Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848787 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2265 on: June 06, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
Cox just confirmed on his Twitter that Sypha is Trevor's wife...
Not surprised at all, where there's Trevor there is Sypha.

I wonder what Simon will inherit from his mother.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2266 on: June 06, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
I was hearing this right now

http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/audio/article/122/1225000/NVC,%206_5.mp3

So people are saying it's bad, but I do not know why; some say it's a sloppy hack and slash "half assed" one at that.

It's somewhat halfway in the podcast.

Also it's not like the ds titles. NO freaking crap really?  :rollseyes:

Choir Singing Hallelujah - Sound Effect
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:29:59 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2267 on: June 06, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »
Did you read what I said? I'm not talking about wall-scaling.

Here's a legitimate question: what would you do instead of an "escape from grapple" QTE?

Haven't finished reading the rest of this but, how about just a well timed tap of the block button similar to throw escapes in Street Fighter? It's super fast and doesn't interrupt the flow of the combat.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2268 on: June 06, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »
Wow, great!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2269 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
Watched the Gamespot live thing, and while the stream itself was choppy as hell, the game looks pretty great. I am not 100% fond of the enemies taking so many hits in any games, but we all knew that before so I guess I'll have to get used to it. The exploration, however, is what makes me most excited. I think the level design looks pretty interesting and varied, and according to Cox we'll be unlocking new parts of the castle by doing certain things. I doubt this is a proper "Metroidvania" but it certainly looks inspired by them. There are things I really like about it so far, and things I am not sure about... But overall I am pretty damn excited.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2270 on: June 06, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »
I don't want to turn this into a system war because I do actually have a 3DS but this game could have honestly used the horsepower of the vita.... Such a shame.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2271 on: June 06, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
heres a video

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-boss-battle-gameplay-off-screen-e3-2012?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Fvideos+(IGN+All+Videos)

I know it's ign, and when I go onto their site I get lag but is it the me or did the game have slowdown or is it my computer on the site?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:40:46 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2272 on: June 06, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »
Half assed? Really? This is one of the better looking 3DS titles coming out right now, whether you find it Castlevania or not. I haven't bothered to listen or pay attention to IGN in years, their ignorance hasn't changed one bit.

I can understand why some would be upset it's not an IGAVania, but to call it "half assed" is saying the team behind it didn't even try. I vehemently disagree with that assertion, especially for a studio who hasn't made a 2D game. This is one of the best looking efforts I've seen.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2273 on: June 06, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »
I was hearing this right now

So people are saying it's bad, but I do not know why; some say it's a sloppy hack and slash "half assed" one at that.

It's somewhat halfway in the podcast.

Also it's not like the ds titles. NO freaking crap really?  :rollseyes:

Why do so many podcasters sound like ignorant assholes? I dunno. I don't wanna be friends with them :( The girl sound like she's 12 years old too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But yeah, maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2274 on: June 06, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
Half assed? Really? This is one of the better looking 3DS titles coming out right now, whether you find it Castlevania or not. I haven't bothered to listen or pay attention to IGN in years, their ignorance hasn't changed one bit.

I can understand why some would be upset it's not an IGAVania, but to call it "half assed" is saying the team behind it didn't even try. I vehemently disagree with that assertion, especially for a studio who hasn't made a 2D game. This is one of the best looking efforts I've seen.

I know it's their first try and only 20 people worked on it this is one accoplishment I think to any team that is able to do this should have a smile and pat themself's on the back, also I think the ones that did not like it might be on the same boat as her
(click to show/hide)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2275 on: June 06, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »
heres a video

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-boss-battle-gameplay-off-screen-e3-2012?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Fvideos+(IGN+All+Videos)

I know it's ign, and when I go onto their site I get lag but is it the me or did the game have slowdown or is it my computer on the site?

Read: IN MY OPINION.

I dont like it, looks mediocre at best, the combat seems to be thrown in mid development and without caring for it. In that vid (even being beta or wathever) you can see the stupidity of the LoS combat: 567096680796070 whip strikes that make no hit stun whatsoever, then the player when sees that the boss/enemy is moving you just double jump/roll backward to avoid anything unespected (BTW WHY he does jump THAT HIGH???), also as with LoS, why put combos to buy with experience? As seen in this early vid and as will be in the final game, you can take out the boss (bosses) like mashing buttons (and that whip slashing from screen to screen lol), but sure, there will be their attack patterns, their vulnerable moments, their sweet spot open moments etc.

As I posted WAY earlier, UNINSPIRED.

Game looks pretty, but mediocre (lol at the life regaining pot at the end, LoS/GoW all over again    :'(

I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2276 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
Read: IN MY OPINION.

I dont like it, looks mediocre at best, the combat seems to be thrown in mid development and without caring for it. In that vid (even being beta or wathever) you can see the stupidity of the LoS combat: 567096680796070 whip strikes that make no hit stun whatsoever, then the player when sees that the boss/enemy is moving you just double jump/roll backward to avoid anything unespected (BTW WHY he does jump THAT HIGH???), also as with LoS, why put combos to buy with experience? As seen in this early vid and as will be in the final game, you can take out the boss (bosses) like mashing buttons (and that whip slashing from screen to screen lol), but sure, there will be their attack patterns, their vulnerable moments, their sweet spot open moments etc.

As I posted WAY earlier, UNINSPIRED.

Game looks pretty, but mediocre (lol at the life regaining pot at the end, LoS/GoW all over again    :'(

I would want to see it very fluid and not so choppy on the site I cannot say anything right now , but all the other videos looked good. I want to see some platforming and the mirror aspect with the cameras.

And at least there are going to be hearts in the game to counter the fountain.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:57:44 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2277 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »

Well, the kids at IGN calls this game "awful" and "really, really bad". I don't think they've ever called a Castlevania game AWFUL before. Dunno what to think at this point. Then again, I don't like IGN at all.

:rollseyes:

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2278 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »
Oi, combat is already getting heavily criticized. Looks like this game is gonna be a "hit or miss" with us  :-\

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2279 on: June 06, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
Your incessant hatred of Cox is seriously annoying and immature.

The game looks...actually really quite good. It's definitely LoS in 2D, but it doesn't look as non-Castlevania as I thought it would be. Those hunchbacks are HILARIOUS, I love Mercury Steam's sense of humor. LoS had a little bit of those quirky moments too.

What made me initially hate the idea of the combat being like LoS was because I assumed enemy placement would be similar to classic games. If the pacing is broken up into platforming, exploring, combat, like LoS, then it doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. It's more focused, I was just afraid we would be dealing with Bloodrayne levels of stupid combos.

I've played LoS and I enjoyed it enough to consider it a good game, so I think I'll end up liking MoF too now that it has a more "Castlevania" focus in it's overall direction.

I have to say, the game looks really gorgeous too. MS has some of the greatest artists in this industry right now.

I wouldn't worry about the music and in game SFX, they're all just placeholders.
Looks good where? Even DxC looks better, more enemies placement, the enemies are obstacles, no QTEs, no over the top combat, difficult bosses with real and interesting patterns. If it had whip swinging I'm sure it would be automatic like this game is going to be...

Seriously, I tried look forward to this game, I was interested DESPITE being from a previous game that I hated. And the gameplay comes and show this POS. =/

Tags: .....?