Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Arcade at Gameopolis  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: July 20, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »
I’m not sure what Gameopolis is, but they’ve got a cabinet for Castlevania: The Arcade there. It’s weird seeing them refer to it as a vintage arcade, but man, it really has been a long time since it’s come out, hasn’t it?  There’s a nice video where they go into it in detail about it, but since it’s in Spanish, i didn’t learn too much. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hobbyconsolas.com/reportajes/probamos-castlevania-arcade-recreativa-mando-latigo-gamepolis-2019-459773%3famp

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: The Arcade at Gameopolis
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:48 PM »
The Spanish isn’t a whole lot of pertinent info

It basically says it’s a faithful reimagining of Castlevania that is done in a style like Time Crisis and House of the Dead. Instead of a gun you get a sort of wiimote to use as a whip. You also have limited action uses of items from Castlevania such as crosses, holy water. It is 2 player.

It was a game that made for 2009 in Japan but never came out elsewhere. It is also the only machine! Hence it is making rounds at various shows around the world as a bit of video game history.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:21:24 PM by Jazz Paladin Productions »
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »
Wait, only one cabinet of this game exists? I was planning on checking out the game during my stay in Japan this August.  :(

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 02:01:39 AM »
“Se trata de una máquina bastante única”

Sorry sometimes my mind is a bit too literal in translating. Taken literally this could mean it is the “only” machine.  More colloquially it would be “this is a very unique machine”. After this sentence it simply elaborates that with this being the case , this is why th machine is on tour. 

No idea myself how many were made based just on this article or the veracity of the implications of words used.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 02:23:06 AM »
Wait, only one cabinet of this game exists? I was planning on checking out the game during my stay in Japan this August.  :(

Wow, I’m going in August too, would you per chance know of a Game Center which is recognised to have this ? I ve been dying to play it since it came out and was dreaming to find it by mere luck somewhere in Tokyo
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:47:52 AM by whipsmemory »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 05:41:45 AM »
“Se trata de una máquina bastante única”

Sorry sometimes my mind is a bit too literal in translating. Taken literally this could mean it is the “only” machine.  More colloquially it would be “this is a very unique machine”. After this sentence it simply elaborates that with this being the case , this is why th machine is on tour. 

No idea myself how many were made based just on this article or the veracity of the implications of words used.

That would really never mean that it is was the only one.  Bastante unica just means very rare.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
+1

Well, according to the Arcade Museum there are at least 432 cabinets of the game in existence. So luckily, there should still be plenty around!

Wow, I’m going in August too, would you per chance know of a Game Center which is recognised to have this ? I ve been dying to play it since it came out and was dreaming to find it by mere luck somewhere in Tokyo

The best I could discover so far are two game centers which held location tests before the game came out. So there's a good possibility those game centers have it. The two game centers are: GAME Saint Tropez in Ikebukuro and Round One at Yokohama station. 

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »

The best I could discover so far are two game centers which held location tests before the game came out. So there's a good possibility those game centers have it. The two game centers are: GAME Saint Tropez in Ikebukuro and Round One at Yokohama station.
Ill try and check both, thank you!

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
That would really never mean that it is was the only one.  Bastante unica just means very rare.

I happily stand corrected. 

On a side note , looking at that cabinet ,  when the hell did Ardyn from ffxv enter the CV series!? ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 10:43:33 PM »
On a side note , looking at that cabinet ,  when the hell did Ardyn from ffxv enter the CV series!? ;)

They had something like this for Assassin's Creed Origins. Didn't really mesh well with the Egyptian theme in my opinion  :-\
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 02:46:49 PM »
It's a shame this never came to PS3 with the PS Move - this looks pretty fun.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
I can personally confirm there's a cabinet at Round One Stadium Ario Kashiwa. However, it's a bit of a pain to get there.

First of all, it's in Chiba so you have to ride the train for a while. Secondly, you have to take the bus from Kashiwa station. It's located in a mall called Seven Park. It's hidden away on the third floor called "スポッチャ". The annoying part is that you have to pay to get in (about 2500 yen) and it's also extremely busy so you have to ask a staff member at the entrance on the second floor for a ticket which shows how late you're allowed in. In my case, I had to wait 90 minutes.

You get to play as much as you want, though. I completed the game with both Vampire Hunter and Lady Gunner (Little Witch isn't available).

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 07:01:15 AM »
*wow, my first post here in YEARS. Didn't think I'd remember my password! haha*

For those of you in the midwestern U.S., there's a CV: Arcade cabinet at Galloping Ghost Arcade just outside of Chicago in La Grange, IL.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Tags:

anything