Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Venetica  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »
I want to get that game some time now, but i have read so many bad reviews, that they have made me thinking it. Does anyone here has play it?

I don't know, for some reason, i can't trust reviews from sites, like gamespot or ign, since they were saying wonderful things for kingdoms of amalur the reckoning, so i went and get it. Very simple game play mechanics and combat system, that get's repetitive after a few hours of game play, the loot is mediocre, the story almost non existent and the frame rate in some cases, drops, slowing down the game and it has also a glitch that if you don't know about it, turns teleport ability useless for the rest of the game, making it almost impossible to finish it, since you have to travel large distances.

But even with all these flaws, still it's better than venetica, when from what i have seen on videos, venetica look's more interesting.

kingdoms of amalur the reckoning 7.5
Venetica 5.0

Yeah, i know it has better graphics, i admit that, but that's not the case, when you choose a game to play. Graphics are a factor of many to find on a game, that you want to play, but if the rest of the game is boring.......

What are your opinions guys?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »
I actually own the game. Passed on it a few times before I decided to buy it and see how it is. Graphically it seem a little over a decade and a half old. And the feel of it is very much PC even though I own it for PS3. I didn't get far enough into it to be more explanatory unfortunately. I just suddenly stopped playing it for some unknown reason. One day I'll pick it up again and continue but for now it's still sitting on my game shelf.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:14:06 AM »
Well, graphics aren't a problem for me, as long as the game play is good. Also i dislike how reviewers these date judge games.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »
I tried it for an hour and it seemed nice.
It's on my list of games to play, but I'll go with it when I have a little more time.
I think I'm going to like it.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 02:09:09 AM »
I've bought it a few days ago, play it for a few hours, not bad, but also not good as some other games, but still i'll take my time with it later, since now i'm playing Mortal Kombat, a game that i havent played for 15 years.... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything