Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848737 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3225 on: July 05, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
+4
Ok, not going to lie......

Wasn't happy with Lords of Shadow's music, gameplay or creativity (and lack thereof) and I'm terrified Mirror of Fate will just repeat the cycle....

...but that is some damn pretty artwork. Bravo.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3226 on: July 05, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »
Man. That artwork is gorgeous (if I don't get that cover, I'm going into Gamestop to BUY it.)  The artwork for MoF has been just wonderful.

And just look at Dracula. I'm loving that there's actually blood on his face, neck, and lion head belt piece. He just ooze badass villain and it's going to be an honor and a  privilege to kick his ass.

I have to admit, it's the one thing I'm absolutely loving about the Lords series so far: Dracula. Time will tell obviously with Mirror and Lords 2 but so far, I'm loving it. (Seriously, the fact that he's using Satan as decoration in his castle just speaks volumes for his kickassary.  8) )
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3227 on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »
Ok, not going to lie......

Wasn't happy with Lords of Shadow's music, gameplay or creativity (and lack thereof) and I'm terrified Mirror of Fate will just repeat the cycle....

...but that is some damn pretty artwork. Bravo.
Pretty much. Even I can say when they nail it. Gabriel looks fucking badass on that throne, holy shit.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3228 on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »
Mirror of Fate graces the cover of the next issue of GI (as well as other games)
(click to show/hide)

I noticed two things about this cover

1. It's the first castlevania cover for a gameinformer.
2. It's the first handheld to get a cover from gameinformer as well.

I say this because I do not recall any cv covers or a handheld cover from a GI.

Also I hope I get this one . (I have seen the rest and this one is just vastly superior to any of them) if not time to go to gamestop and pray they have the los version I know my luck  :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:05:14 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3229 on: July 06, 2012, 12:47:42 AM »
Dracula! For shame! Use a napkin.

That is awesome cover art. (And now I'm randomly wondering if Alucard's presence has something to do with the titular Mirror of Fate.)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3230 on: July 06, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
oblivium sempiternum daemonis indeed  :o

now.. am confused my fellow Dungeonites, hopefully one of yuo cool kats can explain this to me

Mirror of Fate will supposedly span several generations. LoS2 takes place directly after MoF. Cox said that LoS2 is the last game in the storyline. factor in the epilogue of LoS1, we are to assume that scene/era will also be the last chapter of LoS2. So will LoS2 span several generations as well, am just confused on the "timeline" of this universe o.o; so can you guys explain this to me better o.o;

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3231 on: July 06, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »
+1
Going by the story description for LOS2, it's most likely going to take place after the epilogue since that's the only time we see Dracula in a weakend state. But there may be occasional "flashbacks" throughout the game to fill in the gaps about happened over time that's not covered in Mirror of Fate.

Well that's what I think at least.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3232 on: July 06, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »
Going by the story description for LOS2, it's most likely going to take place after the epilogue since that's the only time we see Dracula in a weakend state. But there may be occasional "flashbacks" throughout the game to fill in the gaps about happened over time that's not covered in Mirror of Fate.
Yep this is it, it seems

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3233 on: July 06, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
Sort of like the Paranormal Activity movies. It makes me curious as to what's going to be happening for the several hundred years between the Crusades era and the modern day era shown in the LoS epilogue, since it seems like MoF is mostly sandwiched a little after LoS1.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3234 on: July 07, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »
Going by that leaked chapter list (if it was real) LoS 2 mostly seems to take place during Medieval times. Only the last chapter takes place in the present time. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3235 on: July 07, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
That artwork is fucking. Amazing.

Gabcula looks sinister as hell, SIMON FUCKIN BELMONT, Alucard, holy shit I hope this is the cover artwork for the box!

I can't find the right words to justify how freaking cool that artwork is, they need to release an artbook for the LOS series.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3236 on: July 07, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »
That artwork is amazing! Hopefully LoS haters can see it looks like Castlevania, in fact, better than most CV artwork as of late. I really hope a demo gets released on the 3DS in a month or so, I'm itching to play it. I saw a 27 minute demo of it on YouTube and it looks fantastic. It looks exactly like what I've wanted in a "Metroid- Vania" game for some time.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3237 on: July 07, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
Love the artwork...like how savage they made Gabriel look, with a touch of sophistication.

Guess I'll have to hit the newsstands again. Hopefully this one isn't too hard to find among the others.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:46:20 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3238 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:16 PM »
That artwork is amazing! Hopefully LoS haters can see it looks like Castlevania, in fact, better than most CV artwork as of late.
I think the character designs(Trevor, Simon, Alucard, even the new look of Gabriel/Dracula) for MoF is more interestingly unique than most of the character designs in LoS. Though, for me, the art of MoF is not a problem. It's probably, IMO, it's greatest asset.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3239 on: July 08, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »
I like that artwork, i wish there was a version to use as a wallpaper.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: .....? 

anything