Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 593628 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
+1
@Pfil, what's your PSN? Multiplayer on The Last of Us rocks!
As far as I know I can't play online, since my PS3 is a jailbreak one.
I have a few original games, but I mostly play downloaded games.
I'm not sure, but I've been told that if they spot my console online it will brick, like with X360.

That game looks pretty fun. But Bayonetta is still at the top of the fetish-fule fighters I want to get when I eventually pick up a PS3. A list that consists of *checks* 2 games. Welp, I've got to have SOMETHING other than Sly Cooper to play to justify the eventual purchase to myself :I

PS- Been playing some of the Killing Floor summer event.
Just what comes out of my mind right now, I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I reccomend you Eternal Sonata, Folklore, Nier Gestalt, Star Ocean 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Bayonetta, CV HD, Knights Contract, Skullgirls, Wizardry, Tales of Graces F, Ni No Kuni, Time and Eternity, Bioshock Infinite, Arkham Asylum, Rune Factory... Most of them are RPG's, and a couple of them I still have to play them, but there's plenty of great games on the PS3.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
+1
Superfrog. One of the best platform games for Amiga, along with Lion Heart!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2013, 09:48:11 AM »
+1
Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The first Sonic game I ever owned. I had it on the PC, since I didn't have a Genesis. I'm playing on the Wii Virtual Console. You can open the Sonic & Knuckles game, and link it to another Sonic game by pressing - on the controller. I've never beaten the game before though, so that's my goal for today.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
+1
Nintendo eShop - EarthBound Launch Trailer

Picked up EarthBound for Wii-U! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
+1
Oh yeah Jorge, I saw that in the new Nintendo Direct! As soon as I get a WiiU (and that will be soon), I'm getting it.

But yeah, so I finally beat Sonic 3! Knuckles got what he deserved for being a douche the whole game, but the ending just didn't seem to do the game justice. THEN, the game segwayed into Sonic & Knuckles...  :o Blew my mind. I had no idea it worked like that. I just thought attaching the Sonic & Knuckles cart to Sonic 3 added Knuckles as playable, and changed certain songs. Pretty sweet! Now I can save my game in Sonic & Knuckles! That's a pretty kickass reward.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2013, 12:19:48 PM »
+1
Yeah Sonic 3 & Knuckles was an interesting way to add new content, etc.  Pretty cool.

I'm playing it with all of my 10 speakers so I can jam to the music.
I'm also playing it in 3D using my SmartTV's 3d-digitizing technology.  TRIPPY AMAZING TECHNICOLOR BATTLEFIELDS IN 3D!
The SNES emulation is so crisp on Wii-U!  I can see all the pretty pixels with just a touch of smoothing.  Makes EarthBound look nice and cartoony. :D

I've also made a nice playlist of EarthBound arrangements 'cuz this game is great like that:
Opening Credits - EarthBound
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:03 PM »
+1
The lack of shin megami tensei iv with the fire emblem awakening deal is very,very, disturbing

Thanks to that I have a bunch of new games to play.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: July 26, 2013, 12:46:30 AM »
+1
Bioshock 2. Backtracking is sometimes kind of a pain with some of the splicers respawning, but the first one may have done this too...it's been so long that I can't remember. Although a sequel seemed kind of pointless, I'm having fun with the game.

I'm trying to figure out which PC game I'm going to play next. Maybe the first Fallout, or the Witcher II.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
+1
As I mentioned in this thread http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6367.msg140079.html#msg140079 I just finished Ghost in the Shell for the PS1. Short but sweet, what a ride. Has to be one of the best action games on the system. Now I'm wondering what to play next. I'm thinking I'll go back and finish one of the games I've started but for various reasons didn't finish. (Like I did with GITS, though I'd barely played it before.) Either "Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened" or "Valkyrie Profile".

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #594 on: July 31, 2013, 02:58:25 AM »
+1
I've been building up my gaming library a lot in the past few months (you've no idea... >_>) so my backlog is obscenely large at this point, but right now I'm focusing on Tales of Vesperia (JP PS3 version).

Also put a decent chunk of time into Darksiders.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »
+1
Just finished Crisis Core, and now (re)playing Final Fantasy VII

::casts protective barrier around self::

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #596 on: July 31, 2013, 03:24:19 PM »
+1
FF7?!!!
Why in hell would you...

(click to show/hide)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #597 on: July 31, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
+3
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: August 01, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »
+1
FF VII is the only one that i haven't replayed, not even once. Now i'm playing Mystical Chronicles for the psp, i recommended it for everyone that he is fan of classic/Jrpg games.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #599 on: August 01, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »
The thing that I don't really understand is when some say FFVII's story is nonsensical shit, but at the same time give FFVIII's story a free pass despite all the main characters growing up in an orphanage together, and the main villain raising them, but none of them remembering ANY of it or each other. How does that make more sense than FFVII's plot? Also the magic, aka Junction System. It was so out there and way more bizarre than the Materia system.

But alas, to each their own! I'm not here to debate o.o;

Tags:

anything