Poll

What do you think is the hardest Classicvania ever?

Castlevania I (NES)
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Castlevania III (NES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES)
Haunted Castle (Arcade)
Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
Castlevania: Bloodlines (SG)

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hardest Classicvania Ever?  (Read 11140 times)

Offline Simon Belmont

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Haunted Castle (ARC)
« on: August 17, 2013, 03:20:45 PM »
Hello people! I am doing a small poll of what people think is the hardest Classicvania game ever.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:19 PM »
How you want a right answer withou putting them as a option? Insert Vampire Killer and Haunted Castle and then I can choose one of these two :P

Welcome to the dungeon and enjoy your stay ^^
If you really meant to exclude these 2 then I will vote in Dracula X for SNES.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »
Akumajo Dracula (X68000).
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »
Not SCIV, that's for sure.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
If you were to count it, Haunted Castle wins by a good margin I think, because it was a shamelessly cheap quarter chompin' arcade game. Adventure is hard for all the wrong reasons i.e. laggy controls. Perhaps from overestimating the abilities of the Gameboy. Of those listed 3 and X are definitely the hardest.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »
For me it's a tie-up between CV 1 and SNES DX. however I've played DX enough times to know the layout of the enemies and traps so it's not as hard as before. But CV 1 is still torture.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Haunted Castle is the toughest, but of the choices you listed, I'm gonna' go with Dracula X, which, by the way, I think is a pretty dope game. Not as good as Rondo, but I've grown to have quite an appreciation for it.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
I'm gonna go with Simon's Quest. It's really the only Classicvania I've never completely finished, and out of the choices that are present, it's the one I've not played enough to have any kind of a good idea of its layout and the like. Personally, I think Haunted Castle and The Adventure are the two hardest (the latter simply because it has to be done in one playthrough in addition to its awkward controls. Haunted Castle at least played pretty smoothly).

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »
i'd go with either Chronicles Original mode or Haunted Castle. Neither of which I've been able to beat.  :-X

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
Chronicles Original mode have changes other than music, Simon and Dracula sprites?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
Chronicles Original Mode is different in many ways to the Arranged Mode, including that in order to see the true ending you have to do like 11 loops, and then Simon Belmont appears smoking in a kind of bizarre drawing.
I never did that. But I'm aware of its existence.
However, if all you have to do is beat it once, then Haunted Castle is way harder, because I could only do that using save states emulating it, while I did beat Chronicles Original Mode. Not without trouble, but I did it.
And that's why I voted for Haunted Castle.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
You know some another change? I know about this smoke portait, it seems to appear in a stage after doing various loops like you mentioned, I've not seem it yet too.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
You know some another change? I know about this smoke portait, it seems to appear in a stage after doing various loops like you mentioned, I've not seem it yet too.
Yes, the most fundamental change resides in the higher difficulty.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 08:21:53 AM »
Castlevania Adventure.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:39 AM »
Why is there no option of the X68000 game, Legends, Belmont's Revenge, Adventure Rebirth and Rondo of Blood?
In my personal opinion, at least X68000 and Legends are way more difficult than CV1 and Bloodlines.
I'd even say that Bloodlines is the easiest ClassicVania game.

Tags: