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »
In Reply To #45

I still think they look like crap. And I do recall, the last time these models made a topic, someone ... maybe 2 people said they noticed NECA quality seemed to them to be goign down hill.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2007, 11:51:25 AM »
In Reply To #55

Speaking of the different forms, I think the CoD and PoR forms look like 3D and 2D forms of each other.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2007, 12:23:55 PM »
I would like to see:

1) Maria
2) Nathan
3) Richter
4) Galamoth
5) Simon from super castlevania VI
6) Liza (Aloucard's mother)
7) Master librarian
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »
In Reply To #58
Leon
Trevor
Christopher
Juste
Richter
John
Jonathen
Julius

... I could live with just those. =)
I am Jerkofwonder.