Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite. Monster. GO!  (Read 12356 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:06 PM »
Favorite normal monster is Whip Skeleton
Favorite Boss is Gaibon
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:51 AM »
This topic belongs in classic thread i believe. My favorite would be the bloody skeleton... i love his shriek every time u chop him in half ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:42:35 AM by son_the_vampire »
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:57 AM »
I think this topic better belongs to Classic Castlevania Threads

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37:19 PM »
Favorite boss: Legion.
Favorite enemy: Malphas or Yorick.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know wtf is up with this enemy:
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Spriggan
I... just... what? O_o

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »
do fanfic creations count?

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
+1
Spriggans were depicted as grotesquely ugly, and were said to be found at old ruins and barrows ''guarding buried treasure'' and generally acting as bodyguards. Though usually small, they had the ability to swell to enormous size (they were sometimes speculated to be the ghosts of the old giants).
Certainly their disposition was poor, and they caused mischief to those who offended them. They sent storms to blight crops, and sometimes stole away mortal children, leaving their ugly changelings in their place. In one story, an old woman got the better of a band of Spriggans by turning her clothing inside-out (turning clothing supposedly being as effective as holy water or iron in repelling fairies) to gain their loot.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »
Spriggans were depicted as grotesquely ugly, and were said to be found at old ruins and barrows ''guarding buried treasure'' and generally acting as bodyguards. Though usually small, they had the ability to swell to enormous size (they were sometimes speculated to be the ghosts of the old giants).
Certainly their disposition was poor, and they caused mischief to those who offended them. They sent storms to blight crops, and sometimes stole away mortal children, leaving their ugly changelings in their place. In one story, an old woman got the better of a band of Spriggans by turning her clothing inside-out (turning clothing supposedly being as effective as holy water or iron in repelling fairies) to gain their loot.

Huh.  Cool beans.  But this leaves me with the question of... "Why do they have the design they have in Harmony of Dissonance?"

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:36 PM »
the best monster is the butcher of lords of shadows, the best boss is the fight of mirror of fate because is a hero that is the boss and save his son and that is the best part, if you love you father.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »
Huh.  Cool beans.  But this leaves me with the question of... "Why do they have the design they have in Harmony of Dissonance?"
who will understand kojima crazy designs ?. and what passes on her artist mind. this is what a artist passes to other people. doubt and guessing.

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
Because kojima is draw the pretty boys and all is anime, that why you and other peoples cant undesrtand, because castlevania must have the warriors.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 01:05:52 AM »
who will understand kojima crazy designs ?. and what passes on her artist mind. this is what a artist passes to other people. doubt and guessing.

Did she design the enemies? I'll have to check the credits some time.

You know who has some really trippy monsters is Yoshitaka Amano.  I went through some of Amano's old art and it's really... trippy.

Because kojima is draw the pretty boys and all is anime, that why you and other peoples cant undesrtand, because castlevania must have the warriors.

1. Did you seriously just suggest that Ayami Kojima's style is 'all anime'?  I hope I've misunderstood and you're just talking about Rondo/DoS/PoR, and Kojima only did some bonus/remake stuff for those games at most.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060513012102/castlevania/images/b/b1/Juliusbelmont.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227224051/castlevania/images/f/fa/Hammer.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090315022450/castlevania/images/d/de/HoD_Merchant.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227221525/castlevania/images/5/51/DracSymph.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227213020/castlevania/images/1/17/Rinaldo2.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081218195932/castlevania/images/5/52/Stgermain.png
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081027061210/castlevania/images/4/4c/Cod_offart59.jpg

3. Rather odd to me you don't approve of pretty boys kicking ass, considering Spain's history of art.  Guess you can't be feminine and be a warrior.  That's not insulting at all.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 12:56:02 AM »
+1
I think Ayami Kojima creates pretty boys, indeed.
What I don't agree is that's a bad thing.
Pretty boys dressing like ancient noble men is one of the things I like the most about the Castlevania universe, even some Lords of Shadows characters.
I wouldn't say they are pretty boys, though. Handsome men would be a more accurate term, in my opinion. And that's always beautiful.
Sometimes, in a world that refuse to show its kind side to us, beauty from an alternate reality can be to our souls the only ease...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 02:05:26 AM »
+1
I think Ayami Kojima creates pretty boys, indeed.
What I don't agree is that's a bad thing.
Pretty boys dressing like ancient noble men is one of the things I like the most about the Castlevania universe, even some Lords of Shadows characters.
I wouldn't say they are pretty boys, though. Handsome men would be a more accurate term, in my opinion. And that's always beautiful.
Sometimes, in a world that refuse to show its kind side to us, beauty from an alternate reality can be to our souls the only ease...

Thank you Pfil for such lovely words.
I believe that when Ayami Kojima created those beautiful characters, Castlevania gained more female fans. That was certain in my case.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »
Thank you Pfil for such lovely words.
I believe that when Ayami Kojima created those beautiful characters, Castlevania gained more female fans. That was certain in my case.
Thanks to you for liking them!
It was certain in my case, also. I was fascinated with SotN, then knew the rest of the saga (I still recall getting and playing all the games I could, even fan games, one after another, in just a few months), and eventually (and soon) Castlevania became the greatest thing ever to me.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »
Pfil, can I ask you to do a topic with a list of all fangames that you can recall (even those that only plays like CV or something like that)? Maybe we can turn it in a supreme fangame topic sharing our knowlodge xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything