Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849026 times)

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1485 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:53 PM »
Ehm, no? Trevor is not a vampire, and Simon is centuries later than Trevor. That's what I got from the artice O.o

I think Alucard is what the article refers as "The Lost Soul" and the final twist will be: Ha-ha, you havve been me ALL THIS TIME"

:P

Yeah you're right it is centuries later. I also agree about the lost soul part. First thing I thought when I read it.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1486 on: May 29, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
Trevor was born before the events of LOS, so I dont see him becoming Alucard. Besides were also missing the big picture here:

Gabriel had a son he didn't know about, which means Gabriel was probably fooling around behind Marie's back.

Or after he killed her. :o

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1487 on: May 29, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
Trevor was born before the events of LOS, so I dont see him becoming Alucard. Besides were also missing the big picture here:

Gabriel had a son he didn't know about, which means Gabriel was probably fooling around behind Marie's back.

Maybe he was injured, put into a comatose stasis for an undisclosed period of time, and a couple of clones were made of him..

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1488 on: May 29, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »

Some girl had to comfort him right.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1489 on: May 29, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Im actually growing on the LoS reboot, now that Trevor and Simon are confirmed, one can assume this will be the first battle with Dracula in this continuity, unless they pull a dick move and make death the final boss, LoI >.> i'd rather face Drac at the final of the game, and see how well he's done, I want game now >.<

also about the unknown son, what deeds did Zobek force Gabe to perform while under his influence? he had no memories of his actions
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1490 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »
Remember that Gabriel was not with Marie when he killed her, it was similar to Mathias in that when he went to see her after returning she was dead (she was not, he killed her but that's what he thought) so Trevor was born when he was out in battle and marie, well, didn't have time to tell him (perhaps)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:41:53 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1491 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
Hopefully, Gabula won't just throw fireballs at us. Some shit like the metroidvania titles battles (except SoTN) would be better.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1492 on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
Awesome! I'm so excited. Thanks a lot, soma555, for posting the images. And it's good to hear that Robert Carlyle is returning.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:52:59 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1493 on: May 29, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »
Remember that Gabriel was not with Marie when he killed her, it was similar to Mathias in that when he went to see her after returning she was dead (she was not, he killed her but that's what he thought) so Trevor was born when he was out in battle and marie, well, didn't have time to tell him (perhaps)

The only thing we know for sure is that Trevor is Gabe's son.

And I for one would prefer Trevor =/= Alucard, but then again Gabriel Belmont = Dracul(a). Wierder things and all that jazz.

Oh, and the way the article is written there's no telling the gender of the other two characters, but it does seem to hint that all 4 are from different times and are not necessarily in direct communication, but rather all have contact with the titular mirror.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1494 on: May 29, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
I will say it now.
I'm not digging Simon :/
Still, nice to have him back, and I hope they give them both interesting personalities  :)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1495 on: May 29, 2012, 09:57:02 PM »
The descriptions of the gameplay, stage that NP played through, and the overall layout of the game... is exactly what everyone has been clamoring for. I honestly think Mercurysteam listens to us, then finds a way to make these ideas more accessable to broader audiences as well. Seriously.
Well, it was a given that THIS game was going to be different, but the true test is if LoS2 carries on with these themes. That will be the true proof if MS listened.

I do love Trevor's design, though. He does seem a mesh of Kojima's Trevor and Alucard. Hell, I'd go on to say, he looks like he'd fit into the classic canon FLAWLESSLY based on his design(it's that good). Simon is interesting, all just leave it with that. I think the only thing I don't care for his that big face waistband/belt. Overall, he looks pretty badass too. 

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1496 on: May 29, 2012, 10:00:13 PM »
i think this is what happened:

- Gabriel and Marie conceive a child
- Gabriel gets sent on a mission that lasts, um, more than 9 months
- The Order looks at one of their prophesies and go, oh dear, this Gabriel guy is trouble.  We'd better take Marie's child and not tell Gabriel about him.  Especially, cause, he's prophesied to save us from him and stuff.  They explain everything to Marie.
- Gabriel comes home and they happily reunite.  Gabe then kills Marie while wearing the Mask (wonder if when he was possessed by the mask he knew the trouble his offspring would give him, so he decides to kill Marie to be sure that he's never troubled by it?), but she's okay with it.  The order might have even sent her on a mission to speak with the founders of the order, and she had to be dead in order to do that anyways.  Marie probably knows Gabe will be bad, but also knows that once he goes through a 1000 year "rough patch", that he'll save the day again as God's champion.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:04:04 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1497 on: May 29, 2012, 10:02:19 PM »
+1

And I for one would prefer Trevor =/= Alucard, but then again Gabriel Belmont = Dracul(a). Wierder things and all that jazz.

Hey I would LOVE for Alucard to stay as his own seperate character as well.

I honestly do not like the idea of a Belmont once again becoming something "dark" and "vampiric".

Alucard and Trevor should really stay separate if you ask me.

But as you said, given Cox's "track record" so to speak, something like Trevor becoming Alucard is definitely in the cards.

Look at the whole Belmont=Dracula thing.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1498 on: May 29, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »
^Reinhart: Yep, that's what happened in my mind too

Fun fact: They actually animated a long hair for Trevor. no ponytails, no hair in the coat, full flowing long hair :love:

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1499 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »
I will say it now.
I'm not digging Simon :/
Still, nice to have him back, and I hope they give them both interesting personalities  :)

In the article it says there personalities reflect their upbringing. Trevor is described as calm and collective much like his father. Simon on the otherhand is described as a headstrong blood knight who fights first and ask questions later.

Tags: .....?