Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: General Mega Man Discussion Thread  (Read 186262 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
Well, while it certainly sounds interesting, dont know how it would work- the variable weapons system is a Buster thing. He would need a copy chip or something otherwise- and even then he cant equip armors on the fly. at most he can carry 1 armor to switch out with.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011, 05:37:09 PM »
I had an Idea for a Megaman game, sorta a borderline between MM and MMX where this Megaman could go X mode kinda like Gundam Unicorn goes destroy mode.
MM would go mmX and Protman pretty much goes Zero, never could find where the form switching would have its limits other than MM mode could slide under low areas and X mode could climb walls, the X mode would be cool to have with robot master/mavericks making the game as fun or as hard as you want it.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
You DO know Megaman/protoman, and X/Zero are completely different characters right?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »
Well these are ideas for fan projects, so anything goes. Besides, Capcom themselves could come up with something like this and it would be canon even if it contradicts earlier story elements.

And my armor idea would be a revision/rebirth deal so all the canon would be out the window anyway.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
mmm. I guess.

let me post some more random source info

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

do you guys have or know where to find translations of the Rockman Zero TELOS Drama tracks? Or should I post them here too?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 08:54:34 PM »
You DO know Megaman/protoman, and X/Zero are completely different characters right?

Yeah, I said Borderline, not the missing link everyone wants.
Its kinda a concept where X is a upgrade chip fuction rather than a new Machine, of Course Megaman would also have to be different to be able to transform into X.
Protoman/Zero Comes from the fact that thier both Red and One has a Sword and the other a Shield.

I canned it because I couldn't concept how stages and Bosses would require constant variation between MM and X mode other than Slide and wall climb.
http://youtu.be/n7PxeV2qUPc <-- how MM would become X mode reference (only diff is MM gets taller as X)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
That bit about Titanium Z alloy is interesting because IIRC Bass is made of Bassnium which is itself a Titanium alloy. Seems that Dr. Wily is also an accomplished metallurgist since his two greatest designs seem created around the use of new alloys.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »
That bit about Titanium Z alloy is interesting because IIRC Bass is made of Bassnium which is itself a Titanium alloy. Seems that Dr. Wily is also an accomplished metallurgist since his two greatest designs seem created around the use of new alloys.

Bassnium isnt an alloy, it is an energy source. Wily created it purely by accident. Im going to guess it happened when he was messing around with creating an energy source for his "rockman-like" robot.

One which *MIGHT* be a completely new radioactive element Wily created given the '-ium' in conjunction with the fact that it is an energy source, but it isnt a building material. Titanium X and Z are the material X and Zero are made of. Bass is made of whatever Rock is made of.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:45:54 AM by Flame »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2011, 06:52:03 AM »
Ah. Still interesting.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
But I repeat- should I post the RMZT translations? they are quite interesting reads/listen throughs.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »
Sure, knock yourself out.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
Please do  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
Retrospect 1 Elf Wars
Retrospect 1- Elf Wars
(click to show/hide)

RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 02- Record 1: Clockwork Apple (English subs)
Record 1- Clockwork Apple

(click to show/hide)

RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 03- Record 2: Irregular Passion (English subs)
Record 2 Irregular Passion
(click to show/hide)

RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 04- Decision: Eight Gentle Judges (English subs)
Decision- Eight Gentle Judges
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:31:40 PM by Flame »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
Diary_Alouette's Good Day [Mega Man Zero Audio Drama]
Alouette's Good Day
(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »
RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 05 - Will 1: Weil Numbers (English subs)
Will 1- Vile Numbers
(click to show/hide)

RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 06- Will 2: Light and Shadow (English subs)
Will 2- Light and Shadow
(click to show/hide)

RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 07- Will 3: Stand and Fight (English subs)
Will 3- Stand and Fight
(click to show/hide)

RTRZ TELOS Drama Tracks 08- Will 4: With Our Justice (English subs)
Will 4- With our Justice
(click to show/hide)

Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero Telos: Retrospect 2 - Dreams Never End
(not subbed, you have to follow along with the text)
Retrospect 2- Dream's Never End
(click to show/hide)

Tags: