Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: High Score thread: The Return  (Read 279281 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: High Score thread: The Return
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »
:47 for RE2, really? You'd need to be able to skip door opening sequence for that. I think it is possible on the computer but i'd have to see a vid to believe that one.
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2: 1p mode. 638,300 points.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:41:16 AM by Cypress »
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 12:15:39 AM »
Got a PC Engine CD game to add a score with. Only port of Darius 1 that I know of that uses the original arcades soundtrack in redbook audio format. Excellent port of the original arcade classic.

Super Darius (PCE CD) 901,900 Stage B, upper route- Bloodreign

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
For Darius scores: should we go along the top most route, as you been doing bloodreign, or can you take your own route. After midterms I'm going to improve my R-type III score and try for a G Darius score. (Thats not going to be easy...damn fish)

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »
Whatever route you choose is up to you, in some Darius titles the upper route usually brings with it higher scores, no restrictions on which route you decide to take though.

Edit: Update to Kiki Kaikai score, this time the MAME version (boy do I jump around on which revision to play, Taito Legends 2 or MAME heh heh) broke the 1 million mark for the first time, yet died a little further in stage 3 from ghosts that shot little pellets at you.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:58:54 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »
I played Kiki Kaikai for a few minutes...man it's random. I got over 70K on my first life...then got beaten down by the third boss. Yeah, you've got some competition coming BR!

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »
In Reply To #20

Addictive little shooter/platformer eh Ed. ;)

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »
i demand a record for me in sotn 4x minutes!

with richter 9:3x minutes!

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Steve

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 09:38:41 AM »
Contra 4 (NDS) - 303,300 Steve

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »
Score added for Contra 4.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 05:03:07 AM »
Got one for the weirdest Galaga sequel this side of Galaga 88, Gaplus. Vey tough game to break the default 50,000 point high score on, but multiple ships helped me get a perfect in the bonus round, as this time you can capture the enemy ships to help you out.

Gaplus (MAME)- 61,500 Parsec 7 Bloodreign

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »
Update on an old Arkanoid score.

Arkanoid 2 (MAME)- 154,510 Round 10 Bloodreign

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:53:12 PM by Bloodreign »

Stigma Black

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 02:31:36 AM »
Castlevania I - 0, after ticking over from 999,999

Yeah.  :-\

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 02:03:47 AM »
Time to add a score for Flying Shark's Japanese counterpart, Hishou Zame, the Japanese version is a bit harder, and just different enough to be different from the US Sky Shark, or the world revision, Flying Shark.

Hishou Zame (Flying Shark, MAME)- 180,390 area 38 Bloodreign

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 02:58:38 AM »
Just beat the famicom disk akumajou dracula with an end score of 182,705. I like how that one has a name entry screen and save feature and it says your name at the end under "and the hero Simon Belmondo" instead of just the generic "you".

Finished Hard Mode with an end score of 439,160.

Castlevania I - 0, after ticking over from 999,999

Yeah.  :-\

damn dawg, you got over a million points !?, how many times  you play through it? :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:49:11 AM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »
R-Type Delta (PSX) 260,715 Stage 4 (Using R9)

It seems that i have badluck when it comes to stage 4....that will change, soon i should be able to make it to stage 5 without dieing. (then die a horrible death....damn that level is...evil...lol) 

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Tags: