Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 212310 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »
Ok, now its my turn to FINALLY upload a vid for the game!!!! lol. This is what i have so far with Richter's prologue stage which will be playable in the demo when it is completed (which should be VERY soon ;) ) Just to clarify, this is a BETA and FAR from perfect, i just wanted you guys to see the progress so far. Trust me....im WELL aware of the bugs that are in there lmao, but feel free to comment (drop me some love fellas! lol) i hope you folks enjoy it!

Vamprotector Richter Prologue beta demo.mp4

on a side note, uzo, i hooked up "Cant Wait Until Night" for the castle theme, your choice won out duder!  ;D

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:07:23 PM by BMC_War Machine »
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
Awesome! That remix is great!

So, it seems like you cant take damage yet. Also, can you shoot in any direction except forward, or in air?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »
Awesome! That remix is great!

So, it seems like you cant take damage yet. Also, can you shoot in any direction except forward, or in air?
Thanks dude! lol sure, you can take damage, but that is one of the bugs i gotta fix.  The knock back as it is now sends you flying across the screen! lol. As for the shooting, i just didnt implement it in this vid yet.  Reason being is i already have that worked out in another file that i was working on before and its BEYOND messy so i just havent cleaned it up and added it yet, but when the demo is released you absolutely WILL be able to shoot in 8 directions  8)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
Just letting you guys know, this thread is made of pure win. Keep it up :)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 04:44:23 PM »
;D LMFAO!!!! Thanks for the comment dude lol.  With words like that it's hard to keep it from being just that, along with keeping us hungry to raise the bar even higher as we go!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:23 PM »
Ha! That brings a tear to our eyes!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2011, 10:39:44 PM »
It's funny how many many bullets do not do as much damage as three VampireKiller lashes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2011, 10:43:33 PM »
It's funny how many many bullets do not do as much damage as three VampireKiller lashes.
The true esscence of Castlevania! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 03:22:32 AM »
Great work guys!!!! That jump roll that Richter makes, it reminds me Samus from Metroid!!! Keep up  the great work!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:04 AM »
Great work guys!!!! That jump roll that Richter makes, it reminds me Samus from Metroid!!! Keep up  the great work!!! ;)
Thanks dude,we appreciate the hell outta that! lol that was to mimic the somersault the guys do in the contra games lol.  And Jorge, lol on the bullets right? believe it or not i intentionally made them that way.  We have a lot of ideas when it comes to the weaponry.  We plan on making weapon damage vary depending on the enemy type, like the Castlevania enemies will take more damage from the Vampire Killer whereas the Contra enemies will take more damage from the guns.  this will add a touch of difficulty to the game also when you have swarms of both enemy types headed your way and you have to determine which route of weapons you wanna go lol.  Also, we even plan on making certain boss types only take damage when attacked on specific portion of the body with either the whip or gun.  Thanks again guys for the support, and we will keep you updated as we make more progress!  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »
My only question is...how the hell did Richter get a hold of a plasma rifle in 1796?!? Did he step through a Rift or something?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
My only question is...how the hell did Richter get a hold of a plasma rifle in 1796?!? Did he step through a Rift or something?
Exactly dude! Lol I'm at work now and they have an Internet filter so I'll give u the scoop on the story when I get home later. I think u guys will really dig the plot!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2011, 01:34:27 PM »
Ok guys, here's a little break down of the plot...Remember when Richter disappears unexpectedly 4 yrs after Rondo?Well, Shaft is back to no good and is able to create a false castle to lure Richter into a trap.  Once its sprung, Richter gets cast into an enchanted mirror.  Once trapped, Dracula shatters the mirror, thus leaving him no threat and capable of ruling the world.  On the flip side, the mirror is actually a portal and Richter is sent 1,000 yrs into the future.  Now, in this time, since the last Belmont of the line was taken out of the picture, Dracula has left the world in ruins.  That's where the guns and such come in, and how the Contra gets involved.  One by one you will be jumping between the past and present, gathering the shattered pieces of the mirror to make it a whole again and return to your time.  The worst of the worst of Drac's and Red Falcon's minions hold the shards, and once a new shard is collected, you will be sent to another era in time.  Im gonna leave the rest of the story till the game comes out, but in a nutshell thats the plot  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
Ooooh! This sounds fun  :) I wanna play it  :'(
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
Ooooh! This sounds fun  :) I wanna play it  :'(
Lol thanks dude, yeah I really hope everyone digs it as much as we have. We really are putting heart and soul into it. We are shooting for making this one as good as you would expect from going out and buying a new legit CV title :)

anything