Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848796 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3630 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:23 PM »
Would it be funny if Cox actually came back here just to say "for the last time guys, Alucard and Trevor are not one and the same in any way conceivable."? :-X
Yeah, that statement was a bit too specific, but still.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3631 on: August 15, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »
Would it be funny if Cox actually came back here just to say "for the last time guys, Alucard and Trevor are not one and the same in any way conceivable."? :-X
Yeah, that statement was a bit too specific, but still.

There's almost no way he could spin this, it's pretty much out in the open. So until further news, that... demon is Trevor.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3632 on: August 15, 2012, 09:55:47 PM »
+1
matter of opinion there.

I think the "no comment" keeps the fans wondering "what if" rather than the flat out "no" comments.

And yet, here we are, lol.

But yes, you could argue it either way.

I have to say, though, I'm pretty psyched to see where they go with this. I for one hope that the wandering soul turns out to be Zobek. Good character, don't see any reason not to bring him back.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3633 on: August 16, 2012, 02:02:08 AM »
Game looks cool. Alucard being Trevor seems kinda dopey, but it's an alternate universe and I'm sure not playing this for story, so... I just hope there's enough to make them unique characters.

I love that enemy concept art, especially Plague-Doctor Mask Dude.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3634 on: August 16, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
+2
Alucard HAS different gameplay: Cox just announced he could morph into Wolf and Mist forms. :)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3635 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:23 AM »
Alucard HAS different gameplay: Cox just announced he could morph into Wolf and Mist forms. :)

Umm Chernabogue.... Was there any doubt about this?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #3636 on: August 16, 2012, 02:17:36 AM »
Umm Chernabogue.... Was there any doubt about this?
Well IIRC, nothing was announced yet about Alucard, so it's cool to learn it. Or maybe it was announced before and I forgot about that? :D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3637 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »
Well IIRC, nothing was announced yet about Alucard, so it's cool to learn it. Or maybe it was announced before and I forgot about that? :D

Still... good news either way right but to tell the truth I want some gameplay and stuff this game looks really,really promising

:)

EDIT:uhh whats IIRC?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3638 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:44 AM »
+3
Why did she HAVE to lie? Because a bunch of stuffy old guys from the Brotherhood of Light told her that her beloved and heroic husband would turn into a vampire lord and that she had to hide their only child to fight his father in the future?

Brotherhood Elder: "Sooo, yeah. You saw it. You're gonna die and he's going to turn into a vampire. *cough*After saving the world from complete darkness, freeing all the souls in limbo, and saving the world AGAIN from being destroyed by an eldritch abomination.*cough* Yup, you're going to have to accept that and hide your kid so he can kill his Evil!Dad when he's grown up."

Marie: "Oh, well, ok. I love my husband, but it's not like I can tell him everything about what I've seen and maybe help change our fates. I'll die, and then I STILL won't tell him we have a hidden son, so that he might have a shred of hope left in the world and won't allow himself to become a evil vampire."

Elder: "Good, as long as we both understand that. No telling him nothin', remember. Fates can't be changed. Ever. At all. Except for those times when they can be due to muddling destinies and crossing paths and whatnot. But that...peh...that's an oldschool way of thinking."

Honestly, unless they have a really convincing way of explaining how there really was no other way to do things, and they just end up hand-waving it away as "IT'S FATE!" and nothing more, it's a stupid, stupid premise.

And this is EXACTLY why every time I hear some fanboy explains to me why the LOS plot is SO superior to the old cannon I have no choice but to roll my eyes. The presentation might be more serious, but the glaring holes make it just as absurd in many ways. It really get's my goat when people say that the Gabriel's motivations are more believable than Leon/Mathias. There's a big difference between losing the love of your life to evil and being manipulated by evil to do it yourself. I remember someone on here once said that it didn't make sense for Leon to start a crusade against Mathias for the loss of Sarah. That's absurd. Sounds like the words of someone that hasn't ever been deeply in love. LoS did get something right when Zobek asked what motivates a man.

EDIT:uhh whats IIRC?

If I Racall Correctly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:46:38 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3639 on: August 16, 2012, 03:08:41 AM »
+2
Sounds like the words of someone that hasn't ever been deeply in love. LoS did get something right when Zobek asked what motivates a man.

If I Racall Correctly.

Thanks Inccubus

and yes what does motivate a man... That varies from one an other for instance power could be a reason. While in this case)Well Gab's) it is about the woman you love which for some reason in my opinion is leaps and bounds more powerful than gaining power for oneself,but at the sametime a very dangerous one. For instance Gab did not get Marie back and well it was just kind of downhill for him afterwards :( .
(click to show/hide)

Offline soma555

• Awards

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3641 on: August 16, 2012, 06:28:51 AM »
So, I presume that LoS1 might be slated for porting to PC now? I mean, otherwise PC only players will be completely lost.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3643 on: August 16, 2012, 07:27:47 AM »
Another win for the master race! ;D

Seriously, this is great that Mercurysteam is doing a PC version. Im still surprised Lords of Shadow 1 never got a PC release considering Mercurysteam's past work were also PC games.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3644 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
+2
For instance Gab did not get Marie back and well it was just kind of downhill for him afterwards :( .

Honestly, I can believe Gabe's motivations for cursing God and giving into darkness even more than I could Mathias!

Think of it: He goes through a life of servitude to the Brotherhood of Light, doing good deed and being heroic. What does he get? Possessed by a dark lord (and by proxy, the damn devil of all beings) and forced to kill his wife and the girl he befriended.

So he manages to pick himself up and goes on to defeat 2 of the 3 the Lords of Shadow (something the Brotherhood either couldn't or wouldn't do themselves, one man did by himself), takes down LUCIFER (I honestly can't stress this enough) who is the ultimate incarnation of evil, and frees hundreds of souls from eternal limbo. What does he get? Oh, sorry, you're wife never could actually come back from the dead and has ascended to heaven and can't even be my your side anymore.

So everything he had in his life is lost. But hark, the morally ambiguous vampire girl tells you of the eldritch abomination about to break into our world and complete obliterate it. He sacrifices his humanity in order to take down said Uber!Monster, killing the last person he had any attachment to in the process, and comes out victorious and saves the world AGAIN. What does he get? Hunted by the same Brotherhood who sent him on this whole crazy trek in the first place, and has his long lost son sent after him to kill him because "OMG VAMPIRE = EVULS!!".

Yeah, I'd be pretty damn pissed off at the Brotherhood and God myself if that's what my reward is for all my suffering and sacrifice in BOTH their names.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:47:56 PM by Sindra »

Tags: .....? 

anything