Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848807 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1710 on: May 31, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
Is this game called Mirror of Fate or Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate?

Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1711 on: May 31, 2012, 12:34:14 PM »
Why is the lords of shadows added in?

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1712 on: May 31, 2012, 12:48:47 PM »
+1
I can see why people would think his attire was "green." At first glance it still looks like a dirty yellow to me, but those designers back then knew how to work with color theory. The right palletes of green make it look more like a dirty yellow. That was probably the intention.
Well, there's also the fact that the midtones of the outfit are closer to yellow's hue than green.

making Simon some sort of gruff shamanistic mountain man actually seems kinda interesting to me. back in the day konami gave him that "barbarian" look but it didn't really make sense given the supposed time period. i think playing off that and turning him into some belmont descendent who's gone off the grid is kinda clever.
LoSMoF DLC Rumor: The DLC chapter will be a prequel to the game where Simon Belmont goes to Japan to steal Bishamon's cuirass.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:53:45 PM by thernz »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1713 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »

Most likely because they want to distinguish the MercurySteam CV games from the other ones that way.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1714 on: May 31, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
+1

The only reason I can guess at it is because it is in the lords of shadow universe. To tell the truth the title sounds lame with los make a title badass like Devil's Castle Dracula Apocalypse: The Legend of Cornell or Castlevania: Concerto of Midnight Sun those sound badass this Los:MoF sounds boring and makes me want to fall asleep.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1715 on: May 31, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
+5
It's funny to think of where they could go if they just kept going like that. One day we could end up with a game called Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate ~ God of Doom: Mask of Faith - King of Death ~ Shimmy of Wall: Cox of Dave - Ruler of Fortune ~ Power of Awesome. Only available on Nintendo's new handheld, 4DWiiX U La Woosh Bang.

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1716 on: May 31, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
yo then it seems that they want to separate LoS from the old canon, thats kewl

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1717 on: May 31, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »
They probably wanna keep the "lords of shadow" name not only to distinguish it from the older games, but also for marketing purposes. LoS was a pretty big success for Konami and now they think that the name alone will sell games. I'm not 100% convinced though. It makes sense for the PS3/360, but on 3DS? It's a different market altogether. Many who'll play MoF probably never even have played LoS.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1718 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
The only reason I can guess at it is because it is in the lords of shadow universe. To tell the truth the title sounds lame with los make a title badass like Devil's Castle Dracula Apocalypse: The Legend of Cornell or Castlevania: Concerto of Midnight Sun those sound badass this Los:MoF sounds boring and makes me want to fall asleep.

I agree those names are badass. Anywho the LoS added in sounds a little redundant.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1719 on: May 31, 2012, 01:03:37 PM »
It's funny to think of where they could go if they just kept going like that. One day we could end up with a game called Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate ~ God of Doom: Mask of Faith - King of Death ~ Shimmy of Wall: Cox of Dave - Ruler of Fortune ~ Power of Awesome. Only available on Nintendo's new handheld, 4DWiiX U La Woosh Bang.

That one got me not going to lie that one got me  ;D
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1720 on: May 31, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »
I think they want to make something like MG:Rising imo. i mean if they make a sequel to that game they'd call it MG: Rising II : The Revenge of Bayonetta or something. That would be the best shit ever actually

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1721 on: May 31, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »

GEEENNNNIIIUSSSS

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1722 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
I agree those names are badass. Anywho the LoS added in sounds a little redundant.

Redundant is a better word than boring for describing the title.
(click to show/hide)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1723 on: May 31, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
I'll go on record saying Trevor's design is really cool to me. Perhaps because green is my favorite color, and because my own Belmont character for my game has also a green coat. Damn you MS, beating me to the punch!

For a tribute character design, MoF's Trevor is very reminiscent of the CoD design but with a good twist.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1724 on: May 31, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »
Redundant is a better word than boring for describing the title.

I'd say wordy. Not nearly along the lines of, say, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix or Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System, but I'd much rather they just call it Mirror of Fate.

Besides, it's not like there's a non-LoS Castlevania being made at the moment right?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:55:48 PM by Munchy »

Tags: .....? 

anything