Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet Another Castlevania Add On  (Read 540 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: March 26, 2024, 01:27:55 PM »
https://youtu.be/CkFP-XzRWrk?si=mJqF_3kKNwabT8KJ

I don't know what the game is but yeah.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 05:48:01 PM »
+1
Me neither - I'd have to guess you and your friends normally play as vampires, so Simon Belmont would be a natural boss enemy for you.  That's kind of interesting.  Commencing research into the game!

EDIT:
Oh, it seems this game lets you make your own vampire castle.  This collaboration would then let you add some Castlevania aesthetic to it.  Neat!

Game’s name is V Rising.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/survival-crafting/v-rising-gets-the-crossover-every-self-respecting-vampire-wants-castlevanias-simon-belmont-is-coming-to-try-and-kill-you/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 09:40:43 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 11:10:52 AM »
Vrising? ;D

Never heard of it but, save for the oversized boomerang, they at least got the Simon right. 

So technically, if you beat him, the entire timeline gets fucked, right?  No SotN and the endless succession of MapQuest-type games?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 11:12:57 AM by Eric Roman »

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 06:10:28 PM »
Seems like Dracula's a big deal in this game, even without the Castlevania collaboration.  Probably technically a different version, but still Dracula.  Looks like you can try to usurp his throne or something.

Original trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBEIFTreqdY

Basic gameplay looks like Diablo or Gauntlet to me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:18:37 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 05:56:17 AM »
I'm ready to be bashed, but... they forgot to animate their game or what? Oh wait, the bats moved!

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 04:37:46 PM »
Gameplay trailer.  Some cool stuff in there.  Their faces look a bit plastic to me though.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3808142/battle-simon-belmont-in-new-legacy-of-castlevania-gameplay-trailer-for-v-rising-watch/

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Yet Another Castlevania Add On
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 01:56:54 AM »
+1
I really love this games take on Simon, it looks like he isn't a playable character though which is such a shame. I want to play a new Castlevania game where you play as a badass vampire killing barbarian so badly.

Tags:

anything