Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848735 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1470 on: May 29, 2012, 09:10:34 PM »
Even I have to admit that I am very pleased with this new design of Trevor and believe that MS did a great job in updating and redesigning him.

I really do love this new look for Trevor and a commend them for it.

Although I must admit that I'm not as thrilled about Simon's new look.

Don't get me wrong, It looks badass and great, but I just think they could have did a better job thats all.

Its still a great redesign for him though and it will probably grow on me.

I actually enjoyed reading a lot of what was in that article.

The exploration of a huge 2.5D castle really does intrigue me and It sounds like a great idea on paper, hopefully MS can pull this off.

And on a side note, I just love how they took a small jab at Ayami's style by pointing out there is no "pretty boys" in this one lol.

Funny thing about that statement is that I would label this Trevor as a "pretty boy" in the looks department.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1471 on: May 29, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
I cant wait to see some gameplay of this, it looks pretty badass from screenshots shown, Trevor and Simon, so CV1/3 combined together? I dunno im stoaked more then ever, finally I have a real use to use my 3DS
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1472 on: May 29, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »
+1
Funny thing about that statement is that I would label this Trevor as a "pretty boy" in the looks department.
Oh Yes God knows he's in.
But what did you expect? It's Trevor - I'm-so-hot-that-I-married-an-heretic-witch-in-a-single-night- Belmont

Everything comes full circle

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1473 on: May 29, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
Mark my words.

Trevor = Alucard.

Yeap. That's practically a given. I'll be more surprised if he doesn't somehow turn out that way. And the article says Gabriel didn't know about Trevor, so it's pretty safe to assume that he may even have been born before the events of LoS.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #1474 on: May 29, 2012, 09:20:01 PM »
Nggggg... dat Trevor...

Oh, man... Simon always seems to get the short end of the stick as far as design goes. XD

Also, I hope to goodness that this continuity's Trevor isn't Trevor+Alucard.  That would be... no, just no.  I don't even want to think about it.

And on a side note, I just love how they took a small jab at Ayami's style by pointing out there is no "pretty boys" in this one lol.

My thoughts exactly. XD

Geez, they are really irreverent when it comes to their older games, aren't they?  It's rather pathetic.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #1475 on: May 29, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »

When did Cox confirm? Not doubting you. Just wondering.

He said it in some of his tweets and interviews I believe.

It was also said in the official ingame concept art and mentioned once again in this new article.

And someone brought up the possibility of this Trevor becoming Alucard.....and to be honest, I think it may be a possibility given Trevors look and apparel that seems to be akin to Alucard's.

Also the whole "mirror of fate" thing and "changing fate" seems to imply that Trevor may be fated to become Alucard somehow.

Just look at this clothes and hair.

Just turn the green to black and his hair to white and you basically got Alucard.

Not sure how I would feel about that really, if done right it could be a interesting twist, but if done wrong it will just feel stupid and wrong.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1476 on: May 29, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
IMO the green on Trev looks a bit too vibrant and tacky, but that's just me.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1477 on: May 29, 2012, 09:21:51 PM »
Mark my words.

Trevor = Alucard.

Could be good or bad depending on how it's pulled off. At first I was like  :( but I could see how it would work. The whole mirror time travel. However, is Simon not Trevor's son? Wouldn't that mean they are all half vampires?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1478 on: May 29, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
Could be good or bad depending on how it's pulled off. At first I was like  :( but I could see how it would work. The whole mirror time travel. However, is Simon not Trevor's son? Wouldn't that mean they are all half vampires?
Ehm, no? Trevor is not a vampire, and Simon is centuries later than Trevor. That's what I got from the artice O.o

I think Alucard is what the article refers as "The Lost Soul" and the final twist will be: Ha-ha, you havve been me ALL THIS TIME"

:P

Everything comes full circle

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #1479 on: May 29, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »

I'm guessing that Trevor was concieved and perhaps born prior to Gabriel becoming a vampire.

Either way, I dislike the idea of them taking Trevor Belmont and then slapping Alucard all over him.  Sigh...

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1480 on: May 29, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
It looks good. It was a good reading, even though it was Cox. Hopefully it'll be a good game. I'm looking forward 31 May.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #1481 on: May 29, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
Ehm, no? Trevor is not a vampire, and Simon is centuries later than Trevor. That's what I got from the artice O.o

I think Alucard is what the article refers as "The Lost Soul" and the final twist will be: Ha-ha, you havve been me ALL THIS TIME"

:P

Yea the whole Simon is Trevor son thing seems to be false now since they keep calling him a "descendant" of Trevor's and not his son.

Also it would appear that Gabriel had Trevor BEFORE his tranformation to the darkside which would make Trevor still a human.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1482 on: May 29, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »
I wonder who the voice actors will be this time?

Edit maybe some people are overthinking the alucard belmont aspect maybe Gab may have just had a kid like old universe drac.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:33:57 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1483 on: May 29, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »
I wonder who the voice actors will be this time?

I liked the PS2 VA for Trevor Belmont but I'd be surprised if they used him again. Steve Staley.  That was his name.

I didn't play Judgment.  How was Gideon Emery?  And who did Simon in that game?

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1484 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
Yea the whole Simon is Trevor son thing seems to be false now since they keep calling him a "descendant" of Trevor's and not his son.

Also it would appear that Gabriel had Trevor BEFORE his tranformation to the darkside which would make Trevor still a human.

Yeah that's kind of the way I interpreted it also.

Tags: .....?