Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I've completed my Basic Training  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: February 01, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »
I guessed you might be interested... After two months of basic training, I finally had my swearing in on Thursday, and now it's official: Private Michael is no longer a novice, but an armor fighter.
The week before my swearing in, we had this final week they use to call "war week". At some point we had a conversation with our group commander, who gave us a speech that was a mixture of truth and bullshit (based on the fact that as soldiers, we get to hear very little of the political situation), and overall, made a lot of efforts to make a single clear point: "Soldiers, the situation in our area is becoming more and more dangerous. Be prepared for the worst."
The next night, we were woken up by an alert in the middle of the night, and with all of our equipment, taken to the desert. For the next 30 hours, we hardly had any time to rest. Climbing mountains, securing positions, practicing field battle against the other platoons, road blocks, vehicle arrests, evacuation of the wounded, never lowering our defenses, it was all made to demonstrate us the situation in a war. We froze like dogs, and were falling asleep at any available moment. Overall, it was difficult and tiring, but satisfying.
And so, now I am on a short vacation, and in a week I'll begin my real qualification, as I start learning operating a Merkava mk.4 tank. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:57:46 PM by Private Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »
In Reply To #1

Good luck Freddy!! ;) Now the real army start's!
Ruler of Chaos

Platinum Armor

Re: I've completed my Basic Training
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:22:38 AM »
Great! Will you be able to shoot real bullets in your tank training?

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
Great! Will you be able to shoot real bullets in your tank training?

You mean, real shells, right? Yes, of course I'll have to do that on my advanced training. Because if you mean 5.56 mm bullets, I've already shot a shitload of those on the basic training.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »
Congrats Freddy and good luck! This is great news!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »
Congrats, Fred-sama! Hope you stay safe on your tour of duty. Make your country proud!  :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Platinum Armor

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 05:48:19 PM »
In Reply To #4

Yeah, I actually meant the shells. Obviously you should've already shot enough 5.56mm bullets to kill anything before it touches the ground.

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 11:24:19 PM »
Good job,solider!

Tags:

anything