Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214852 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2014, 12:29:32 AM »
Now that is lookin' really good! Koodoes to Warmachine for helping to beautify this game. While this might not be on anyones' mind but my own, I think some extra frames of movement could really help drive this puppy home. For instance; when the character is climbing up the wall he still look like he's climbing even though he's not holding onto any wall. But once he clears the wall then he hops onto the surface. Like with the Grant sprite there could definitely be room for a vertical-to-horizontal transition here. It would help polish it up more.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »
The muzzle fire VFX looks a bit too over the top, to be honest. Also, I don't think the shells would be that big.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »
The muzzle fire VFX looks a bit too over the top, to be honest. Also, I don't think the shells would be that big.

I noticed this too. But who knows? He could be using 20mm rounds  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
Nice, but he needs smoother animation.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »
I noticed this too. But who knows? He could be using 20mm rounds  ;D

This.

The game is purposely over the top.

Remember, it's more of a Contra game then a Castlevania title. However, it has a lot of elements from Castlevania in it.

Proportionally we could have tried smaller rounds but that would be unrealistic considering the scope of the type of enemies especially the bosses you will be encountering. I don't think 9mm rounds will drop them! lol

Nice, but he needs smoother animation.

I think it just needs some additional transitional animation frames as suggested in previous post. The game runs at a smooth 60fps!

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2014, 12:56:05 PM »
This is looking pretty good. Out of curiosity, how many characters are you planning on having?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2014, 06:24:54 PM »
This is looking pretty good. Out of curiosity, how many characters are you planning on having?

Richter Belmont and Jeremiah Van Helsing respectively.

There are plenty of youtube videos you can look up too, as well as earlier pages of this thread! Good stuff in them!

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »
Richter Belmont and Jeremiah Van Helsing respectively.

There are plenty of youtube videos you can look up too, as well as earlier pages of this thread! Good stuff in them!

I just saw a few videos just now. It's looking really cool. Looking forward to seeing it done. :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »
I just saw a few videos just now. It's looking really cool. Looking forward to seeing it done. :)

Thanks man. I am working hard to delivering a quality game!

I think the most that I am hyped about is the 2 player simultaneous action, it kinda saddens me it hasn't been incorporated into any major CV titles. I'm not such a fan of the watered down Harmony of Despair. Portrait of Ruin would of been a nice 2 player title or even Bloodlines.

Oh well, I guess that is another reason why I am pushing the Contra type gameplay!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
Portrait of Ruin is 2p over wifi.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
Portrait of Ruin is 2p over wifi.

Good point, I don't think so many people tried playing 2 player over wifi. Everyone I know just played it normally single player style.

Vamprotector: Helsing Prologue: Stage 0 (Extended Scene)
Vamprotector: Prologue Stage 0 (Extended Scene)

This vid is for my friends over at Clickteam.

As you guys seen in the updated DEBUG vid everything is much smoother now and being updated as we speak!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »
Hey fellas!

It's been a minute since i've visited and posted, so i figured this was good a place as any.  I've been helping Darkman with the coding, fine tuning and adding the polish where needed and fixed the wall climb (as you guys saw a few posts back), i needed a break from my other project, but i'll not touch on that here, you know where to find the info on that one  ;) Anyways, it's been a couple of years since i've remastered an older track that i did for Vamprotector when we were both working heavy on it, in the meantime my recording and mastering have gotten better tenfold, so with that i wanted to get Darkman's Prologue stage track remastered for him.  I still need to add the solo, my main amp crapped out RIGHT AFTER i got everything ready for the solo...go figure.  But tomorrow i'll be getting a new amp in the mail so if not tomorrow sometime over this weekend i'll update it with the leads.  Anyways, here's the track  8)

Bloody Juncture (mix of Bloody Tears and Jungle Juncture from  Super C)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvzoe5h92t23bc3/Bloody%20Juncture%20%20REMASTERED%207-2-14.mp3

Make sure to leave some feedback fellas!  As soon as my other project is completed, i'll be 100% committed to Vamprotector again, so you guys are sure to be in for some real treats along the way!  With this track, i tried adding some techno to the Contra portion, just to bring the track up to speed with how Contra is done now, trust me when i say it blends great with metal and a symphony/orchestra  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
Soounds nice! Altho a little cluttered. You might wnat to remove 1 of the guitars, and some of the percussion.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TGE8XMXPPs&list=UUg_HoQlKG_1DMhX1dufepOg

I am going to incorporate the falling ceiling trap from Super C throughout this stage. I am still Designing the look for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMe3xhWv5w&list=UUg_HoQlKG_1DMhX1dufepOg

Still need to add collisions, more stage sound effects, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONFKbIMQVqw&list=UUg_HoQlKG_1DMhX1dufepOg

Super early preview of the next stage that I am working on.

The character issues have already been addressed by Warmachine and will be shown in a future video. I am currently using a outdated version of the character. All the stages are obviously getting extra coat of gloss these are just base versions In Engine.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »
Snowfield 1-2: SnowBase
Vamprotector: SnowBase (Snowfield 1-2)
The Alien FIelds 1-1 (Extended Play)
Vamprotector: The Alien Fields 1-1 (Extended Play)

Started adding Snowfield in engine so there will be another new video soon.

Also going back and implementing some more subtle animations and traps to my earlier stages.

Just for those that are keeping track I have the Prologue stage and 4 stages in engine as of right now. Each area has about 2-3 blocks within each level. I think I am going to add 2 more for a total of 6 and then add a couple of hidden levels to play through. Then will begin the arduous task of correcting the character issues as well as balancing out the weapon/item fusion systems.

Thanks for everyone that has contributed in helping me get this far!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:18:47 PM by darkmanx_429 »