Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 212291 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2011, 10:08:11 PM »
Vamprotector_2k11_Mini_Preview
Since, my buddy Warmachine made a new post about our game. I figure I'd take a break from programming some things to show you exactly how things are shaping out. **All material and assets subject to change.
I am starting to code the Prologue stage of the game. It's not complete by any means, this video is a mini preview to what's in store for the Demo that will be released to the public. The premise of the stage is basically you start the game as Probotector fighting a huge Cyber Slogra on top of a speeding jet. The lifebar and heart system work, even though not shown here. I am still working on it. Not too far from the preview art that I made a couple of post ago huh?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:11:57 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »
Looks... cool?

Honestly there isn't much to comment on. In any case... fightin slogra on a jet eh...? Sounds odd.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »
Looks... cool?

Honestly there isn't much to comment on. In any case... fightin slogra on a jet eh...? Sounds odd.
It is still early, but I mean, the custom music, custom lifebar, effects, parallex...etc there is something to comment on. I seen posts where they are just screenshots and people post and here I have a actually video. I don't know what to make of the odd comment...lol The game does play more like a Contra title than a Castlevania one, but as you progress through the game all will become clear. Even to why you start off the game as the Probotector and not our the whip-toting heroes just yet. In any case, thanks for the comment. I will slowly be posting more vids that will show the progress as I add to this vid. I just wanted to kinda chronicle the start of the design process of this particular stage, there will be more to come.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
Vamprotector Atlantis_Mini_Demo.mp4
Thanks to everyone that help me get the required sprites that I was asking for! ;D Another early preview vid of a new stage that I am working on. The first part of the stage will be the waverunner portion, the second part will consist of some platform elements similar to the Contra Waterfall Stage. Enemy placement, special effects, etc. have not been implemented yet and will be shown in a updated vid. There is a preview of another music track> Kudos, to fans that recognize the track selection. And yes, you can jump with the waverunner!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
Hey guys, its been FRIGGIN FOREVER since i've been on, been busy as HELL!!!! anyways, im working on Richter's prologue stage and need a little input...there is a section in the stage where you are in the castle, and the music track will change.  Right now, i have my own remix of Dracula's Castle from SOTN but that's pretty worn out as far as a castle tune goes, so i need your help!!  ;D what would be some songs you guys would like to hear in its place (provided you would rather hear something BESIDES Dracula's Castle for the theme)?  I was considering making a remix of Reincarnated Soul at the moment but im open to ALL ideas! thanks duders!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »
Ok guys, i got a new candidate, "Cant Wait Until Night".  Of course that is a combo of the epic "Dont Wait Until Night" and a remix of "Heart of Fire".  Both are fantastic tracks and they are a GREAT mix together.  Im gonna play around with that, but still, if you guys have any better ideas shoot em my way!!!  8)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
I think the "Dont Wait Until Night"/"Heart of Fire" is a great idea. Reincarnated Soul is great too, but for me I think the other candidate would be what I'd like to see more.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
If it's a Richter stage, why not using his theme "Divine Bloodlines"? (I'm suggesting it, though I'm not a big fan of this theme.)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!  ;D im possibly going to play with both of your suggestions, i have the drums ready for Cant Wait Till Night so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out and how it feels in game.  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »
Hey guys, just dropping in a quick update.  Its been awhile since anything was posted about some coding process so here it is; i have 3 more screens to update enemies, polish up a few more things and Richter's prologue stage will be ready to roll!!!!  but i was thinking.......which would you guys rather see; the drac x chronicles version of richter's sprite or the SOTN version? Also, im debating on making running an option or make it more like contra and just have him run by default to speed up the action some.  So what do you guys think?  Any and all feedback is welcome as always!  ;D

EDIT: sorry dudes, i would've posted this sooner but i had to stop and munch on some grindage lol, anyway, here is a side by side comparison of Richter's idle gun stance, the SOTN version vs JAP SOTN:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:36:11 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
Looks like the Saturn version of Richter in that pic along-side the PSX one. The Saturn versions isn't good cause they needlessly stretched him.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »
Yeah, didnt realize how big a difference the stretched one was till they were side by side but still wanted the input.  Thanks man  8)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
Since Warmachine made a post today, I wanted to also give you guys a headz up on how progress is going. Progress is slow at the moment. Warmachine has been working longer hours and I have been at school trying to finish up the quarter (which is at the end of this month) plus doing double duty again with the Marine Corps. Next month if everything goes will I will also be starting a 3 month internship with Sony Online Entertainment. The project has still been going well and Warmachine has even made a few new tracks to add to the OST which is damn near completely finished. I appreciate everyone's patience with the project and think everyone will enjoy the beta that will be out soon. At the end of the month I will have about a week off from school before my schedule get's hectic again so hopefully i'll be able to crank out a bunch of new stuff!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 09:02:24 PM »
Vamprotector: Cario,Eygpt mini preview

Here is another mini preview of a stage that is currently in development. Far from perfect and still in the early in development, but it's coming along nicely. I have already sprited some nasty enemies for you guys for this stage. The vid also showcases a preview of Track #44: "Abandoned Contra" which is a cross between Abandoned Castle and the ending theme from Contra Force. I am purposely doing my best not to reveal so much to everyone so no complaints about not being much in the video. Needless to say, progress is coming along. By the way, only 8 more tracks to go and the OST will be fully complete. You are talking about a whopping 54+ Tracklist of hard rock Castlevania and Contra tunes! But I will let my music bud, Warmachine talk more about that as that's his area of expertise.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:05:33 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Vamprotector Character Selection Mini Preview
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
Vamprotector Character Selection Mini Preview
Demo's is shaping up nicely. Just finished with the character selection! The remakes of those selection boxes from Bloodlines was tricky. If anyone knows the birthplace of Richter Belmont please let me know! Cudos to anyone that recognizes the BGM. The track is #16 : "Contraph" on the OST. I am a sucker for Dracula's Curse music!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:02:59 PM by darkmanx_429 »

anything