Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 218609 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
The complete plot is posted earlier in the thread, but it's inspired on the Curse of Dracula Marvel comic where Dracula uses a Magic Mirror to transport his enemies back into time.

There will be two protagonists, Jeremiah Van Helsing and Richter Belmont.  If you are comparing the game to actual Konami canon, the game for Richter's prologue takes place in the time period Richter has mysteriously disappeared before the events in SOTN. The timeframe for Jeremiah Van Helsing takes place in the future where Vladislav III Tepes has defeated the Belmonts and taken over the Earth so Van Helsing is facing the Dracula of Bram Stoker cannon with hints of the Demon Castle War. Richter of course is facing Vlad Tepes of Castlevania lore in his respective timeline.

There are the also the secondary foe's of Shaft and Carmilla respectively. Both hunter's are thrown through Magic Mirror's in their respective timelines. So you travel through different time periods with the character's collecting Shard's of the magic mirror in order to put it back together to return to your timeline and defeat the evil Count(s). At some point obviously the character will interact with one another.

You have your standard "Whip Mode" , but also a "Gun Mode" that fuses the gameplay elements from both Contra and Castlevania. There is also a Weapon Fusion Mode where you can create different whips such as the Flame or Ice Whip. The is a 1 player and 2 player simultaneous mode. I still need to figure out exactly when the character's receive their weapons for the story but I have a cool idea.

There will be a OST that will be released to the public as well.

y te queria preguntar si en este juego tienes pensado colocar a Alucard??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
and I wanted to ask if you have thought this game put Alucard??
There will be cameo's of many characters you just have to wait and see.
y como jefes de niveles que te parese esta idea ha un juego de sega llamado alien soldier, sale un jefe que tal vez pudiera encajar aqui
es este:
-------------------------------------------
and heads of levels that you think this idea sega has a game called alien soldier, you get a boss that maybe could fit here
is this:

y otra idea para un jefe es este:
---------------------------------
and another idea for a boss is this:

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

ya que se parese a este de Contra 3
--------------------------------
because this looks like Contra 3

tambien en el juego de alien soldier, aparese un jefe que se parese a Fang, no se si sirviera de algo
--------------------------------
also in the game of alien soldier, a boss that appears parese Fang, if not serve something

Also no biggie, you should condense your posts to save space on the thread. I am sure you could have just made 1 post with all your questions. Thanks for the feedback though. I will be posting a new vid soon.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:15:53 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dog Unlimited

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2014, 07:41:29 AM »
Oye amigo gracias por responder, creo que se me emocione con las ideas, jejeje
si la trama la habia leido y me encanto, es un gran trabajo. saludos.

para proximos post, lo hare en uno solo. ;D ;D ;D
------------------------------------------------------

Hey friend thanks for replying, I think I was excited with the ideas, lol
if he had read the story and I loved it, it's a great job. Greetings.

for next post, I'll do it in one. 8) 8) 8)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Oye amigo gracias por responder, creo que se me emocione con las ideas, jejeje
si la trama la habia leido y me encanto, es un gran trabajo. saludos.

para proximos post, lo hare en uno solo. ;D ;D ;D
------------------------------------------------------

Hey friend thanks for replying, I think I was excited with the ideas, lol
if he had read the story and I loved it, it's a great job. Greetings.

for next post, I'll do it in one. 8) 8) 8)

Thank you and no biggie. Be sure to check the earlier pages in the thread, lots of fun stuff in them for those who take the time to look! ;D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: April 05, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
Dungeonites, it's been like freaking forever since I posted a new vid on my thread! Sorry it took so long! I wanted to let everyone know what's been going on. Well I have been going through big changes in my life. My wife and I are finally closing on our first house so soon I will finally have a real set up that I can create art at and more fan-games that I want to work on that I have in mind! I am super stoked about that! We've been out of our own space for far too long!

Vamprotector is still far from complete but I hope to have a demo at least by Fall this year at the latest. (We still have to add Richter's part to the game. Warmachine's busy with his Castlevania Chronicle's: Dracula's Curse project.)

The transition from MMF2 to Fusion 2.5 has been a smooth process. I have plenty of other surprises for some of the other stages that I have already done in engine that I showed previews of earlier in my thread. It's all super high quality stuff so its pretty time consuming!

