Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: #OperationCastlevaniaRebirth (Konami, please make CV Remasters)  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
My buddy from "Castlevania Latino" is attempting to rally the Castlevania Fandom from every corner of the world to use their Social Media accounts to ask Konami to release "Rebirth" style HD remasters of their own work.

He made a Video but it's in Spanish, which I will link for those who, like me, speak it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_djSgz3x4

The gist of the video seems to be that the people over at Konami are claiming that, if people are loud enough, they will be heard.
I'm doing my part and spreading the word.

The response hashtag comes from the Zone of the Enders 2 Remaster video, where Benjamin Kinney talks about how if people speak loud enough with one voice, they will listen.
Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LxXabdKTH0
(Check around the 7:40 mark - This one is in English)

This #operation is similar to #operationmoonfall (which was for Majora's Mask) #operationhero (for Dragon Quest), and #operationrainfall (for Xenoblade Chronicles 1).

If you feel that your voice would be heard from Konami, you guys owe it to yourselves to shout out what you want from them.
Castlevania Latino will be doing their part.

They asked me to ask the Dungeon crowd, so I'm also doing my part.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:43:00 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
Re: #OperationCastlevaniaRebirth (Konami, please make CV Remasters)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 07:00:30 PM »
I am certainly all for Konami making new games, or just remakes of the old ones. That is if they do a good job of it. CV Adventure ReBirth was arguably good, but is it more likely we get a good game like that, or more likely we end up with something like the SquEnix Final Fanntasy mobile ports? Konami is huge on mobile now and I'd hate to see what they'd do the the series if their primary concern is mobile first.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »
What happened to Operation Akumajo?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 10:02:46 PM »
What happened to Operation Akumajo?

Kinda fell through considering how it was being handled. I'm sure the guy is still at it though I've not heard anything nor have I bothered to look. But because he put aside some very sound advice from the Dungeon members here about the specifics of his campaign -uzo's advice in particular- his movement wasn't nearly as successful as it could have been. He just went a bit too overboard/extreme rather then choosing the middle-ground.

I'm all for more CV games, but if konami only cares about mobile gaming then I feel it'll be a lost cause. I really want to see more console-vanias and not mobile apps.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 04:38:17 AM »
What I'd love is an official Castlevania GB Trilogy Rebirth, a man can dream!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 08:24:28 AM »
I really don't think a rebirth style game is the way to go.  I'd honestly rather see something (preferably a Metroidvania) based on the Netflix series.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 09:32:52 AM »
ReBeirth was alright but there was a lot of reused assets from other games. AoS' being the most noticeable. I also wasn't fond of how flat the cinematic segments of Dracula's castle was. A better job could have been done with these aforementioned elements. I personally think a straight-up Classicvania and/or Metroidvania would be enough for me.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

anything