Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848807 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3465 on: August 03, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
Time for part 2.

Actually in all honesty, I had forgotten a great deal of my second half overnight but I'll try and paraphrase it as best I can, ok here I go:

Now reading all the comments so far, it seems that a new question has come to light and that is, what is Alucard? We all know Alucard is the half vampire/human son of Dracula, who does not support the ideals of his father, thus rebelling against him. In this continuity however, many situations have changed. One of which is the shocking(?) revealation that a Belmont became Dracula, which to some is a cardinal sin to Castlevania. With this many have already jumped to the conclusion that Trevor Belmont meet the same fate and becomes the "Anti Dracula" better known as Alucard. Now as I posted before, if Trevor did become a vampire, he wouldn't be able to cast a reflection off the sword ( I known I keep going back to the reflection stuff but it's a small detail that most overlook and puts a hole in the theory). Remember during the fight with Camilla? The vampires and Camilla didn't have a reflection, only Gabriel and Pan when he appeared. So obviously that part of the vampire lore still applies in the Lords of Shadow world. Trevor being a alleged vampire would have to follow the rules as well.

Now to twist the question I asked earlier, what is Alucard in the Lords of Shadow universe? He can't a normal vampire and if he isn't a dhampir, what else could he possibly be? The only thing we know about him in this continuity so far is that he more or less as the same abilities as Dracula such as mist and the ability to transform into a wolf (according to the original leak). Could he be Dracula's younger looking doppleganger? Or did "fate" bring Trevor back transforming him into a avenging force with all of Dracula's abilities and none of his weaknesses, making him the ultimate opposition to his father other than the Belmont's. The way I see it I can only think of three possible ways this can go:

1) Alucard is the half vampire/human son of Dracula in the traditional sense, no bs plot twist included.

2) Alucard is a resurrected Trevor, being brought back by fate, not as a normal vampire but as the ultimate opposition to Dracula

3) Alucard is Dracula's younger doppleganger, has the same abilities as Dracula (and then some) and existed in the mirror of fate as the reflection that Dracula could no longer see. Now materialised by fate, he can fight on Dracula head on and take control of Castlevania (This one's abit of a stretch though)

Also
Quote from:  Foffy
...It's very strange to be talking about plot elements and wanting answers about things for a fucking Castlevania game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:16:07 AM by Kingshango »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3466 on: August 03, 2012, 09:39:45 AM »
But the father line can easily just be something Trevor says. Trevor is the son of Gabriel after all, and flyingchai does have a point where they've put audio over footage of characters that were never voiced by that person to get people assuming things. Until the spoilers came out, we all thought Jason Isaacs was Dracula, because they used his Satan lines over what we saw of Dracula.

Sorry but I quoted the wrong post. :P

I meant to quote Jester's post about Alucard being Gabriel's "good half" instead of being his son.

I've corrected it now.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3467 on: August 03, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »
+1
New Nintendo Power V281 (coming soon to store shelves) has two-page preview of MoF. First page is just one big art image of Alucard (same one we've seen before with sword and abstract red dragon-thing in background). Then, besides some more executioner images, a handful of brand-new images are included:
(click to show/hide)

I'm still very tepid about this project; it looks pretty, but the E3 presentation made my cautious optimism tank a good deal.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3468 on: August 03, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »
Two screens of Simon were posted earlier, but thanks for the tip.

That minecart bit sounds very interesting, I'll be looking forward to that.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3469 on: August 03, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »
+1
Trevor Belmont Country anyone? ^^

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3470 on: August 03, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »
Trevor Belmont Country anyone? ^^
I was thinking the exact same thing.

DKC minecart levels with Medusa Heads flying and Skeletons throwing bones at you.

EDIT: lol post 1337

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3471 on: August 03, 2012, 01:35:23 PM »
Any game with minecart's is ok with me. :)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3472 on: August 03, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
But the father line can easily just be something Trevor says. Trevor is the son of Gabriel after all, and flyingchai does have a point where they've put audio over footage of characters that were never voiced by that person to get people assuming things. Until the spoilers came out, we all thought Jason Isaacs was Dracula, because they used his Satan lines over what we saw of Dracula.

But we never SAW Dracula. We heard Satan lines over a shot of Carmilla's castle, and everyone assumed it was Dracula. Unless MercurySteam is trying to play mindgames, there's no real reason to use a Trevor line about second chances directly after a picture of Alucard if Alucard isn't Trevor.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3473 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
New Nintendo Power V281 (coming soon to store shelves) has two-page preview of MoF. First page is just one big art image of Alucard (same one we've seen before with sword and abstract red dragon-thing in background). Then, besides some more executioner images, a handful of brand-new images are included:
(click to show/hide)

I'm still very tepid about this project; it looks pretty, but the E3 presentation made my cautious optimism tank a good deal.

the spoiler alert of Trevor and how it sounds reminds me of this good ole level

Donkey Kong Country - Mine Cart Carnage Playthrough
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3474 on: August 04, 2012, 02:12:00 AM »
But we never SAW Dracula.

They showed that bit from the Epilogue with Gabe sitting on the throne in shadows with glowing eyes.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3475 on: August 04, 2012, 04:17:55 AM »
They showed that bit from the Epilogue with Gabe sitting on the throne in shadows with glowing eyes.
I can confirm this. It was obvious it was Dracula in the trailer.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3476 on: August 04, 2012, 06:37:32 AM »
Here's more a couple of more pictures to that Nintendo article, courtesy of Saccitysaleen:

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3477 on: August 04, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »
DOes anybody akready have this preordered? Is there gonna be any swag items available?

I wish someone would interview IGA some time, he;s too busy eating at fancy restaurants & living the good life stress-free being humble nowadays

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3478 on: August 04, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »
Wow. The mine cart thing seems, well, just way too damned cliche. Sorry, just don't find it exciting when part of a Castlevania game reminds me of Donkey Kong. No self-respecting CV game should ever remind anyone of DK.

(This got -1? Really? Two other people said basically the same thing and one didn't get anything and the other got a +1. That's some buuullshit right there.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:12:28 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3479 on: August 04, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
+1
I wanna know where in 1071 did Dracula get a lava filled cavern with a mine cart installed in his castle?

Tags: .....? 

anything