Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So I get kicked out the gym today...  (Read 8026 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »
Maybe it was better off, because nothing good can come from going to Planet Fatness. I'm surprised they didn't sound the Lunk Alarm on you. Judgment-free zone, my ass. (Sorry, I just really hate Planet Fitness.

Any decent person would've asked if you were done by the time you came back over, at the very least. Sounds like her gym etiquette is non-existent.

Luckily I never ran into any of that shit. I used to go to 24hr Fitness at like 1 in the morning (until I bought a power rack for my basement), and the very few people who were there were usually really cool.

I know what you mean about a sense of entitlement with some women, too. I would even say it's with men and women in general, IMO. I really, really hate this third-wave feminism stuff that's popular right now, and it reminds me exactly of what you're talking about. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with old-school feminism, but this safe space hugbox stuff really irks me.

BTW, kind of off-topic, but related: do any of you guys watch Elgintensity's YouTube videos? He rips on a lot of people and organizations in the fitness industry that he thinks are full of shit or just plain horrible (Elliott Hulse, Rich Piana, CrossFit, Planet Fitness, etc.), and it's always pretty hilarious. His videos about Mike Chang are probably my favorite.

Here's the thing dude, I NEVER had any issue with PF into then and I have been going for probably over 2 years now. I also invested in my own bench and weights but I literally had no place to put them so I sold everything and started to go to a public gym.

For a person like me that tends to be somewhat of a loner, it's better for me to be around some human interaction.

Yep and you are right about not just her gym etiquette but overall shitty attitude in general, she acted like I went up to her, picked her up, and threw her off the bench. And sorry but f*ck feminism. We aren't in the old school anymore either. Just make equal treatment for both parties.

Case In Point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADjq-9Yz0pQ

This is the kind of shit that females can get away with just because they are a female.

They can lie and make a false accusation against a man with absolutely no proof and they will arrest him and put him in jail. In this case the entire incident is on video and she still was able to lie and play the victim and gain sympathy from the courts.  Oh yeah she is also suing him for a cash settlement.

If you didn't know the bus driver lost his job and pension even after being spit on and assaulted by the female first and then had to go to court and plead no contest (guilty) to the assault charge.

I never heard of Elgintensity so I have to check those vids out. I don't normally look to watch fitness stuff I just know what can work for me, but I really like CT Fletcher's videos and Tiger Fitness is pretty funny sometimes too.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:39:34 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »
Well, who knows, maybe you can find a better gym. If you've been going to the same one for 2 years it couldn't hurt to see what else is out there. Might be a blessing in disguise :)

Anyways, this thread is about getting kicked from a gym, not feminism or political stuff. Let's ease off on the politics, everyone, when a thread gets off topic in that direction, good things rarely come.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
I applaud you for standing up for yourself.  There are too many spineless wimps in this world that cower/cry/run and hide from any form of confrontation.

I would disagree. From my experience, the best way to deal with idiots is to ignore them and keep your cool. Not only this makes you the better man and keeps you away from trouble (and there could always be trouble), it is also better for your mental health. The world has so many rude assholes and bitches that you can't fight them all, and you shouldn't. Professionalism and politeness. That also protects you from lawsuits. You make it clear for the person that he is the one who is doing things wrong and not you. If that doesn't shut him up, shrug him off (or her) until he or she leaves. And once they leave, laugh about it.

As for gym etiquette, ugh, been there. There is always the case of people using a device too long and not giving others a chance. Or just sitting there doing nothing while people are waiting for their turn. Gym etiquette dictates though that you may not move someone's stuff away until that person gives you a permission. So in your case, she was the rude one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:15:45 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 11:37:50 AM »
Well, who knows, maybe you can find a better gym. If you've been going to the same one for 2 years it couldn't hurt to see what else is out there. Might be a blessing in disguise :)

Anyways, this thread is about getting kicked from a gym, not feminism or political stuff. Let's ease off on the politics, everyone, when a thread gets off topic in that direction, good things rarely come.

Well, I meant Planet Fitness as a whole, but yes I was going to a particular one for 2 years straight (never had any issues)and now I have recently moved. The PF that I went to when I moved actually was getting remodeled about the time I showed up so I was going to this particular PF (The one that the shit popped off at) for about a month now.

I am back at my" regular" PF which has gotten upgraded and remodeled so it's even better than the one I was going to. So I guess that's a cool thing.

I would disagree. From my experience, the best way to deal with idiots is to ignore them and keep your cool. Not only this makes you the better man and keeps you away from trouble (and there could always be trouble), it is also better for your mental health. The world has so many rude assholes and bitches that you can't fight them all, and you shouldn't. Professionalism and politeness. That also protects you from lawsuits. You make it clear for the person that he is the one who is doing things wrong and not you. If that doesn't shut him up, shrug him off (or her) until he or she leaves. And once they leave, laugh about it.

As for gym etiquette, ugh, been there. There is always the case of people using a device too long and not giving others a chance. Or just sitting there doing nothing while people are waiting for their turn. Gym etiquette dictates though that you may not move someone's stuff away until that person gives you a permission. So in your case, she was the rude one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA

Ha, old Boondocks, forgot about that. lol

And yes, I see that all the time in the gym. I never call anyone on it. Guess what, I just go do something else and then when that person is done pretending to workout I jump on the machine or bench. That was also part of the reason that I felt I needed to shut her down. If I have been and could do that why couldn't she especially since after the initial encounter I had only did a couple of more sets and then the bench was free.

Did she ever go back to the bench or jump on it when I left no. She was more upset that someone approached her about the situation or whatever what was going on in her mind.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:43:51 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 11:05:47 PM »
I never heard of Elgintensity so I have to check those vids out. I don't normally look to watch fitness stuff I just know what can work for me, but I really like CT Fletcher's videos and Tiger Fitness is pretty funny sometimes too.

Heh, he's got a handful of videos ripping on CT Fletcher, too.

I've seen a couple Tiger Fitness videos...they're decent. Candito Fitness HQ is probably my favorite, though...not so much for humor, but just for really good advice on the lifts. That kid is a beast.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
Speaking of gym etiquette, here is an education video that is a must view for every gym person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnNYTMExApI

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 10:15:55 AM »
UPDATE: So I found out today I have been banned from ALL of Planet Fitness! ROFLLLLLLLLLLL

I am telling you it's fate.

Guess you were right about a time for changing of the gym Gunlord.

Lucky for me I just got a YouFit membership. There is literally one a few buildings from me and it's cheaper than PF, has squat racks, and none of that PF nonsense they have.

Guess it was a blessing in disguise.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »
Good for you.  ;D

Tags:

anything