Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)  (Read 259131 times)

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Not really. The DoS/PoR engine embeds most of the vital data right inside overlays (i.e. code) so it's extremely hard to rip them unless I manually configure the ripping tool to take all the data from statically defined files+offsets. Also, I got lost while disassembling the code responsible for map tile rendering, so I could never make entire rips. SotN was much easier to deal with...

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Blog has been updated again with my progress; feel free to check it out peoples.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
You should include a link to your blog in your signature.

And so now its a PC remake? Sounds like its coming along well from what I read. Got a question or two though.

-Cyberdragon10k asked this before, but I may as well as this again, since you now have more knowledge and... not just hacking anymore. Since you're using Serio's sprites for Richter, why don't you use his SotN Dracula sprite sheet, to make it more accurate? As Cyber said... "May as well go all the way, right?" If you don't got them or know where to get them, I can link you.

-You're adding the Cursed Prison, right? Ever think of adding an extra room in there to fight a boss?

-Dracula9 remade the Skeleton Leader. Looks a little better, think you can include it?

And I'm not really gonna ask many more questions about including things. But yeah. Good work so far. ^^
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:51:28 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
You should include a link to your blog in your signature.

Brilliant idea..... done

And so now its a PC remake? Sounds like its coming along well from what I read. Got a question or two though.

-Cyberdragon10k asked this before, but I may as well as this again, since you now have more knowledge and... not just hacking anymore. Since you're using Serio's sprites for Richter, why don't you use his SotN Dracula sprite sheet, to make it more accurate? As Cyber said... "May as well go all the way, right?" If you don't got them or know where to get them, I can link you.

Nope, I like the one in SOTN as is. However, what I would be interested in is having someone do maybe a 3-4 frame animation where dracula snaps his fingers upward like he does in order of eclessia. That way I could implement his green destruction beam attack.

I will also be using the purple flame pillars from order of eclessia for the flame pillar attack now instead of stretched fireball sprites.

-You're adding the Cursed Prison, right? Ever think of adding an extra room in there to fight a boss?

At this time I have no comments to make on specifics involving new areas or bosses; but there will be some for sure. For now, I am focused on getting what already exists in the game done properly, and a big (and somewhat difficult) part of that will be duplicating the graphical effects.

-Dracula9 remade the Skeleton Leader. Looks a little better, think you can include it?

Link?

And I'm not really gonna ask many more questions about including things. But yeah. Good work so far. ^^

Thanks.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Finally, a Fangame of SotN! No more limitation.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
It's rather old. Probably a while back, as he posted it on the Anti-Chapel. You may have seen it, may not.

The sheet has all of his pieces on there, as well as his introduction.

Nope, I like the one in SOTN as is. However, what I would be interested in is having someone do maybe a 3-4 frame animation where dracula snaps his fingers upward like he does in order of eclessia. That way I could implement his green destruction beam attack.

I will also be using the purple flame pillars from order of eclessia for the flame pillar attack now instead of stretched fireball sprites.
The finger snapping thing doesn't sound like a bad idea. If I get around to it, I could probably do something like that for you. But don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:51:59 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
It's rather old. Probably a while back, as he posted it on the Anti-Chapel. You may have seen it, may not.

The sheet has all of his pieces on there, as well as his introduction.

Without the rest of his frame, I would have no use for that sheet. And I am honestly not sure if I would even want to include him in the game. :)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
The Skeleton Leader wasn't a bad idea, but IF you were to include him I'd have omeone redraw him up to the standards of the rest of SotN. Including content from the Saturn version would be a neat addition, but I'd redo everything from scratch with a bigger emphasis on quality.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Actually, the Cursed Prison wasn't half-bad the way it was. Plus, it was already rescaled to PSX quality on the Spriters Resource.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I agree about the cursed prison, but I'd expand it some. It was pretty short.
"Stuff and things."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

I always felt that it was to short and could definitely benifit from a little more "depth" so to speak.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Well, all it really was was an area to get around faster. Like a short cut. Though it'd be cool to have it as a full stage, it'd be kinda hard considering where in the castle its at. If the Underground Garden doesn't get implemented, Esco, you should put the Cursed Prison there. ^^

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
You should add these two. They look pretty cool IMO.

They might need to be rescaled and reshaded.

Also, I think you should change this thread title.

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I will only consider taking requests from people who actually ASSIST me in making this game (and no, bug testing does NOT count, lol). The only reason I say this is that now that I am using gamemaker there is a TON of stuff that just about anyone here could do to help, that requires almost no skill, but would save me a lot of time.  So there is no excuse for people to just make requests, but not be willing to offer their assistance in return. 8)

Like we say back in NY; you scratch my back, I scratch yours.  ;D

Tags: