Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848398 times)

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4380 on: February 02, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
Well, Im pretty sure its common knowledge that Trevor died or at least is held captive because his son Simon goes after him.
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4381 on: February 02, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »
+1
From the Halloween trailer

Quote from: Dracula
You will die in vein just as your father did.

Assuming he's talking to Simon here, he say's he actually killed Trevor. If he had turned Trevor he would have said something about enslaving him like I did your father or something along those lines.

So either Dracula is a lousy killer and didn't bother to check the body to make sure he's dead or destroy his remains, therefore allowing someone/something transforming Trevor's already dead body into a vampire named Alucard a without Dracula knowing years later, or he simply killed Trevor and Alucard is a separate character after all.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4382 on: February 02, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »
Course there is the possibility that line was spoken to Trevor.  Implying what once was his father Gabriel is no more, regardless if Gabriel didn't know about Trevor.

But that line being spoken to Simon would make more sense.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4383 on: February 02, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »
Oh and I just realized something, we still have no idea on what that Lost Soul thing is. If he is what I think he is, im willing to bet he has something to do with Trevor's transformation into Alucard (if that turned out to be the case). I mean he is called the Lost Soul, and what does anything called a Lost Soul want? A vessel.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4384 on: February 02, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
So either Dracula is a lousy killer and didn't bother to check the body to make sure he's dead or destroy his remains, therefore allowing someone/something transforming Trevor's already dead body into a vampire named Alucard a without Dracula knowing years later, or he simply killed Trevor and Alucard is a separate character after all.

but then who is Alucard's mother, and when did Dracula have the time to fall in love & seduce another woman when the game says he was in self-imposed exile for decades until he decides to go after the Brotherhood. At this point it will make more sense if Trevor WAS Alucard instead of being separate. A lot less plotholes if you ask me, and explaining why Alucard didn't aid his "brother" Trevor, etc.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4385 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
Oh and I just realized something, we still have no idea on what that Lost Soul thing is. If he is what I think he is, im willing to bet he has something to do with Trevor's transformation into Alucard (if that turned out to be the case). I mean he is called the Lost Soul, and what does anything called a Lost Soul want? A vessel.

So in essence once Trevor presumably fails, the Lost Soul who is on speaking terms or appears before Trevor as the Demo evidents would imply that once Trevor dies the Lost Soul takes this opportunity to take Trevor's body as it's own, either preserving both consciousness into one or simply overwriting the old one with the Lost Soul's mind, or possibly a body swap if you will.

Trevor's body>Lost Soul's body and vice versa.

Furthermore with this transfer a transformation of power is initiated, causing this vessel to obtain demonic power.

Another way is that the lost soul gives Trevor a second chance, but at the price of a majority of his human memories and basically merges into one being.

Who can say for sure though?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4386 on: February 02, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »
but then who is Alucard's mother, and when did Dracula have the time to fall in love & seduce another woman when the game says he was in self-imposed exile for decades until he decides to go after the Brotherhood. At this point it will make more sense if Trevor WAS Alucard instead of being separate. A lot less plotholes if you ask me, and explaining why Alucard didn't aid his "brother" Trevor, etc.

To be fair, we don't know exactly what Gabriel did during those 25 years, he could have done anything at that point. In fact I wonder why he waited so long to attack the brotherhood instead of going after them right after leaving the underworld? I know he probably trained himself to master his new powers but at that point he already knew how to teleport and levitate almost immediately and was plenty strong already.

As for why Alucard didn't help Trevor defeat Dracula? Either he was not there or he wasn't born yet. However a Spanish magazine confirmed that he does help Simon as an NPC and like his SOTN counterpart, he's the vampire son of Dracula that rebelled against his father. How'd he rebel against someone who he already set out to kill is beyond me though. Unless Dracula has the power to compel and Alucard managed the break it, then his rebellion would make sense.

So in essence once Trevor presumably fails, the Lost Soul who is on speaking terms or appears before Trevor as the Demo evidents would imply that once Trevor dies the Lost Soul takes this opportunity to take Trevor's body as it's own, either preserving both consciousness into one or simply overwriting the old one with the Lost Soul's mind, or possibly a body swap if you will.

Trevor's body>Lost Soul's body and vice versa.

Furthermore with this transfer a transformation of power is initiated, causing this vessel to obtain demonic power.

Another way is that the lost soul gives Trevor a second chance, but at the price of a majority of his human memories and basically merges into one being.

Who can say for sure though?

That's my current theory (the ol Devlicard theory as I like to call it) and I will state here and now that if Alucard's origin has anything at all to do with demonic possession, I will take everyone on the forums on vacation to Cancun, on me.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4387 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
I'm sure there won't be anything that complicated. Man, I just don't want to accept Alucard-Trevor thing. Is the story gonna be that great in which I can appreciate this idea of Trevor's "Revealed by Destiny"? I mean it better be, the idea still feels very stale of having one character in two different persona. It's not much of Ryu and Evil Ryu. It's one man with two different characters but alas, it's a reboot.

Anyways, my crazy-ass theory was about the disapproved leak of Simon Belmont's VA being LoS2's Julius Belmont. Simon Belmont in MoF looks pretty much like Julius Belmont with the facial hair gig. If Trevor becomes Alucard, the Simon Belmont becomes... OH GAWD!

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4388 on: February 02, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
I'm sure there won't be anything that complicated. Man, I just don't want to accept Alucard-Trevor thing. Is the story gonna be that great in which I can appreciate this idea of Trevor's "Revealed by Destiny"? I mean it better be, the idea still feels very stale of having one character in two different persona. It's not much of Ryu and Evil Ryu. It's one man with two different characters but alas, it's a reboot.

Anyways, my crazy-ass theory was about the disapproved leak of Simon Belmont's VA being LoS2's Julius Belmont. Simon Belmont in MoF looks pretty much like Julius Belmont with the facial hair gig. If Trevor becomes Alucard, the Simon Belmont becomes... OH GAWD!

We'll know if Heart of Fire starts playing in LoS2 in that wonderful movie-like style.

You never know, this is basically BERSERK Castlevania except not as good but not bad.

It's always possible Trevor may learn the truth(Order's manipulations) and somehow a transformation occurs.

We'll have to wait and see, we are supposed to quick some supposed info real soon correct?

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4389 on: February 02, 2013, 06:16:14 PM »
From the Halloween trailer

Assuming he's talking to Simon here, he say's he actually killed Trevor. If he had turned Trevor he would have said something about enslaving him like I did your father or something along those lines.

I completely agree that he killed him.
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4390 on: February 02, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »
The game comes out in 4 weeks so they HAVE to show something very soon, like a 10 minute gameplay reel from the final build like they did with the first game would be nice.

But since this is Konami we're talking about, they'll probably keep all info to themselves until the very last minute, which they have a history of doing.

Unfortunatly the latter is as much likely as the former. :(

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4391 on: February 02, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »
Well I had heard that something might be shown on Feb. 4th but I dunno for sure.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4392 on: February 02, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
We really haven't seen shit about this game and it's due in 4 weeks.

I smell a stinker.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4393 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »
We really haven't seen shit about this game and it's due in 4 weeks.

I smell a stinker.

I just want some commercials  :'(

this series deserves it and some good ones at that
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4394 on: February 02, 2013, 11:04:25 PM »
I just want some commercials  :'(

this series deserves it and some good ones at that

I have not seen a Castlevania commercial (in America) since Lament of Innocence. I think it's safe to say that this game will marketed a wee bit, a banner over a website at best.

I have been seeing some commercial's for MGR however.

Tags: .....? 

anything