Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Off Topic / Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Last post by JR on March 16, 2024, 11:31:33 PM »
Been listening to more of this band over the weekend:

I really like their sense of melody. I've had a song of theirs on my Spotify for a while, but I just haven't thought to check out more until now.

Also digging the new Midnight and Aborted albums. Still waiting for the new Zombeast and Benighted albums to drop, too.
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Last post by JR on March 16, 2024, 11:24:27 PM »
Been playing through a lot of Puzzle Figher lately. Got my wife hooked on it, lol. It's become a bit of a Friday staple for me.

Also just beat AB Cop on my racing cabinet. Whatever drugs they were on when they made that game, I want some. So much of that game is hilarious: the shit-eating grin your guy flashes at the screen when you beat a boss, the Dende lookalike you fight at the end, just the concept of a bike cop bashing criminals off the road...all of it is gold.

I want to start Elden Ring or the new Robocop next, but I just haven't made time. 
Despite Simon's Quest being my favorite Castlevania, I much prefer the "Classicvania" style with laid out linear progression. I tend to notice that the SOTN "Metroidvania (Absolutely loathe that term) is the preferred style of gameplay for the majority of fans. With that said, are we sick and tired of the plethora of newer ripoff Castlevania games that just focus on making the gothic non-linear style action games akin to SotN?

The reason I ask is, there was a recent classicvania release called Lords of Exile which seems to scratch the itch I have for the more linear progression style in Castlevania titles. There's a few games like this that have been released or are coming soon that harken back to the more straightforward gameplay.

I'm curious on everyone's thoughts. :)

Yeah, kind of. I'm not tired of the Metroidvania formula per se, but I'd love to see a more classic game that's not a remake or reimagining or whatever. I like that Curse of the Moon tried to bring the CVIII feeling back, but I wish Konami would do that.
Well the obvious answer is the Switch. It would run perfect on it & I can’t imagine it being that difficult to port it.

What WOULD be difficult however, are the DS trilogy. Only because they depend so much on the DS’s control scheme & dual screems, it would take considerable effort to make it work somehow.
Fan Stuff / Shin Dracula X Concept Screenshots
« Last post by whipsmemory on March 15, 2024, 11:13:07 PM »
Does anyone remember those tiny, possibly fake, screenshot of "Shin Dracula X"?
I used Bing AI to generate some assets that I then proceeded to edit, section and combine in PS to create something somewhat inspired by that long time forgotten hoax.
These are not AI generated screenshot, most elements have been individually prompted and edited to be put together (for instance the whip was made editing and combining together 3 different prompts, for the chain, spiked ball tip and fire effects.) I'm specifying this just because people seems to think all you can do with AI is to write a prompt and get the job done and hating on a, i think, useful tool for a wide range of artists and professionals. Prompting all the elements took maybe one hour and half, most of the work was PS editing, cutting etc for each element and combining them to create a somewhat believable 16bit/32bit lost Dracula game. I think these tools are  potentially very useful for independent developers, and i wouldnt mind helping out on a doujin game with creating and editing assets as well as creating concept screenshot if anyone here ever needed to. Anyway, hope you may enjoy and let me know your thoughts

It definitely sucks that Rebirth is locked onto the Wii... I still have my Wii with Adventure Rebirth on it, but that hardware was outdated on launch, was made to work with tube tvs that nobody has anymore, and I remember the lag being pretty bad when trying to play it on a more modern tv. Even though I have a copy of this game in my closet, its too much of a hassle to play now. I hope it gets ported to something more modern eventually.
I’m pretty neutral when it comes to which I prefer, though lately I’ve absolutely been burned out on Metroidvanias—or rather, the ones that keep incorporating elements of the souls games.  Stuff like Bloodstained, Infernax, Team Ladybug games and the upcoming Adventures of Simon Quest are fine but otherwise, I’m pretty over them.

I’m super happy so many classicvania titles have been and are emerging lately.  I just wish they’d port Remake to new consoles or something.  It sucks to have to break out the Wii from storage every time I get a wild hair up my ass to play it.
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania ReVamped - New Fan Game Out Now!
« Last post by Aridale on March 14, 2024, 08:34:45 PM »
I was just lookin to see if this had been posted here yet. It came up on my youtube and I immediately DLed it. Pretty good! Bit too far between save points but eh. Played a couple hours and had a random crash where the screen didn't transition when I hit the edge and I just kept on walkin. Turned around and came back into the screen and when I tried to whip got an error about the whip. Looked like a gamemaker style error about an object that doesn't exist.
Fan Stuff / Re: Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi
« Last post by VladOfWallachia on March 14, 2024, 07:18:03 PM »
Irina Dracul gameplay footage:

I'm no expert but I'm guessing they can't slap ReBirth in a ROM with an emulator and release it twenty five million times on two hundred and fifty collections on eighty five different consoles over the next thirty years, like they can with all the other older games, where they go to freeroms.com and make you pay for it coz there's a Konami logo on the box.

I think they would re-release it if the porting costs were below 5 dollars, but it's probably a bit more work, which is why they don't. Just my guess.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10