Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849089 times)

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2835 on: June 12, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
lol i agree with DPA here.
(click to show/hide)

LoS final build wasn't that different from the final product at all.

Nigga,the fact that many people are saying that the Mirror of fate's graphics is bad(Which is pretty average to me)will make mercury steam to improve it more.Look at DmC for example.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:08:39 PM by Redgrave »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2836 on: June 12, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
Im totally not surprised about the music style they went with the game. Remember Araujo said that Konami wanted him to make the soundtrack "epic" in the Lords of Shadow games instead of melodic or in his words "effeminate" music that previous Castlevania's had.

So if anyone is expecting a orchestrated version of Bloody Tears in Mirror of Fate and LOS2, don't get your hopes up.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:16:49 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2837 on: June 12, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »
lol i agree with DPA here.
(click to show/hide)

Nigga,the fact that many people are saying that the Mirror of fate's graphics is bad(Which is pretty average to me)will make mercury steam to improve it more.Look at DmC for example.
I'm just saying I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2838 on: June 12, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
Okay,cool.

So any gaming sites have translated those spanish articles?

Offline BingleGod

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2839 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »
Quote from: Kingshango
Remember Araujo said that Konami wanted him to make the soundtrack "epic" in the Lords of Shadow games instead of melodic or in his words "effeminate" music that previous Castlevania's had.

Did Araujo seriously use the word "effeminate"?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2840 on: June 12, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
+3
Remember Araujo said that Konami wanted him to make the soundtrack "epic" in the Lords of Shadow games instead of melodic or in his words "effeminate" music that previous Castlevania's had.

What an utterly embarrassing, thoughtless way to describe the music of Castlevania. Makes me wonder how much the man has actually bothered listening to the past tunes.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2841 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »
I like LoI and CoD's OSTs.
I also sure want for araujo to remix Vampire killer,Bloody tears,Dracula's castle,Lost paintings and Dance of illusion with his own style.
But it seems its unlikely :(

But i'm a huge fan of orchestral music such as the music from LoS and Two steps from hell so i really don't mind.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:35:35 PM by Redgrave »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2842 on: June 12, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
Did Araujo seriously use the word "effeminate"?

Trying to find the interview now(it's also buried in the LOS1 megathread somewhere) but the word "effeminate" was thrown in by Araujo.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2843 on: June 12, 2012, 03:38:42 PM »
I know right. :rollseyes:

Just tune us out MS lol.

But seriously, can someone ask them specifically will there be area specific music?

I wasn't really counting on more "CV like" music, but having area specific themes would give a lot more variety.

I'd ask, but he seemed to miss my last tweet about the tutorials.

He's probably just busy with the game. Maybe Konami told him he was answering too many questions or something, I dunno. But if Silent Hill Downpour could turn off the on-screen tutorials this game should be able to right? I mean, that game was cheap as fuck, and Konami is likely far more pleased with LoS's performance.

All I'm saying is, if I'm halfway through the game and it's still telling me to "hold R to grip" when a Titan is doing the shuck-and-jive... I will feel kind of insulted.

What an utterly embarrassing, thoughtless way to describe the music of Castlevania. Makes me wonder how much the man has actually bothered listening to the past tunes.

Yeah, it's a pretty mismatched adjective to be sure. Especially when his soundtrack is for a game where the protagonist collects fairies and crystals and cries about his wife.

(I'm kidding, only kidding. But of all the descriptors for older music in the series, "effeminate" is not at all what I'd call it.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:55:20 PM by Munchy »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2844 on: June 12, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »
+1
Maybe they're referring to SOTN and beyond. Because the remixes used in Castlevania: The Arcade were far from effeminate, they were fucking incredibly badass! Even if Dracula was a pushover, you'd gladly get your ass kicked just to prolong the battle long enough to listen to his themes.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #2845 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
+4
Trying to find the interview now(it's also buried in the LOS1 megathread somewhere) but the word "effeminate" was thrown in by Araujo.

Wow, what a jerk.  And that is RICH coming from him because arguably the best song- and certainly the most memorable song- in Lords of Shadow was the music box rendition of Vampire Killer!

I'll take memorable, catchy, feminine music over an OST that would be more in place playing in the background for a generic action movie.

This song by Michiru Yamane: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Music: Admiration of a Clan
... did EVERYTHING that Araujo's music TRIED to do in LoS BETTER.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2846 on: June 12, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »
June 12, 2012, 04:35:34 PM - Hidden.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:43:14 PM by Redgrave »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #2847 on: June 12, 2012, 04:44:05 PM »
+7
Only you castlevania nerds and the minority thinks that it's better.But the majority today thinks that orchestral music

Stop.

I have NO PROBLEM with orchestral music; I'm not talking about whether the songs have been made through machines or are recorded instruments/voices or whatever.

I have a problem with Araujo's COMPOSITION.  It is completely unmemorable.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2848 on: June 12, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
Stop.

I have NO PROBLEM with orchestral music.  I have a problem with Araujo's COMPOSITION.  It is completely unmemorable.

Then he might improve it next time in LoS II and Mirror of fate that "everybody" will remember it.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2849 on: June 12, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »
I could translate that in a matter of days. Great article, good insight.
A little interesting snippet:
In Lords of Shadow, we intentionally made the wolrd more colorful, we wanted to show how it was before Dracula, but now that he's in the world we are making dark, really dark, we want to show his influence

Also, they say that the LoS series is the Castlevania tale told from Dracula's eyes, they felt it was the natural thing because (I quote) It was ridiculous that A series that goes around Dracula had him relegated to 5mins before the end game only to have him killed and resurrected in 100 years.
They also say that MoF central tale is all about the Belmont family.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:53:24 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Tags: .....?