Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Supreme court legalizes same sex marriage nationwide  (Read 7966 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Supreme court legalizes same sex marriage nationwide
« on: June 26, 2015, 07:36:15 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/26/supreme-court-gay-marriage_n_7470036.html

Yay! What a day to be alive, Jim! and what a bad day to be a supporter in alabama when the riots start to happen
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Supreme court legalizes same sex marriage nationwide
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
Well it's in the peoples' constitutional rights to love or marry whomever they want so this decision is long overdue. In fact it shouldn't have been an issue with from the start, but stupid people will be stupid.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:09:49 AM »
Well it's in the peoples' constitutional rights to love or marry whomever they want so this decision is long overdue.

They had to stop the radio broadcast on it today because they had hundreds of people screaming: "It's about fucking time!" Everywhere. And I agree with them. 300 years is too long to wait imo.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
I was literally jumping with joy when I heard this news.
Yay! What a day to be alive, Jim!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
Fabulous~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »
Between this and the confederate flag deal, the world is either becoming a better place to live or there is going to be a major confrontation in the United States between decent human beings and everybody else...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:58:37 PM »
YES! A lot of people are celebrating. :)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 05:35:01 AM »
+1
Congrats US!
I lol'ed when I read that some people are threatening to move to Canada because of this.

Gay marriage has been legal in Canada for, what, 10 years? ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:37:45 AM by shelverton. »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 10:56:53 AM »
I lol'ed when I read that some people are threatening to move to Canada because of this.

Gay marriage has been legal in Canada for, what, 10 years? ;D ;D ;D

LOL! If they want to avoid gay couples then those people should move to Vatican city. They'll find no-such refuge up here.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 04:59:19 PM »
This is amazing news.

It should never of been left up to the states in the first place. The US is getting better!

I can think of at least one more federal law that ought to change now too, since it's not even enforced. ;-)

Better politics and better games. Times are getting good!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »
+1
Leave it to me to always have the unpopular opinion, but I don't believe the supreme court has the authority to alter the legal definition of marriage. That role should be left to Congress or to state legislatures.

I'm glad the gay community has finally achieved nationwide marriage recognition, but for me a supreme court decision wasn't the right way to do it. There's something inherently political about this decision that I'm not very happy about.

It's also worth noting how thoroughly reductionist the most popular view on gay marriage is; if it really was all about "people who love each other should get married", we'd basically be left with a non-issue. The thing is, legal marriage comes with a complicated assortment of legal benefits and constraints, and IMO adapting them to gay couples requires at least some degree of legislative thought, not a unilateral judicial decision.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline SomaCruz

• 2Spooky4Me
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »
That's definitely one step closer to gay acceptance in the United States.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »
Well it's in the peoples' constitutional rights to love or marry whomever they want so this decision is long overdue.
It is?  Where does the constitution address marriage?

My concern is that changing the definition of marriage opens up a can of worms.  If it's only about consenting adults who love each other, then why should incest between consenting adults be illegal?  Why should polygamy be illegal?

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
I don't support gay marriage or being gay in general but hopefully with this being done we can tackle something more important here. Like I said I'm not a fan of the stuff but I respect people's rights. So, I'm kinda eh with the whole thing.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »
+2
It is?  Where does the constitution address marriage?

It doesn't address that directly however it would be considered under the rights of the people.

The first ten amendments to the Constitution—the Bill of Rights—came into effect on December 15, 1791, limiting the powers of the federal government of the United States and protecting the rights of all citizens, residents and visitors in American territory.

"The Bill of Rights protects freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms, the freedom of assembly and the freedom to petition. It also prohibits unreasonable search and seizure, cruel and unusual punishment and compelled self-incrimination. Among the legal protections it affords, the Bill of Rights prohibits Congress from making any law respecting establishment of religion and prohibits the federal government from depriving any person of life, liberty or property without due process of law. In federal criminal cases it requires indictment by a grand jury for any capital offense, or infamous crime, guarantees a speedy public trial with an impartial jury in the district in which the crime occurred, and prohibits double jeopardy."

then why should incest between consenting adults be illegal?

I believe insest is illegal not so much in terms of morals but due to the fact that it is damaging to the human genome. Many royal peoples of other nations did this in the belief it would keep their royal blood strong. When in reality it caused all sorts of health problems due to the lack unique DNA with in the genome. It is the difference that makes us strong. Without a fresh infusion of DNA we would eventually die off. This almost happened to the Egyptian royal dynasty.

Why should polygamy be illegal?

If everyone in practicing polygamy was in full agreement then I don't see much of an issue with it. The problem is that it's not like that and this is due to the fact that the only ones who're doing this are those segregated religious sects. The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints, formally run by Warren Jeffs, is a good example of this. They forced women of young age (teens to be exact) and have then marry seniors who're in their 60's and over. The women do not get a choice in this and it is very disturbing as it violates their rights under the charter. There is supposed to be a segregation of church and state yet you have these nutjobs start up their own religions so they can side-step the law to some extent and do whatever they want to their followers. Religious freedom is one thing. Oppression used under the belief of religion is another thing entirely.

Tags:

anything