I hope you enjoy the new vid. I haven't added enemies yet and you want be able to use gun mode in the Prologue Stage. This is just for demo purposes. I stopped the vid short of my Vlad battle. Don't want to spoil any surprises.

Vamprotector: Stage 0 - Prologue Playthrough 4-5-2014

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #319 on: April 05, 2014, 11:53:35 PM »
Loved the intro darkmanx_429! That's how Castlevania's Dracula should have been portrayed throughout the IGA games. Who did the art by the way? Cause that was an awesome image of Vlad Tepes III! And I can tell you're still hard at work since the moon passing by the town is obscuring some of the buildings, lol!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »
You might want to update the character select screen. IIRC it was agreed upon that Richter's hometown was Aljiba, so it's safe to assume that he was born there.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »
Very nice Darkmanx_429. Must say of all the levels..your prologue might be my favorite. And yeah..the drac pics where impressive. Also really like the backrounds near the beggining..i've never seen those before..but that is a nice blend their for sure.. Very awesome work. And yeah i hear you on not spoiling that boss fight..

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
ATTN: Looking for Vamprotector Voice Actors
« Reply #322 on: April 06, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »
I am now accepting invites for Voice Actors for Vamprotector.

If you are serious and interested in providing voice acting for my game please PM me and also provide a sample of the voice that you are able to do. Just use any line from this video.

If I respond to your PM that means you are chosen. Then, I will provide you a script of the lines that you will be speaking for the game.

You must have your own recording device and materials via Audacity, Pro Tools etc. And the files must be in Wav. format, clear and in high quality to be compatible with Fusion 2.5.

These are the characters that I will need voice actors for:

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia - Bram Stoker's Gary Oldman version. Old man.

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia - Bram Stoker's young and handsome version.

Abraham Van Helsing - middle aged, sounds similar to SOTN Richter but with more gruff.

Carmilla - feminine very seductive, thing Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (an actual female preferred not an effect)

There are other characters, but these are the ones I want to concentrate on at the moment in getting the voices for.

Vamprotector: Stage 0 - Prologue Playthrough 4-5-2014
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:51:23 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »
I love the premise!  Looking good. :D

Some things, though...
I can't get over that the buildings sometimes pass 'behind' the moon', in the outside areas.
Also, during the character select screen, when the characters are grayed out, their feet aren't leveled (the feet sprite sometimes goes under by a pixel - this isn't happening when the character is highlighted, though).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:21 AM »
I love the premise!  Looking good. :D

Some things, though...
I can't get over that the buildings sometimes pass 'behind' the moon', in the outside areas.
Also, during the character select screen, when the characters are grayed out, their feet aren't leveled (the feet sprite sometimes goes under by a pixel - this isn't happening when the character is highlighted, though).

To this issue and all the other issues from the post above, try not to focus so much on the cosmetic stuff I have heard you guys and those details will be addressed.

I will updated the character select to reflect the info for Richter.

Jorge, Yep I noticed that too. Simple fix. 

Thanks for the feedback everyone hopefully, I get some people to fulfill those voice actor requests. I already started recording lines on my own but I think it would be more beneficial to have a variety of voices other than mine...

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2014, 04:31:37 AM »

Just want to give ya'll a progress report. I have started working on the Snowfield and have begun to import The Alien Fields into engine.

I also begun to work on the Snowfield's boss. He is going to be a pumped up version of the Contra Rebirth Bill. As the player damages him he reveals robot parts until he becomes a robot frame.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
Interesting screenshot  8)  But I feel that the 'pumped-up' Bill sprite could use a few more pixels to help give him more detail. It's looking kinda flat as is. His gun is definitely noticeable as being the one with the least amount of sprite detail. I'm sure you already know this but I just thought I'd give you a head's up  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
Interesting screenshot  8)  But I feel that the 'pumped-up' Bill sprite could use a few more pixels to help give him more detail. It's looking kinda flat as is. His gun is definitely noticeable as being the one with the least amount of sprite detail. I'm sure you already know this but I just thought I'd give you a head's up  ;)
Thank you X. Interesting that you noticed that.  I actually found that single sprite off another forum as unused fan art. I expanded upon that idea and made a full sheet. I could add more detail to the gun. That's a good idea.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »
The boss healthbar seems to imply that each boss will have at least two phases. Is that the case?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:25 AM »
The boss healthbar seems to imply that each boss will have at least two phases. Is that the case?

Good eye Vlad! Yep it does.

anything