Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: This may sound like a odd request but...  (Read 22242 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: This may sound like a odd request but...
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2017, 07:18:58 PM »
OK. I did a little teal deer on this, cause y'all talk too much. :P

That being said, my perspective specifically on the issue of save editing is thus...
As a game developer, especially a solo indie game developer, I don't feel the need to go through the effort of encrypting my save data.
If a player has enough ingenuity to even think of editing the save files, then more power to them.
If they haven't legit played through the game? Couldn't care less.
It's their prerogative to enjoy the game however they see fit as far as I'm concerned.
If they corrupt their data and their game gets borked? Couldn't care less.
It's my prerogative to ignore them if they complain about their own choices and actions.

I haven't the time nor the desire to spend any mental energy on this sort of thing.
I have fun making games.
When I release something into the wild, I hope my users have fun with my creations.
The only things I owe them is a reasonably bug-free game they can play from beginning to end and patches to fix issues I didn't catch prior to release.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: