Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848533 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1875 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:53 PM »
+1
hype GET
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1876 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »
Man, it really wouldn't surprise me if there was eventually a take on the 1999 battle, as well as an adaption of Soma Cruz's story.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1877 on: June 04, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »
Finally tracked down this trailer on G4's website. Hmm. Well, it's definitely Lords of Shadow. I'm not sure about this combat system yet. I like the character designs, but I'll need to know more about the level design.

Random thought: I have a feeling a Richter redesign would have a ponytail, to replace the bandana and separate itself from all of the previous Richters and other LoS Belmonts.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1878 on: June 04, 2012, 08:38:17 PM »
Hi guys, look what I found?

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58815/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-e3-trailer/

I saw Trevor throw a cross-boomerang! This could mean classic subweapons are back! What little tidbits of gameplay we can see here looks REALLY nice.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1879 on: June 04, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »

I can't see the trailer. Just a black square. :(

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1880 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »
Man, it really wouldn't surprise me if there was eventually a take on the 1999 battle, as well as an adaption of Soma Cruz's story.

And you know what the weird thing is? I was just bullshitting because people kept saying "Trevor=Alucard" despite the contradicting evidence that fully turned vampires can't cast reflections. Now my wolf+Gabriel's shapeshifting wife=Amaturasu joke might just be a plausable as well. I wonder how she will play, the idea of play Amy would be sweet.

Im serious now, Were not getting a true Okami sequel from Capcom anytime soon and LOS2 will be the closest thing to it.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1881 on: June 04, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
Ok did they confirm Trevor being Alucard? I've been gone all day and have no clue what's going on besides people talking about it.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1882 on: June 04, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »
I don't get how the story is going.. but looks good.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1883 on: June 04, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
Ok did they confirm Trevor being Alucard? I've been gone all day and have no clue what's going on besides people talking about it.

It's all speculation but it's what everyone (but me) believe's what will happen. But I'll let them believe what they want to believe.

Meanwhile my white wolf=Amaterasu theory is beling labled as too far fetched but hey' speculation is all about reaching far and deep.

Edit:These recent thumbs down are hurting my self esteem, it's just a theory im just kidding.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:55:16 PM by Kingshango »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1884 on: June 04, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »
I see. Thanks for the help. I sure hope it doesn't come to that.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1885 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
It's all speculation but it's what everyone (but me) believe's what will happen. But I'll let them believe what they want to believe.

Meanwhile my white wolf=Amaterasu theory is beling labled as too far fetched but hey' speculation is all about reaching far and deep.

Except for the fact that there's no hint to any Japanese mythology in this entire reboot, or the fact that it would be completely out of Gabula's character to take a second wife.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1886 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »

King I like you man, but this wacky theory thing is.. not funny  :P

You still rock, bro

Everything comes full circle

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1887 on: June 04, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
Ok what? What is the actual info or whatnot? I don't know what to believe! :'(

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1888 on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »
Ok all kidding aside this game does look good, a fusion of Lords of Shadow and DXC and I can't wait to see Simons beast summoning.

Now the thing that's bugging me now is this, how did Marie manage to keep her pregnacy a secret without Gabriel knowing?
Ok what? What is the actual info or whatnot? I don't know what to believe! :'(

Bottom line: Nobody knows.

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1889 on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
+1
so...trevor heads off to the castle alone and tells his wife to take their child and flee to the forest if he doesn't return
later, we see simon as a grown mountain man, and evidently he heads into the castle as well...

how much do you want to bet it's a vengeance mission? head into the castle and track down the evil that killed his father...

only his father isn't actually dead, because he's been turned to alucard ;)

Tags: .....?