Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: i'm doing english subs for journey to the west1 with Dicky Cheung  (Read 3438 times)

mgfcortez

well don't know how many ppl get into Chinese stuff here.lol
but i've always been a big fan of journey to the west back when i started off a big fan of dragonballz.lol
then found out that dbz came from JTTW so i had to get into it and now like it even better.
but out of all the Chinese JTTW tv show made i say Dicky Cheung was the best monkey king.
so for years i have tried to find a Chinese to English translator to help sub this.
well i found one and i'm doing the timing^_^
Flick is the translator i'm almost done with the 1st part (we're doing it in small parts eazyer for my translator)
but heres the opening song translated on youtube if anybody wants to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs0Bq4SJqtM#GU5U2spHI_4

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: i'm doing english subs for journey to the west1 with Dicky Cheung
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »
while that one isn't too bad. I prefer the older one, and I mean the REALLY OLD one.

Dicky Cheung is cool and all too, but theres one thing that annoys me.... hes not really an actor he just goes into a role and be himself. If you watch his series/movies (if he has movies) all of his character has like the exact same character. But his character does fit the role he goes into most of the time though. (Journey to the West, Duke of Mount Deer, and another series that I don't know the name of.)

EDIT: But thanks, its been a while since I heard the intro song, I friken love it.

Oh and I can't remember if I finished this one, since it got cut off in the middle of the series. And for the life of me I can't remember if I watched the second season all the way or not. And the reason I could watch it all was because I watched it in Vietnamese.

EDIT: this is the one I'm talkign about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2ohrlowZw
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:06:07 AM by Kale »

mgfcortez

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:43:51 AM »
yeah the 86 version is closer to the story i know and alot of ppl like him better i like him but he's not my fav.
i found eng subs of the 1st part of the 86 verison thank god can't wait to see it all^_^
this guy who uploaded them has the 2nd vol of the set with eng sub i hope he'll upload them too.
heres the url if ppl want the older ones
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_45477_45.htm

but Dicky is the best IMO he's just so cool,my 2nd would have to be the guy who did the even older monkey show that has an english dub monkey magic ;D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:21:31 PM »
Cool, good luck :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

mgfcortez

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 03:47:14 AM »
In Reply To #4

thanks 8)
just got another translator in my team so its looking good ;D
this really is a cool show ppl should see it and with subs more of us usa fan of monkey king will get into it ;)

Tags: