Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848454 times)

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2400 on: June 06, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
Simple, non answering and/or twisting the answer=yes. Saying no atleast will delay the reaction.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2401 on: June 06, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
On a game with time-travel (Trevor's actions impact what Simon's environment will be), one can consider this:

A decision made by Trevor to still be able to help his son in the future, may require for him to make a sacrifice.  Perhaps, in order to best help his son, Trevor has to become a creature of the night, thus he becomes Alucard.
However, a game with time travel usually has dimensional repercussions; a choice not made creates an entirely different universe.  Couple this with a magical relic that's a "Mirror" (which by itself carries a number of connotations in terms of the magic of mirrors, etc.) and it's possible that what Cox said is both true and false at once:

Trevor is not Alucard.
However, "Alucard" can be a 'reflection' of Trevor; a magical being created by the Mirror whose lifespan abilities may allow it to help Simon in better ways than his father could.
"Alucard" could also be Trevor after he makes a choice that makes him Alucard, but if the game has time-changing elements, perhaps Simon can do something with the mirror to prevent this fate from befalling his father (like in that movie "Frequency", where actions in the future, relayed back in time, alter the events of time and prevent a father's death from happening).
All of these are story possibilities, as is the possibility of Sypha helping out her husband.

I am guessing the saga will be having Trevor, Simon, Alucard, and Sypha as the protagonists.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2402 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »

I am guessing the saga will be having Trevor, Simon, Alucard, and Sypha as the protagonists.

But wasn't Sypha Simon's mother and confirmed  to have been killed?

Unless her story takes place directly after Trevor's I do not see how that will work.

And the whole "Simon changing Trevor's fate" thing seems unlikely.

I thought the mirror only could change the future fate and not the past?

Also Alucard appearing in LOS2 pretty much confirms that Simon will not be able to turn Trevor back if he did become Alucard, that is unless that part in that Trailer takes place during Simon's part of the game.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2403 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »

Cox confirmed on his Twitter that although Sypha is Trevor's wife, she is not a playable character.

see!

I wonder how Cox is going to spin this after saying outright that Trevor is not Alucard.

Trevor "IS" not Alucard. Alucard "USED TO BE" Trevor. The magic of present and past tense!  ;)

On a game with time-travel (Trevor's actions impact what Simon's environment will be), one can consider this:

I don't think the mirror will give the game time "travel," just the ability to see the past and future.  I don't think the future can affect the past...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:23:30 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2404 on: June 06, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
If you have a 3DS, the trailer is up on the eShop. And Alucard says: "It seems fate has given me a second chance...father."

Looked at it a second time on the e-shop channel looks good on the small screen  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2405 on: June 06, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
Question where is the time travel thing coming from? from what i know of the game its just diferent time periods with a Mirror that lets you see your fate

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2406 on: June 06, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

It was already confirmed that 3 characters will be Belmonts and one is a fan favourite. Seriously, the gamespot interview says everything about the game.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2407 on: June 06, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »
Cox confirmed on his Twitter that although Sypha is Trevor's wife, she is not a playable character.

He also said that Trevor isn't Alucard but all the signs so far are pointing otherwise.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:25:10 PM by Kingshango »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2408 on: June 06, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »

Trevor "IS" not Alucard. Alucard "USED TO BE" Trevor. The magic of present and past tense!  ;)

But that wouldn't make since considering how Cox also said the white haired guy in the LOS2 trailer was not Trevor.

I could understand what you are saying if he had only been referring to the current Trevor being Alucard since he hasn't become him yet.

But when asked about if Alucard (white haired guy in LOS2) was Trevor (in past tense) Cox said no.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2409 on: June 06, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »
Maybe Gabe had two kids.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2410 on: June 06, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
+1
So now we know three characters right? I hope the third Belmont is a girl who wants a dang sasuage fest  :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2411 on: June 06, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
Maybe Gabe had two kids.

But why would he need a "second chance"?

Did he already fight Dracula and fail?

That would be the only way to explain his lines if he is a second child and I hope it isn't depicted in a mere flashback.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2412 on: June 06, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »
But when asked about if Alucard was Trevor (in past tense) Cox said no.

When I transcribed Cox's Twitter questions today, I sure as hell did not see that. Where did someone pose the question in that manner? He only got people asking "IS Trevor the same as Alucard?"

One single verb tense can change the whole meaning of things, and no one ever posed the question "WAS Alucard Trevor?"
It also means that Cox isn't misleading anyone...just answering questions based on how they're worded.
I also doubt he'd answer that question at all. Even a "Maybe" would tell too much!

EDIT: I asked him on his Twitter anyway. Let's see if he responds to me.

EDIT #2: He responded 2 minutes later.
@gameshowvault - I just cannot comment on story details because I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

Ha! Thank you folks, I'm here all week.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:37:51 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2413 on: June 06, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »
He's probably being vague on purpose because he doesn't want the game's plot to be spoiled before the game is even fully finished.

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2414 on: June 06, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
i think cox just didn't expect the belmont=alucard thing to come out before they even formally announced the game, haha. remember, there were a couple weeks before we even saw the NP story where something like that was rumored. so it doesn't surprise me that he's denying it. sounds like damage control and he can always just go back and say "well he is not the same person because blahdeblahdeblah" or something.

Tags: .....?