Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mandatory E3 False Hope Thread.  (Read 15400 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: June 09, 2019, 09:09:12 AM »
I am ever the optimist.  Who is with me?  I know there is that supposed leak where everything so far has come true but a new game...  I'm hoping.  We'll probably at least here something about Grimoire of Souls, maybe netflix season 3, or last minute Bloodstained info.  At least I know Blasphemous will be there.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
Super Castlevania R on Switch? One can dream, tho i totally lost hope last year when pretty much all of the rumors went true except for the new title one, at this point i don't believe its ever gonna happen. hope (not really) to be proved wrong.

Anything else, like porting Grimoire or other collections, Im not really interested in tbh

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
Seems like Contra might be the E3 property Konami is leaning in on, despite the fact we had rumors for over a year they wish to counter Bloodstained.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »
Can't find a source right now, but it's also been a year since some Konami game was allegedly shown to reporters behind closed doors. One of thems was asked if it was Castlevania and he couldn't answer.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 08:13:58 AM »
I’m always hoping. Hoping and lurking , hiding in the bushes outside Konami’s office building.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 09:08:23 AM »
I believe that last night I saw on facebook that Konami has a conference press today at the E3. Hope it's true and relevant

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 10:43:34 AM »

We'll see...

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 12:25:51 PM »
HEADLINE: "E3 2019: Konami Is Making a 'Special Announcement' on Tuesday" http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/06/e3_2019_konami_is_making_a_special_announcement_on_tuesday

After Castlevania Anniversary Collection, I still think a new game announcement is possible. If it's going to happen, it feels like now would be the right time. If not now, then at least an announcement by the fall.

That said, other choices for this announcement could be...

-Metal Gear Solid Collection
-Castlevania Anniversary Collection 2
-Konami ReBirth Games Collection
-Pro Evolution Soccer
-New Contra
-New Metal Gear

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
HEADLINE: "E3 2019: Konami Is Making a 'Special Announcement' on Tuesday" http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/06/e3_2019_konami_is_making_a_special_announcement_on_tuesday

After Castlevania Anniversary Collection, I still think a new game announcement is possible. If it's going to happen, it feels like now would be the right time. If not now, then at least an announcement by the fall.

That said, other choices for this announcement could be...

-Metal Gear Solid Collection
-Castlevania Anniversary Collection 2
-Konami ReBirth Games Collection
-Pro Evolution Soccer
-New Contra
-New Metal Gear

I hope that would be a ReBirth collection, i think there was a rumor about the rebirth games coming to switch last year by the way?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 03:50:13 PM »
Wouldn’t a ”special announcement” have to be something rather more ”special” than just another collection of old Castlevania games (or the ReBirth games for that matter)?

Special for Konami would have to be MGS6 or a new attempt at a AAA Silent Hill game (because of the bad press Konami got from cancelling Silent Hills. It’s an opportunity for redemption). Or POSSIBLY a Castlevania game based on the Netflix series, but I’m not holding my breath.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
I'm hoping  for a new game full stop, no re release, no re makes , just a new game. its a bit much to hope for, but I'm hoping that bloodstained being so close to release  will  send Konami into some sort knee jerk reaction,
to sabotage it. and TBH id  as a CV fan i don't really care what happens to IGA or bloodstained, I just want a new CV game.
 I  mean it shouldn't be one or the other, but knowing Konami  they can be very nasty. And so doing something like this would not  shock me at all.

So fingers crossed.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 09:14:43 AM »
Sooo... it was PES 2020?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 09:55:24 AM »
It's Contra, and it looks bad.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
It's Contra, and it looks bad.

Wait, I thought the announcement was suppose to be at 5:30PDT on Twitch?  Contra got announced at the direct and PES has a stream at 12 PDT?  So is there still hope?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 10:11:05 AM »
Wait, I thought the announcement was suppose to be at 5:30PDT on Twitch?  Contra got announced at the direct and PES has a stream at 12 PDT?  So is there still hope?

Assuming these are all different announcements...hmm.

Tags: