Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586937 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1215 on: July 10, 2016, 12:44:53 AM »
Playing Metal Gear Acid right now. Not familiar with card-based stuff like this, but it's not too bad. Picked this up back when I was a Metal Gear fanboy, and haven't given it a serious go until today.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1216 on: July 15, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »
Finally beat Gal Gunvolt (I'm PSV version, it seems that it's called Mighty Gunvolt for 3DS and other platforms, but who cares). No pain, no glad, nor any delight emotion at the moment when I beat the last guy who casts mirror attack*.
I won't stop my way to my next target for a hunter of non-stop kickass fluent amazing beat-crap action classic best remix ultra pro HD ultimate edition blablabla ... but the result seems to disappoint me for a long time... Reminds me even stuck in PS1 Castlevania Chronicles/Rosenkreuzstilette 'till the end of life is a better choice sometimes

(*Pretty much the similar reaction after clearing Mighty No.9

Eternal Fighter Zero is a good thing though I don't care much about the backstory of girls. The only thing not satisfied me is they don't like to talk much during battle, 'cauze voice being not "so" implemented (in newer versions)...But anyone can mod voice, palette, music, etc. I love the functions

And how Sayuri can grab and send opponent toward walls (aka God-Press/Gigantic Pressure). Good.
Hard to say "Sayurispin" is better than "Rugalspin" since it's a hidden super (like MAX2) but to think one can drill an opponent to jam... It always feel kickass and satisfying
I don't get it: why Rugal never use his drill in KOF2002 (and further titles)...........!!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:53:52 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1217 on: July 15, 2016, 11:44:59 PM »
Back to Asphalt 7. sigh... still waiting for Pokemon Go.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1218 on: July 16, 2016, 02:20:54 AM »
How about no gaming because career is fucking my life like a topless bartender doing extras on weekends to pay college tuition fees and make ends meet.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1219 on: July 18, 2016, 02:27:20 AM »
Playing BioShock Infinite, finally. I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to the first one in terms of overall quality, but it's just as good so far. The combat is kind of flat, but it would be kind of dumb to expect top-tier combat from a BioShock game, I guess. Great story and atmosphere.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1220 on: July 22, 2016, 09:42:41 AM »
Got my hands on Song of the Deep. I haven't gotten very far yet, but so far I like what Ive seen. Some of the puzzles have been bothering me though as they are not without time crunches--the bane of my existence!.. the game features both finding items, then upgrading them at Hermit Crab vendors. The underwater environments have a very quiet atmospheric melody about them. I can't exactly explain it but for those who've played the underwater area in Alice Madness Returns it is very similar to that.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1221 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-games/star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-ps4-game

Anyone played this? I'm thinking about getting it, not that I will necessarily have time to play it ;)

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1222 on: July 23, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »
Anyone played this? I'm thinking about getting it, not that I will necessarily have time to play it ;)

Ive seen this game around but never bought it. I might someday if I feel like it. Even though I own the first 2 games for PSP I've not finished them yet.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1223 on: July 29, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »
Just played through Valis on the Genesis. Really not much more than a distraction for an hour or so. Not outright bad by any means, but not really great, either.  :-\

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1224 on: July 29, 2016, 04:10:34 AM »
Eternal Fighter Zero.
Got some Character/Background color issue on my laptop and there's currently no way to help about it because the game was old,  T T  (Maybe hardware change is needed; My laptop sucks in some cases like that)

The control scheme is amazingly well for an independent maker's work; There're still core fans of the game in other region, maybe in Asian countries because it features some of the famous Visual Arts/Key game characters

Also there's a sweet, sweet Sayuri in the game. T T
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:49:43 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1225 on: July 29, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »
Just a ton of Vindictus lately. Wanna get to level 90 ASAP +cry

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1226 on: July 30, 2016, 02:52:01 AM »
Just played through Valis on the Genesis. Really not much more than a distraction for an hour or so. Not outright bad by any means, but not really great, either.  :-\
Valis 3 on the Genesis is really good, but you might be better off playing the PCE CD versions of 1,3, and 4 (2 was the first released for the PCE CD, and was not very good, poor game has no good versions it seems). 3 and especially 4 though, are amazing on the PC Engine, 1 is pretty nice too. 3 has three playable characters like the Genesis version, and 4, unlike Super Valis IV on SNES, has 3 selectable characters as well, just no Yuuko as she is now a goddess in the series.

As for myself, KoF, recently picked up the PS2 Japanese Orochi Hen complete (95-97, will go good with my Wii Orochi Saga), and a disc only 02 Unlimited Match regular version ($20 disc, full circle from a $20 Raiden Project PS1 I got years ago).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:53:49 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1227 on: July 30, 2016, 11:48:58 AM »
I fired up my PS4 copy of Shovel Knight and was surprised to see that after finishing the game, I was treated to playing the game again as Plague Knight. But OH-MY-GOD is it hard! Hard as F**K! The Levels are still the same however Plague Knight' control scheme is much different then that of Shovel Knight. And that is where the majority of the difficulty lies. The jumping is where I had the most trouble. Especially in areas that require you to leap across great chasms or tricky spots. There is a way to do it but it takes a bit of practice. But I tell ya, I was cursing and cussing almost through the entire game. I had to stop at Mole knight's lair before I could get any more riled up  >:(

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1228 on: July 30, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »
I fired up my PS4 copy of Shovel Knight and was surprised to see that after finishing the game, I was treated to playing the game again as Plague Knight. But OH-MY-GOD is it hard! Hard as F**K! The Levels are still the same however Plague Knight' control scheme is much different then that of Shovel Knight. And that is where the majority of the difficulty lies. The jumping is where I had the most trouble. Especially in areas that require you to leap across great chasms or tricky spots. There is a way to do it but it takes a bit of practice. But I tell ya, I was cursing and cussing almost through the entire game. I had to stop at Mole knight's lair before I could get any more riled up  >:(

It's really good and has that Megamanesque quality of learning via repetition as pitfall deaths are your worst enemy.

I haven't completed plague knight's game, his jumping mechanic seems a bit awkward to me tbh.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1229 on: July 31, 2016, 12:18:32 AM »
Just started Saints Row 3. I like it so far...my first game of the series. I like the level of absurdity that this has, and I've just barely gotten into it. And holy hell, the metal radio station absolutely kills! Some good songs I've never heard before.

Tags: