Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jorge has 10000 posts  (Read 6523 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »
A long while ago I made its Clockwork Mansion skin, a lot of it got used to make the skin here.  Should still be active.
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 05:15:38 PM »
Is it an active forum? Otherwise I might be interesting to take a look.

ICVD or Clockwork Mansion? No idea about the latter, since I hate it there, but the former is, well...you know, it has a post every few days or so.

I'm still tickled by the whole inverteddungeon.com and icvdforums.com affair. Jorge already touched on this, but allow me to reiterate: Devilotx and Darkmoon had disagreements, and decided to go their separate ways, Darkmoon taking his ICVD website with him, and Devilotx taking the ICVD board. Darkmoon attempts to set up a board for ICVD the website and the Castlevania webcomic he made (if I recall correctly), but the board wound up becoming a haven for furry fans of Mab's webcomic (this board being The Clockwork Mansion). Meanwhile, most of the other Dungeonites/ICVDers stayed at ICVDforums.com, the real ICVD board, thinking D'moon's board as total garbage.

It's sad it wound up the way it did. Not really sure how it all went down, but egos seemed to get in the way. Now, ICVD doesn't have a site: there's been a "placement" site at icvdforums.com for years. At least we still have the Photo Album, even if it's never updated. (I haven't bothered to submit new info for like eight years, and even if I did, I doubt anybody would update it.)

But yeah. For a brief history, the Castlevania Dungeon ezboard blew up sometime in 2001, my little board Freaksville was kind of the home for the regular posters for a while, until the idea to come up with The Bootleg Castlevania Dungeon came along, originally on ezboard. Then it got switched to a different board system with the name changed to The Inverted Castlevania Dungeon, and at around this point the CV Dungeon board on ForumPlanet surfaced (referred to us at the time as RSU—the Right-Side-Up Castlevania Dungeon board, a.k.a. the proper Dungeon). Only a few of us bothered to start posting here again, and Jorge and I are the only two who consistently still do, ha.

Anyhoo, then ICVD took various forms (board systems) over the years, kind of like Dracula's various monstrous alterations and incarnations, until it took its current form—though the spirit and board members have always remained the same. Well, not quite always, since many of the old schoolers have since dispersed, and new stragglers have found their ways past the gates—all of which are now considered old school regulars as well. I don't really remember when D'moon split off to do his own thing, but it feels like forever ago.

Yeah. So... Stop by ICVD sometime if you like. We can be crass at times, but for the most part that's all gone; we've mellowed out. You're not likely to see pus-filled, rotting dick pics anymore.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:20:48 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
I didn't know you & Jorge were into MMZ. But you guys played the EASY scenario?! Boooo...  =P

After a couple weeks I beat the games on their native difficulties.. and it was very satisfying. A LOT of trial & error but still hella fun. Yeah the controls are wonky but I got used to the setup. Now I'm taking on ZX, I skipped it when it was released in '06. I also recently beat the X Collection for Gamecube/Wii.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
Nah, I haven't touched the easy scenario yet. Was playing it normally, but then stopped playing. I have a tendency lately to just stop playing games after a little while. My focus is more on comic books and music right now.

ZX is really neat, but I find it gets a little confusing to navigate once you're a few hours in. That game's map system blows so hard.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:38:32 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
I just wanted to breeze through the game quickly 'cuz I had read the story back and forth online.
That, and it's got some pretty unfair spots.  :\
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
Here's to another 10k poasts, Jorgeycakes!!! *hugs* 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:44 PM »
lawlz thanks.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: