Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586886 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
I'm playing this game now.
BTW, what's wrong with this picture? :P :P :P
(click to show/hide)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 03:19:09 PM »
What's wrong is there's an obscene amount of dust on that 3DS. ;)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »
+1
Yeah I don't clean the underside that often.  That's what a screen protector's for.
Also, stupid high-res pics show off all my dirtiness!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Half-Life 2.

The game is 8 years old yet still looks excellent, and slinging debris, sawblades, and toilets at zombies and Overwatch troops will never get old.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
+1
that looks like metroid 2 with helmless samus?

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
Lots of cool games mentioned in this thread.  Right now I'm working on Half-Life on PS2.  I really enjoyed the three HL2 games on the Orange Box, so it's good to see the roots of the series.  I'm also slowly working on Super Mario World, which I've never played all the way through.

I recently finished Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on the PS3 and Silent Hill: Downpour on X360.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »
Played more Killing Floor, Doctor Dave always looks so jaunty when he's frozen in a strafe after the team defeats the Patriarch. Got the achieve for Killing 1000 experiments, I'm still somewhat of a noob. Great game.

Since it was brought up on this board I've been considering restarting the Van Helsing PS2 game, something linear and action-y to unwind with after Phantasy Star's lengthy RPG campaign. Or maybe a good side-scroller.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:25:30 PM by Ratty »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 06:29:22 AM »
+1
that looks like metroid 2 with helmless samus?

Suitless Samus (though I kept the boots).  Just her running around just in baileys.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 07:29:31 AM »
Suitless Samus (though I kept the boots).  Just her running around just in baileys.

I thought so but didn't want to hazard a guess. I've never been able to get into the Metroid games myself. The mythology just doesn't interest me and the gameplay for the 2D titles just seems like such a step down from most of the Castlevania metroidvanias. The prime series would get my interest if I didn't have to buy a wii to finish the trilogy.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
apparently you didnt play Super Metroid. That games still the top of 2d adventure gaming. Thered be no metroidvanias without it

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »
I'm playing this game now.
BTW, what's wrong with this picture? :P :P :P
(click to show/hide)

How are you playing a GBC game on a 3DS? R4?

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
apparently you didnt play Super Metroid. That games still the top of 2d adventure gaming. Thered be no metroidvanias without it
I've tried a little of it. Symphony blows it away imo. Don't get me wrong it's obviously a good game and extremely innovative. There wouldn't have been a Symphony or other Metroid style Castlevanias without it. But it still feels like a step down/backwards and I still can't make myself interested in the world or characters. These are purely personal and subjective criticisms and I'm not surprised others enjoy the games as they are obviously of high quality.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:46:14 AM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
I've tried a little of it. Symphony blows it away imo.

noooooooooooooooooo :(

I don't get how anybody could think this way. Super Metroid is a masterpiece, a perfectly flawless game. SOTN, while great, can't compare.

Trying "a little of" the game doesn't tell much about how incredible it is. The first twenty minutes or so are an eerie setup that leads into a full-blown "holy peup this is amazing" type experience. The game just constantly keeps getting better and better as you go.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
How are you playing a GBC game on a 3DS? R4?

Metroid 2 is available on the eshop for purchase. No flashcarts needed. And its a GB game not GBC.  :P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
well I believe hes sayin thats a custom samus hack he made so itd have to be emulation of some kind.

Oh and seriously Ratty... You need to give Metroid a fair shake. Even if its none of the other games but Super

Tags: