Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does this guy count count as a CV vet  (Read 8312 times)

RichterB.17

Does this guy count count as a CV vet
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:41:20 PM »
Ok here is the backstory, on the Gamefaqs DXC forums there is a guy named Dash Jr. He trolls around the boards saying, basically, RoB is crap and that it doesn't live up to SoTN (which makes no sense). The man can't even pass the first level (he admit it he says it's too hard to unlock SoTN, I think it was too easy). Well on to the main topic, Dash says he has AoS, HoD, CotM, DoS, and PoR and he thinks he is a CV veteran. Now seeing that list of games is he a CV veteran I think not lol but what do you think?.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: Does this guy count count as a CV vet
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
In Reply To #1

That guy is a load of crap! What the hell was he thinking? Veteran player? No way. Even though I am yet to play Rondo, I'm sure it will not be crap. I'm getting DXC on Christmas, so I'll see then, but I'm sure it will be one of my favorites. I've heard that RoB is cake to any veteran player who's a master at the first NES one, like myself, so  I don't think he can call himself a true vet without being good at Rondo.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »
Well, there's no point in judging how many CV games you must play or which ones to be good at to consider yourself a Castlevania veteran.

But yes, I've seen this guy's posts at gamefaqs before. He is merely trolling just to get this kind of reaction out of people. Judging by the way he posts and how he states the same thing over and over i.e "rondo is stupid hard, iga sux for making this" and showing his blatlant ignorance of the games in general, it seems obvious that he has never touched a Castlevania game let alone DXC.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 06:20:30 PM »
Did he beat CotM? if he did how could he have trouble withthe FIRST LEVEL of RoB?! what a load of crap.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »
In Reply To #4

Yeah, Circle was one one of the more difficult and frustrating Metroidvania's.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »
Ok here is the backstory, on the Gamefaqs DXC forums there is a guy named Dash Jr. He trolls around the boards saying, basically, RoB is crap and that it doesn't live up to SoTN (which makes no sense). The man can't even pass the first level (he admit it he says it's too hard to unlock SoTN, I think it was too easy). Well on to the main topic, Dash says he has AoS, HoD, CotM, DoS, and PoR and he thinks he is a CV veteran. Now seeing that list of games is he a CV veteran I think not lol but what do you think?.

no way, if he was a vet RoB wouldn't be a problem. It's not nearly as hard as previous titles or the satanic X68000 game. I admit the first time I played it I died quite a bit on some of the bosses and level 7 before I figured out the correct strategies to beat the bosses/navigate the levels properly, the only stage that took me
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:05:02 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 07:14:52 PM »
In Reply To #6

Exactly, you'd have to be pretty braindead to not beat atleast the first level, and even without the axe, its still easier than CotM.

RichterB.17

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
He never said he beat it he sayed he played it I think he didn't beat any of those games

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »
This guy must be a 10 years old braindead kid who think he's better than everybody.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »
In Reply To #8

I didnt say he beat it, i only said its easier than CotM and I asked if he beat it.

RichterB.17

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »
In Reply To #10

And I gave you an answer ^_^

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 09:08:15 PM »
In Reply To #11

after i wote everything already though, sides how can he find RoB hard and not CotM, doens't make sense. RoB is pretty hard here adn there but the 1st level was easy as pie.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 09:37:33 PM »
If the guy only owns metroid-style CV games, chances are, he's not a veteran.  If he can't get past the first level of RoB, not only is he not a true CV veteran, but he also needs to play more classic games.
If he wants to be known as a veteran, he needs to play more CV games and needs to get good at them.  I'm not saying that he needs to beat each one he buys, (it took me years just to beat the first one), but looking at the games he already owns, I'd say he needs about 3 classic CV games (not Metroid-style) AND needs to finish at least some of them  before he can call himself a true veteran.
Let me just clarify, for newer members of the CV fangroup, that you don't need to be a CV veteran to be a fan of the series.  Nor is it true that a fan is a worse gamer or that a veteran is a better one.  It simply means that veterans have more experience in the CastleVania series in general than the fans do.

(Man, I keep trying to edit this to not sound like a jerk, but I keep finding something that seems concieted...)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:51:47 PM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »
Yeah that dude isn't a vet. DXC remake wasn't any at all that difficult. Tell that kid to go play Contra: Shattered Soldier if he wants to shit bricks about CV being hard. DXC is cakewalk compared to that, geeze.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 07:56:19 PM »
I lawled at that topic! Man, that kid is funny! He's like a masochist just waiting for a beating! The second he posted in there I was like, "Aww shit, here we go!"

I think Clara posted something in defense of him in there though. O_o

Tags:

anything