Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586589 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1260 on: September 12, 2016, 09:52:04 AM »
I've been giving Star Trek Online a try on my PS4. The free-to-play version is quite loaded for an MMO. I was able to make a character the way I wanted and a uniform to boot. So far the game is fun although I had to find certain things out the hard way as there was no explanations I could find. The starship customization also has much to offer including purchasing a Constitution class...my fave  :D  I still have yet to get my hands on one however I'm still passing the time with the ship you start out with; the Maranda class. The ships themselves have variant parts to mix and match your taste so that's a plus as well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1261 on: September 13, 2016, 01:17:05 AM »
I've gone back to Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to check out some more games and eventually get the platinum trophy for the hell of it. I really like Fatal Labyrinth...that one was a nice surprise for me. It's supposed to be a roguelike dungeon crawler (although I think it just gives you floors in a random order and doesn't actually procedurally generate them), and it's really primitive, but not in a bad way. It's pretty fun.

This would be a good time for me to check out the Phantasy Star games on there, as well...
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1262 on: September 17, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »
This would be a good time for me to check out the Phantasy Star games on there, as well...

Don't have the Ultimate Genesis Collection.  However, I do have some Genesis games from Steam.  I have some of the Phantasy Star games, so I guess I'll have to get to them eventually.  That, and I'll have to get to the Shining series too.

Speaking of RPGs, been playing some Ys games recently.  I've beaten Ys1 and Ys2 and they're pretty fun.  Playing through YsVI and it's a very fun and enjoyable game despite some of its flaws.  It feels like a nice blend between the fast paced bump system in Ys1 and 2 and the more typical attack button style that other ARPGs have.  I quite like it.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1263 on: September 17, 2016, 07:05:17 PM »
I just bought a xperia play for like 40$ strictly for emulation. No phone use. So Ive been getting it setup and playing stuff like CV2 Redaction... Friends of Mineral Valley... Gargoyles Quest... gotta test the system lol

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1264 on: September 17, 2016, 11:19:13 PM »
Just recently I picked up a PS4 copy of the Bioshock collection. It's got all the DLC as well as sharper resolution for the earlier games. I've yet to finish the first one, but that should be fairly soon. Then I can give the second game a try since I've yet to play it. I've already completed Bioshock infinite a while ago so no rush for that entry.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1265 on: September 18, 2016, 01:48:10 AM »
I've gone back to Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to check out some more games and eventually get the platinum trophy for the hell of it. I really like Fatal Labyrinth...that one was a nice surprise for me. It's supposed to be a roguelike dungeon crawler (although I think it just gives you floors in a random order and doesn't actually procedurally generate them), and it's really primitive, but not in a bad way. It's pretty fun.

I have that collection, and due to not having a second pad to play 2 player Sonic 2, and kill the first boss, I can't unlock the original SMS Phantasy Star. :(

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1266 on: September 18, 2016, 07:16:48 AM »
Started Kid Icarus Uprising today. So far seems interesting, some of what happens on screen as once gets a bit nuts but I'm glad the 3ds seems to handle it well.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
« Reply #1267 on: September 18, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »
I have that collection, and due to not having a second pad to play 2 player Sonic 2, and kill the first boss, I can't unlock the original SMS Phantasy Star. :(

Ouch :/  That sucks.  Why couldn't they just be more lenient and have it so you just have to beat it in Sonic and Tails mode (the default mode) regardless of one or two players, or better yet just forgo that and have you either beat the (ridiculously easy) first boss or, if they want to make people actually earn it, beat the game.

I guess there's always just emulating Phantasy Star since, well, that's a bs way of unlocking.

For some reason, reminds me of a time where I unlocked Ristar in Sonic Mega Collection, only to buy it on Steam because save states and I don't have enough time to go through the whole game in one sitting.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1268 on: September 19, 2016, 03:11:28 AM »
Now I just beat Sonic Spinball. And now I never have to play Sonic Spinball ever again in my life. Yay!
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1269 on: September 19, 2016, 06:36:36 AM »
Now I just beat Sonic Spinball. And now I never have to play Sonic Spinball ever again in my life. Yay!

It's a pretty hard game
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
« Reply #1270 on: September 19, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »
It's a pretty hard game

Somehow, during the time I spent trying to beat Spinball, I grew a liking to it somehow.  Doesn't mean it's that great of a game, but I find it fun in its own spinball way.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1271 on: September 20, 2016, 12:50:16 AM »
It had the opposite effect for me...I just hated it more as it went on. It had some good ideas for the boards, but just executed poorly. I thought the physics felt wonky, too, but I guess it's kind of a lost cause to expect realistic physics in a game like this. Although it was nice to be able to control Sonic in midair somewhat.

It does kind of make me want to play Pinbot on that pinball collection they sell on PSN, though. That one is awesome.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
« Reply #1272 on: September 20, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »
It had the opposite effect for me...I just hated it more as it went on. It had some good ideas for the boards, but just executed poorly. I thought the physics felt wonky, too, but I guess it's kind of a lost cause to expect realistic physics in a game like this. Although it was nice to be able to control Sonic in midair somewhat.

It does kind of make me want to play Pinbot on that pinball collection they sell on PSN, though. That one is awesome.

I admit it's not for everyone.  You love it or you hate it.  Even then, I think the game would've benefited from better balancing and physics more accurate to the mainline Sonic games (and better framerate).  What's really strange is that the game was developed in Sega Technical Institute, where Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were made (albeit, the main games were developed by the Japanese team residing in the California located STI, where as Sonic Spinball was being developed by the American team residing in STI).  Maybe cultural and corporate barriers were preventing the other teams from exchanging and reusing code?  Maybe they just didn't think it through?  I dunno.  I just ranted about Sonic Spinball, so that's a thing.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1273 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »

Good Job! That game is f**king hard! Me and my bro only made it to the second spinball stage and then that was it. The physics are off when compared to other sonic game. But they probably did that intentionally so as to slow down sonic so you could actually see what you're doing and where you want him to go. But Sonic just felt so damned heavy it made playing the game difficult.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1274 on: September 20, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »
Just to add, I hate Mean Bean Machine.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: