Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214882 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2012, 07:11:32 PM »
I guess I should apologize too, since I forgot that posting from Opera Mini doesn't give me the cellphone icon.
No biggie, we are all friends here.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »
Now that I've actually managed to view the first one, I'd say it's coming along pretty nicely, barring sound quality issues. Some tracks sound a bit muffled, while others sound buzzy.
Oh, and some of the titles are a bit Engrish-y (particularly Legendary than Hell and Boss to Lose). :-X
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:52:14 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
How many FPS does this game runs? It needs to be at least 30FPS locked, because right now, from the videos, it's slow as fuck.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »
As has been since the beginning, the OST is really hardcore. It's my favorite part of the project, and I like hearing more.

However, you cannot possibly think your thread can compete with the information leak of TWO new Castlevania titles, can you?

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
Actually I like this project and I want to play it cause it has a great potential. I don't give a damn about the new castlevania titles because I feel like they are going to suck for some reason (maybe because of the last one). I like 3d castlevania, seriously, but I can't like it as much as the 2d ones.
Talking about your game, I'm not that much of a soundtrack guy, but your ost is awesome. The level design imo is pretty nice too. Some of the things you might want to take a look are the speed for the character frames being like his real speed. It might be a problem only in the video but it's nice to take a deep look on that. Well  for me that's it :3 It's a really nice project and you should finish it. One thing I see here a lot is people saying more bad things than good ones. But I don't see them with original projects nor with almost finished ones.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
Hey here's some feedback for darkmanx429 on your ghost ship level. That thing looks really awesome dude. Let me get into detail as too why. For one thing the background water makes it tottaly storm like which you'd see in a cv type game. Really harsh wether during a storm. Thumbs up big time their. Also teh decortations of the inside part of the ship are very well detailed. Boxes, crates, canisters, you know things you'd expect to see in a ship. Very well organized too i might add. I really do like the health bar. What a crazy effect on teh healthbar. I'm suprised konami didnt' think of that first. That is inovative genius right there. THe ships colors look good, very wood like, and believable. Plus objects are behind and infront of the player so  it give the ghost ship good depth. Nicely done! As for teh guy behind the door, or what appears to be, it looks cool but i dont' know what he's supposed to be doing. "Please let me in i'm drowning" lol. But yeah it appears adding some enemies that fit the area would be next in line. I"d assume flying ghost, maybe dead pirates, or some type of dhurons or something. I could even imagine some giant squid as a boss in that level. How often do you see that in a vania game. Well done on the level. I'd give it a 9 on that out of 10. It is clear and evident whoever built that level, you or warmachine put alot of time and effort into it. Definetly something people needs to see more of, hardwork+dedication=awesome!!!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »
How many FPS does this game runs? It needs to be at least 30FPS locked, because right now, from the videos, it's slow as fuck.
Camtasia could be affecting things.
Now that I've actually managed to view the first one, I'd say it's coming along pretty nicely, barring sound quality issues. Some tracks sound a bit muffled, while others sound buzzy.
Oh, and some of the titles are a bit Engrish-y (particularly Legendary than Hell and Boss to Lose). :-X
Yeah, Warmachine changed and upgraded equipment a few times during the making of the OST so, some tracks do sound better than others due to them being produced super early at the beginning of the project. We are in the process of re-doing every track when we finalize the few remaining tracks of the game.
As has been since the beginning, the OST is really hardcore. It's my favorite part of the project, and I like hearing more.

However, you cannot possibly think your thread can compete with the information leak of TWO new Castlevania titles, can you?
Ha, I am watching those titles as well bro. I don't know about competition as far as my game goes, but I have tried to evolve things in my game that could very well be used in a legit CV title. I haven't even showcased the whip + item + combo thing yet..
Actually I like this project and I want to play it cause it has a great potential. I don't give a damn about the new castlevania titles because I feel like they are going to suck for some reason (maybe because of the last one). I like 3d castlevania, seriously, but I can't like it as much as the 2d ones.
Talking about your game, I'm not that much of a soundtrack guy, but your ost is awesome. The level design imo is pretty nice too. Some of the things you might want to take a look are the speed for the character frames being like his real speed. It might be a problem only in the video but it's nice to take a deep look on that. Well  for me that's it :3 It's a really nice project and you should finish it. One thing I see here a lot is people saying more bad things than good ones. But I don't see them with original projects nor with almost finished ones.
Nice to see you back Curse. I am really hyped about your project as well! I hope you get back to it sooner than later! ;D
Hey here's some feedback for darkmanx429 on your ghost ship level. That thing looks really awesome dude. Let me get into detail as too why. For one thing the background water makes it tottaly storm like which you'd see in a cv type game. Really harsh wether during a storm. Thumbs up big time their. Also teh decortations of the inside part of the ship are very well detailed. Boxes, crates, canisters, you know things you'd expect to see in a ship. Very well organized too i might add. I really do like the health bar. What a crazy effect on teh healthbar. I'm suprised konami didnt' think of that first. That is inovative genius right there. THe ships colors look good, very wood like, and believable. Plus objects are behind and infront of the player so  it give the ghost ship good depth. Nicely done! As for teh guy behind the door, or what appears to be, it looks cool but i dont' know what he's supposed to be doing. "Please let me in i'm drowning" lol. But yeah it appears adding some enemies that fit the area would be next in line. I"d assume flying ghost, maybe dead pirates, or some type of dhurons or something. I could even imagine some giant squid as a boss in that level. How often do you see that in a vania game. Well done on the level. I'd give it a 9 on that out of 10. It is clear and evident whoever built that level, you or warmachine put alot of time and effort into it. Definetly something people needs to see more of, hardwork+dedication=awesome!!!
Thanks for the detailed feedback. One thing I need to add to that particular stage, is the swaying of the ship up and down. I don't think we ever mentioned it, but Warmachine is doing all of Richter's stages and story and I am doing all of Van Helsing's stages and story. That way we have two completely gameplay experiences for the player!

Thanks for everyone that is providing feedback, all that is being taken into consideration. As for the OST remember that was just a preview vid of 15 tracks. We have 47 completely done. Sorry, if I was a little pushy in recent post about my game, it's just that I really feed off the fanbase and the forums to keep me motivated with the project. I also like the exchange of ideas between people, I want the project to be the best it can be and I can't do that without feedback from you guys!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:30:18 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »
To be honest I never thought about a ''futuristic castlevania" It sounds rather insane. But it can be insanely fun too. If not taken seriously... I'm really open minded and I think it's a really nice idea and you guys deserve some fans because of your creativity. It takes a lot to go to the future.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »
To be honest I never thought about a ''futuristic castlevania" It sounds rather insane. But it can be insanely fun too. If not taken seriously... I'm really open minded and I think it's a really nice idea and you guys deserve some fans because of your creativity. It takes a lot to go to the future.
Well think of it this way, gameplay wise it plays more to Contra than Castlevania. Storywise, it is more akin to Castlevania. Being that the gameplay is more Contra, I can take more liberties on stage design and enemy types. And the game is not set necessarily into the future just to respective timelines. Richter's is set in 1976 in Wallachia so it covers the timeframe when he is missing from SOTN. Van Helsing's timeline is somewhat in the future where Bram Stoker's version Vlad has taken over the world and the Belmont's have been defeated for centuries. (I am kinda perplexed on an actual year for Jeremiah Van Helsing if anyone wants to provide ideas and know Bram Stoker's Dracula.)  To give some backstory, he is the son of Abraham Van Helsing once thought to of died but in reality taken, hidden by the church, and trained to fight evil. Due to the defeat of the Belmont clan in this timeline, the Vampire Killer has been handed over to the Van Helsing's for safe keeping, however they cannont harnass the true potential of the whip. They are just the strongest successors to safeguard it.  To counteract that the actual whip that Van Helsing uses is a mechanical chain whip made from his own design. Both characters are thrown through magic mirrors; Richter by Shaft/Dracula and Helsing by Carmilla/Vlad. So basically both heroes travel through different era's (past and present) defeating bosses and collecting shards of their respective mirrors in order to return to their era's to defeat the Count. You don't start with the guns either in the game they are given to you later, that's just for demo purposes.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
Wait, if both of them are in different timelines how the heck are we supposed to have a plausible two-player mode where the two join up? Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:02:47 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
I don't think you actually need a SOLID story for two player mode. But if they are both time travelers they can travel to the same era I guess...

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »
Wait, if both of them are in different timelines how the heck are we supposed to have a plausible two-player mode where the two join up? Am I missing something here?
It's not shown yet, but you will only be able to jump in for a 2nd player when you choose 2 player mode. In the demo 1 player mode is shown only.
I don't think you actually need a SOLID story for two player mode. But if they are both time travelers they can travel to the same era I guess...
And yes, I accounted for that. While the pieces of mirror are in shards, the travelers don't have control over where they land until their mirrors are completely put together. They will meet up eventually for the final battle's storywise.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:42 PM »
Ha, I am watching those titles as well bro. I don't know about competition as far as my game goes, but I have tried to evolve things in my game that could very well be used in a legit CV title. I haven't even showcased the whip + item + combo thing yet..

What I meant was; You were seemingly in shock that no one replied to your update with the videos. But, two Castlevania titles had been 'announced' at the same time. I don't understand how you expected to compete with that news for people's attention on the forum.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2012, 12:45:13 PM »
What I meant was; You were seemingly in shock that no one replied to your update with the videos. But, two Castlevania titles had been 'announced' at the same time. I don't understand how you expected to compete with that news for people's attention on the forum.
Well, it's not really news. They really haven't shown anything at all regarding those titles. Also, I don't think it's a matter of competition between a fan-game or an legit Konami release. When I go online to look for CV info then I do just that, when I look for info on certain fan-games then that is what I am legitimately looking for..I think it was a legit response.

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
Well, let's be real... Everybody thinks that LoS II will suck(castlevania speaking, not 3d adventure speaking)

anything