Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849020 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3840 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
I'd like to know what' Zobek's surname is then, actually.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3841 on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
Funny how MoF was supposed to be about revealing Gabriel's ancestors. This is a pretty big spoiler if not Major. I want to see if they have their take on Mathaias. The only thing I wonder is if LoS2 will have their intepretation of Vlad III Dracula and Gabriel fights him as a Major battle or a filler boss such as Malphas's Chapter.
Doubtful, Vlad III Dracula doesn't exist in those "worlds", at least not in the sense of who he is in our history. Though, I did say, if they were ever to reboot the series again, I would love them to just go all out and have Dracula be Vlad III, no Mathias, no Gabriel, just the mythic man of history. Also, if they planned to tell his origin tale(yet again), just do it with human Vlad III taking on the dark lord persona. No sappy love story or tragic past.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3842 on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »
But would it really matter if in the next game Dracula was the historical Vlad III or not? The end result will always be the same; Vampire Lord that shoots fireballs in his castle. At least the real Matthias had ties to Vlad III, they did their homework to some extent..

As for Zobek, his surname might be Zobek Cumberbatch, Zobek the Zobekian, or *ahem* Zobek Dinesti. prunyuu~

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3843 on: October 01, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
+3
But would it really matter if in the next game Dracula was the historical Vlad III or not? The end result will always be the same; Vampire Lord that shoots fireballs in his castle. At least the real Matthias had ties to Vlad III, they did their homework to some extent..
I think it would make his origin more simpler, I guess. Dracula WOULD be, well, Dracula. I mean, IF they reboot it again. I wouldn't be against returning to the classic canon, but IF they reboot it(a big "if"), I dont' think I'd want "yet another" origin story ripe with pretentiousness. If they DO touch up on "Dracula's origins", I'd want it to be as simple as possible. I'm pretty much more of the type of guy who doesn't care if they NEVER do another origin tale. Just get to the business. The early CV games were mainly just business. Any info regarding the "how" and "why" were kept rather simple and easy to swallow. You didn't need to know WHO Dracula was, he was "DRACULA"! Everybody knows who Dracula is. I doubt even today you'd find a kid who doesn't know who Dracula is. I heard Hotel Transylvania did pretty good at the box office, and Dracula's in that(based on the classic movie persona, no less).

I know someone might say, "Oh, back then, it was different. Now, you have to explain the character backgrounds so it could make sense to gamers."... yadda yadda. Do we really need a new origin to explain why Dracula became who he is everytime the reboot wheel turns? It's kinda pathetic in a way, if that's the state we are in as a society, that everybody has to be told every minute detail about every little thing just to understand what something's about.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3844 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »
Do we really need a new origin to explain why Dracula became who he is everytime the reboot wheel turns?
Every story should have begining and the end.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3845 on: October 02, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »
Yes, but they dont need to start in "this" beggining, they can start telling about the Belmonts and ignore Dracula backstory. Its like saying that every game or movie needs to start telling how our universe and planet has been created.

What Im trying to say is that DragonSlayr81 have a point. +1 buddy. :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3846 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »
+2
So our favorite PR person went on a Tweeting spree recently and posted Devil Trevor's inventory

Then went on to say this

Quote from:
Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS
@NabilSatsFan - It's not the combat cross, it's something else... He doesn't get his sword until LOS2

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3847 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
Mmh, nice to see some screenshots.

Alucard has really the same outfit than Trevor.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3848 on: October 04, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
Yep, only difference is that he ripped the upper part of his coat and replaced it with armor. Probably got destroyed when Dracula killed him the first time.

And look at his abilities, mist, wolf, bat projectile and a couple others. Trevor really hit the superpower lottery when he came back, if this isn't the work of something devil-ish *wink wink* I don't know what is.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3849 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:12 PM »
Yep, only difference is that he ripped the upper part of his coat and replaced it with armor.

Actually....I think that it's his bare chest, just like his father...only Alucard turned blue.  :o
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3850 on: October 04, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
Actually....I think that it's his bare chest, just like his father...only Alucard turned blue.  :o

Yea whats up with that?

I know the difference in graphics between LOS2 and Mirror of fate is pretty big, but, why the hell does this Alucard look so different than the one in the LOS2 trailer?

He didn't have skin that was "dark/blue" like that, and I don't think he was bare chested either.

His coat was also obviously black in the trailer and initial artwork.

But now it looks kinda Dark green mixed with black if you ask me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:24:25 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3851 on: October 04, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »
I wonder what those other two after bat are? it looks like a sand clock and a clawed gauntlet. Wonder what the last move is?

Also, why does it have to be "Devilish"? Gabuella has a few real nifty abilities too, most notably the ability to turn into smoke, a smokey/fiery Dragon, and the ability to make dark energy whips.

Trevorcard on the other hand has a few not quite as grand powers, which involve turning into mist, a bat, and a wolf. AKA traditional vampire powers.

Y'know, I think the way this will play out is Gabe turns him, and then you fight him as Simon, kinda like how Trevor fights Alucard in CV3, and once you beat sense into him, he joins the party. Or something. Maybe.

Also, he isn't blue. I think it's supposed to look like a pale almost grayish color. It looks all wierd probably because it's a camera photo of the screen.

As for being bare chested, Im pretty sure he was.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3852 on: October 04, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
Alucard is the demonic form of Trevor and I am sticking to it till the game comes out, no one will change my mind otherwise. *fold's arm*

(click to show/hide)

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3853 on: October 04, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
This weapon on the inventory screen reminds me the spear of Eric Lecarde in Bloodlines !!
And this weapon is called "the Alucard's Spear" in the japanese version of the Megadrive game !!  8)

Castlevania Bloodlines - Stage 1 - Eric Lecarde

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3854 on: October 04, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
I think it would make his origin more simpler, I guess. Dracula WOULD be, well, Dracula. I mean, IF they reboot it again. I wouldn't be against returning to the classic canon, but IF they reboot it(a big "if"), I dont' think I'd want "yet another" origin story ripe with pretentiousness. If they DO touch up on "Dracula's origins", I'd want it to be as simple as possible. I'm pretty much more of the type of guy who doesn't care if they NEVER do another origin tale. Just get to the business. The early CV games were mainly just business. Any info regarding the "how" and "why" were kept rather simple and easy to swallow. You didn't need to know WHO Dracula was, he was "DRACULA"! Everybody knows who Dracula is.

Exactly on the same page here. This is part of why I loved the Tin Tin movie.

"Who's that?"

"He's Tin Tin! Fuck off!"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:57:42 PM by Munchy »

Tags: .....? 

anything